NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Eastern Conference Finals: Carolina (M1) vs. Florida (WC) - (Florida wins series 4-0)

pilldoc

NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Eastern Conference Finals: Carolina (M1) vs. Toronto (A2) or Florida (WC)  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Hurricanes sweeps in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Panthers sweep in 4*
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Eastern Conference Finals: Carolina (M1) vs. Florida (WC) - (Florida wins series 4-0)

You have to tip your cap to the Panthers recognizing so soon that Giroux was just a dude and moving on to go get them a better star stud in Tkachuk and wow has it paid off.

Giroux just trying to get paid in Ottawa and work on his golf game as he eventually fades off into the sunset. 

You have to expect some major shake ups coming to the Canes after a shocking sweep like this.

Yep it is time. I congratulate the Panthers on a hell of a win. Canes back to the drawing board.

Are the Stars next in line to be swept out the door???? We'll see.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You have to tip your cap to the Panthers recognizing so soon that Giroux was just a dude and moving on to go get them a better star stud in Tkachuk and wow has it paid off.

Giroux just trying to get paid in Ottawa and work on his golf game as he eventually fades off into the sunset. 

You have to expect some major shake ups coming to the Canes after a shocking sweep like this.

Yep it is time. I congratulate the Panthers on a hell of a win. Canes back to the drawing board.

Are the Stars next in line to be swept out the door???? We'll see.

Yes. Vegas will close it tonight.

• Like 1

Canes.

LOTS to mull over this off season....starting with...."Wh-wha-wha happened??"

Oh, and yea....they might need to really consider adding some more bonafide playoff grit guys.

Grudging congrats to the Panthers.
From out of the playoff picture to Eastern Conference champions.

And the lineup of broken teams they left behind wasn't an easy one to get through!

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Forgotten guy Alex Lyon coming in and saving the season while Bob got healthy.

Huge for the guy i am going to have to pull for Alex, Gudas and Cousins to get a ring.

It will hurt but i still will do it.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

'Who else, right?' Tkachuk hero for Panthers again in Game 4

Continues playoff magic with late goal to complete sweep of Hurricanes in East Final

https://www.nhl.com/news/matthew-tkachuk-hero-again-for-florida-panthers-in-game-4-of-eastern-conference-final/c-344579208?tid=344334650

Panthers to play Golden Knights or Stars in Stanley Cup Final

Florida swept Hurricanes in East; Vegas holds series lead against Dallas

https://www.nhl.com/news/florida-panthers-to-play-vegas-golden-knights-or-dallas-stars-in-stanley-cup-final/c-344574802

Teams keep playing badly against the Panthers. Hmmm I wonder??

This isn't such a big surprise to me. This roster (with some changes in key areas) won the President's trophy last season.

I didn't think adding Matthew Tkachuk would make them worse.

The fact they were struggling during the season was the surprise to me.

They got tougher and even though they weren't exactly shrinking violets last year, they got mentally tougher, now they have the NHL's top gamer in #19.

That dude brings it, and when it matters most, he raises his game. He's hockey's Jimmy Buckets (Butler). 

Bobrovsky only needs to be good for them to skate the big trophy. This is a good team that plays well together.

I like that Carolina team but they needed this force them to take the next step.

The team is in great shape, they have a core, picks, money and a very good coach. They just need a guy that can get his own shot. Auston Matthews ? 

They come at you in waves are relentless, can skate, will hit, have size so the hitting is meaningful.   They just need a Tkachuk type to get over the hump.

I wonder what Waddle does this offseason?

Edited by mojo1917

Talk of Carolina needing a shakeup is a little foolish. 
Carolina lost the series but were not beaten. 
4 one goal games going to ot or the closing minutes of the game against a goalie who absolutely robbed several plus goals from Carolina shouldn’t be considered a beating. 
TFG is spot on about adding a little more grit, but other than that it should be remembered that sometimes you can do everything right and still lose. 

• Like 1