Game 82: Philadelphia Flyers at Chicago Blackhawks; 4/13/23 @ 8:30 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

Chicago is a mild favorite (-132) despite a worse record given the O and B's poor road performance:

https://sportschatplace.com/nhl-picks/2023/blackhawks-vs-flyers-pick-nhl-predictions-odds-4-13-23/

The Blackhawks are a much better faceoff team.  Otherwise, these two squads are similar statistically:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/phi-vs-chi/2023/04/13/2022021306

Peter Mrazek stopped 38 shots when Chicago beat us 4-1 in January.  

Meanwhile.....

https://genius.com/1317715/Frank-sinatra-my-way/And-now-the-end-is-near-and-so-i-face-the-final-curtain

.....Thankfully for this season.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Fletcher's flops vs. the asinine tankers, what a perfect way to end the year. 

I would love for the hockey luck to work in the Flyers favor unlike in 2007 with this club and the Flyers end up with the 1st pick and Chicago to end up with the 7th pick.

All i want for Christmas this year.

For once something work in the Flyer's favor for a change...it would help me get over losing out on Kane back then and ending up with the Floating draft pick killer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would love for the hockey luck to work in the Flyers favor unlike in 2007 with this club and the Flyers end up with the 1st pick and Chicago to end up with the 7th pick.

All i want for Christmas this year.

For once something work in the Flyer's favor for a change...it would help me get over losing out on Kane back then and ending up with the Floating draft pick killer.

Yes if there ever was a hockey god, then the Flyers ending up with the 1st overall over Chicago would be justice for getting screwed out of Patrick Kane in 2007.

• Thanks 1

I will start a season post-mortem thread tomorrow.  That will allow us to vent within our board's civil bounds. I will watch tonight and try to stay engaged. But it's tough. Tippett, Farabee, and Frost have some pizzazz.  TK is solid. For reasons I don't get, the rest of the gang is a blur. I'm even worrying about Hart. Strange but true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

For reasons I don't get, the rest of the gang is a blur.

Mostly because the rest of the group are just bottom 6 guys for now which is fine because that is where they need to be.

With the exception of Hayes and JVR who will hopefully be gone.

• Like 2

Greetings:

Here is the lineup:

Flyers projected lineup

Kevin Hayes -- Noah Cates -- Owen Tippett

Joel Farabee -- Morgan Frost -- Travis Konecny

James van Riemsdyk -- Scott Laughton -- Wade Allison

Nicolas Deslauriers -- Tanner Laczynski -- Brendan Lemieux

Ivan Provorov -- Cam York

Travis Sanheim -- Rasmus Ristolainen

Nick Seeler -- Justin Braun

Felix Sandstrom

Carter Hart

Scratched: Tony DeAngelo, Kieffer Bellows

Injured: None

FYI!

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

Noah Cates -- Scott Laughton -- Wade Allison

Nicolas Deslauriers -- Tanner Laczynski -- Bobby Brink

And this is what the bottom 6 will more likely look like next year. I'm goos with that.

And the top 6 will be adding Foerster and Desnoyers someone has to go this summer.

9 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I'm even worrying about Hart. Strange but true.

One look at Hart’s numbers are enough to worry anyone. We know he’s better than his record because we watch him play but his career stats are not great (to be kind).

Career GAA = 2.96 / SV% = .906

Tippett, Farabee, and Frost have some pizzazz.

Tippett and TK are the most reliable goal scorers and Farabee should be another one next year. Frost has made great progress this year but his small size hurts him as a top 6 center. No worries now but when the Flyers get back into the POs, start playing “for real” again I worry if he’ll hold up physically.

For reasons I don't get, the rest of the gang is a blur.

I like Noah Cates. He’s the only forward with a + next to his name this year (+3) and for good reason. He’s as responsible as it gets managing the puck on both sides of the ice. 

And I (still) like Provorov and Sanheim. 

Seeler is the only other + this year (besides Lemieux, 17 games) and he’s another one I like. I had him pegged as a 7th at best but he was good this year. He brought much needed energy and intelligence to the back end for the Flyers. I say keep him he’s only got 1 more year on his (very inexpensive) contract.

btw after tonight Cates, Provorov and Farabee will have played all 82 games.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I say keep him he’s only got 1 more year on his (very inexpensive) contract.

Seeler is the perfect 7th guy nice and cheap solid in his own end and will drop the gloves and stick up for his guys.

Another crazy stat...

Goodbye:

Hayes

JVR

TDA

Braun

Lemieux

Laczynski

Bellows

These are the obvious subtractions, not sure who else gets moved.

This off-season will be more entertaining than this season 

and with that point Chicago gives Anaheim the best shot at Bedard. 

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So true...

....but if you know you know.

but but but.............shouldn't garbage players play their best in garbage time?????

Wake up Torts, at least half this roster is garbage. 

5 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Wake up Torts, at least half this roster is garbage. 

That is my point he knows. He is just trying to be nice it seems to me the season is over and the evaluation is pretty much over.

I don't feel any excuses from him i believe he has voiced his opinion to Danny and now we'll have to sit back and wait to see what changes can be made.

You know if we know then they know. (or hope and pray they know and will be honest about it.)

Now what can they realistically do about it to alter the roster without giving up assets to move the dead weight??

I won't venture to guess. I will just wait and see. And pray for hope before the start of next year. Now i just want that top pick in the draft...

• Like 1

Ok. I checked out this season. Big Time. I stayed engaged last year...and the year before.... but this season was the straw.

My camel is now in a back-brace and excited for the off season.

Wishing you all a great summer! Get out there and swim and boat and soak in the sun! Spend time with your friends and family and above all, please please please..... try to be kind to each others!

Peace out HF Boards! See ya all when the "shoes drop".....Bye Bye Hayes and JVR!! It's been real......(-ly frustrating)

• Like 3

A pretty exciting final game - some good goals - Provorov's OT winner esp. Toews whiffing on the GWer was priceless. Love the player, hate that the Flyers haven't had anyone like him in a long time. Nice video salute to him at the end...

glad TK hit 30 and 31, Tippett with another...Cates with a ripping good shot Frost great setup.

so now the real work begins...

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

That is my point he knows. He is just trying to be nice it seems to me the season is over and the evaluation is pretty much over.

I don't feel any excuses from him i believe he has voiced his opinion to Danny and now we'll have to sit back and wait to see what changes can be made.

You know if we know then they know. (or hope and pray they know and will be honest about it.)

Now what can they realistically do about it to alter the roster without giving up assets to move the dead weight??

I won't venture to guess. I will just wait and see. And pray for hope before the start of next year. Now i just want that top pick in the draft...

I think that's probably right. He can't name guys openly in case they can't get rid of them right away and are stuck with them for next year(s). Not yet anyway. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 2:25 PM, GrittyForever said:

He can't name guys openly in case they can't get rid of them right away

Bingo he'd be a fool to devalue his GM's assets before he tries to move them...

...and some may not be moved right away.

Tell the media to fcuk off...

...they don't need to know everything.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#bourbonup
  • Like 1