2023-24 Phantoms/Flyer prospects

On 5/12/2024 at 12:18 PM, OccamsRazor said:

...keeping Lappy i feel is a mistake but expected.

I always am reminded of this when Lappy is brought up, so funny...if you haven't seen this, Lappy had to record a commercial/public service announcement for Soles for Souls but somehow he forgot or lost his teeth and couldn't pronounce anything correctly...GOLD!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good to see for the kid.

Can't wait till he comes to Leigh Valley so Lappy can ruin him to like Desnoyers.

Gendron should get a long look at LW next season.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Great to see for Bonk and Barkey!

Maybe the teenagers can teach the Old Boys how to win a championship in this millennium. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Maybe the teenagers can teach the Old Boys how to win a championship in this millennium. 

Who do you think wins it all?

Meant to add Carter Sotheran's Winterhawks were eliminated last night.

104th edition of the Memorial Cup, which is scheduled from May 23 – June 2 in Saginaw, Michigan, will feature the Moose Jaw Warriors of the Western Hockey League (WHL), the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), and the Drummondville Voltigeurs of the Quebec Maritimes Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). 

🤔

Edited by OccamsRazor
fix boo boo
  • Like 1

One thing that's good, is the host team (Saginaw) is actually deserving of being in it. Theres a lot of times when the host shouldn't be there, and sometimes they even win. Sometimes they haven't played hockey in 2 months while the competition has being going hard the whole time. No idea how their home crowd is, but that could factor. London, as much as I hate them, are just such a well run organization. Won't be surprised if they come away with it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

One thing that's good, is the host team (Saginaw) is actually deserving of being in it. Theres a lot of times when the host shouldn't be there, and sometimes they even win. Sometimes they haven't played hockey in 2 months while the competition has being going hard the whole time. No idea how their home crowd is, but that could factor. London, as much as I hate them, are just such a well run organization. Won't be surprised if they come away with it.

Bro really what are we doing here?

We are just literally raising a bunch of pu$$ies by not allowing shittalking.

As long as it ain't rascist it shouldn't even matter.

Can't belive this.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Can't belive this.

Oh somebody cried about something. Feelings were hurt, didn't feel safe, the usual kind of things that are said when somebody says something like this. Glad to see we're raising kids that have a tough time dealing with **** talking.....

• Uggh... 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Oh somebody cried about something. Feelings were hurt, didn't feel safe, the usual kind of things that are said when somebody says something like this. Glad to see we're raising kids that have a tough time dealing with **** talking.....

Makes teddy bear toss make so much more sense now.

This kids would habe died coming up in the 70s like it did softer by the second.

SMFH.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Glad to see we're raising kids that have a tough time dealing with **** talking.....

I seen it mentioned on the news the CHL wants to replace the after game handshake with a hug now.

Mote news at 11...

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Can't belive this.

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Wow the news just gets better and better.

Bro they have some of the worst luck

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I seen it mentioned on the news the CHL wants to replace the after game handshake with a hug now.

Mote news at 11...

A big hug. And a reach around. The pussification of society continues.

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2024 at 2:27 PM, Cheesesteak said:

Lappy

Him not playing the actual prospect you know in a development league might be what made him say **** this i'm staying home.

Lappy needs to go.

As said sure this isn’t final or anything like that yet.

May be a ploy to wake the Flyer brass up or he could mean it and just wants to stay in the KHL we'll never know till i guess next season starts and see where he is at.

But for this report to already be out there sucks big time.

• Uggh... 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Him not playing the actual prospect you know in a development league might be what made him say **** this i'm staying home.

Lappy needs to go.

This is the short term thinking emblematic of what's been wrong with the Flyers for decades. When it becomes more important to win in the AHL than to develop players, your organization has lost the plot.

They have a top prospect make the difficult decision to come over and he gets two whole games while they run Cal Petersen out there to be the second coming of Andrew Raycroft

image.jpeg

Kolosov was 3.03/.885 but, again, two games. Was Petersen's 2.70/.887 that much better???  They've already committed two years to Fedotov and he was 4.95/.811 in three NHL games.

Just wait, Scott Hartnell will go up there and turn everything around in Lehigh Valley. :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Edited by radoran
  • Good Post 1

Posted (edited)

see after what they have done to us in the past we can't believe anything till we actually see it

@radoran

Not sure when the clown show ends 

The front office has to stop being the laughing stock of the NHL.

And it was the same way in the NHL in a "rebuild" they traded for Johnson (and it isn’t just about what they gave up to get him).

But they literally had two guys they could have leaned on just the same in Ginning and Attard who were both 23 or 24 and need to be given minutes in the NHL sowe'd know yeah keep them or yeah cut bait with them.

They can't expect kids learning on the job to NOT make some mistakes when you have the vets doing the same or worse.

I really want to get back to enjoying my favorite team playing good hockey again but hell i don't know when that is.

Edited by OccamsRazor
fix boo boo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

see after what they have done to us in the past we can't believe anything till we actually see it

It wouldn't at all surprise me if this was a ploy from an agent or the player or the KHL. Or a mixed translation somewhere.

Or he could be on his way to Minsk as we speak :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

That doesn't change anything about what's going on in Lehigh Valley. :hocky:

• Good Post 1

32 minutes ago, radoran said:

That doesn't change anything about what's going on in Lehigh Valley.

Exactly they need to remember Matvei is watching.

As well as any other free agents or guys rhey want to acquire or sign.

Especially the college kids who can jiat refuse to sign and walk for free.

2 hours ago, radoran said:

It wouldn't at all surprise me if this was a ploy from an agent or the player or the KHL. Or a mixed translation somewhere.

Or he could be on his way to Minsk as we speak :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

That doesn't change anything about what's going on in Lehigh Valley. :hocky:

Oh how about this gem...

Cutter Gauthier, 2.0? Philadelphia Flyers 'Don't Know If We'll Ever See Michkov With Our Team'

In an interview with French-language podcast La Poche Bleue, GM Daniel Briere said the Flyers, "hope very, very much that (Michkov) will show up at some point." 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/cutter-gauthier-2-0-philadelphia-flyers-dont-know-if-well-ever-see-michkov-with-our-team

@flyercanuck

So encouraging.

:bonkingheadonwall:

I wasn't expecting Michkov to come over until his contract was over, so this doesn't really bother me. But when you add it to Gauthier AND potentially Kolosov, it really shows how the powers that be in Philly have turned what used to be a destination franchise into the Ballard Years Leafs.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So encouraging.

I will say that if they haven't had any contact with him at all, and he's still posting videos of himself working out in Flyer gear, that's at the very least encouraging.

The ultimate decision may not be in his hands, but I don't think he will Gauthier them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, radoran said:

I will say that if they haven't had any contact with him at all, and he's still posting videos of himself working out in Flyer gear, that's at the very least encouraging.

The ultimate decision may not be in his hands, but I don't think he will Gauthier them.

Well at least their #1 they have that going for them...

couldn't help but laugh at loud to this.

And yeah i know it's all before LTIR and Ellis and Petersen is buried again but still i find it funny the #2 is was an actual Cup contender and former winner.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And yeah i know it's all before LTIR and Ellis and Petersen is buried again

I went over this "in another thread" but

Buried - $3.85M (Petersen)

Retained - $3.571M (Hayes) - and next season

Buyout - $1.67M (SeAngelo)

LTIR - $6.25M (Ellis) - two more seasons

LTIR (likey) - $4M (Johansen)

That's almost $20M dollars in guys who will never play for them again. If Petersen does then his hit is $5M (the Flyers' total goalie corps hit is $4.75M).

This was the essential folly of "trying to make the playoffs" last season - they're not in any sort of position where they will actually be able to get "better" this season.

This was not the planting of an acorn that will grow into a mighty oak tree.

It's trying to grow crops in the dust bowl.

35 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

but still i find it funny the #2 is was an actual Cup contender and former winner.

The Knigits are, indeed, filthy.

But you see the perennial middling bubble playoff teams Washington, Minnesota, Islanders in the top five and then crap teams like Montreal and Ottawa in the top 10.

Then there's the Rangers, Oilers, Lightning all sitting there with $9M in cap space...

Edited by radoran
  • Good Post 1
  • Uggh... 1

11 minutes ago, radoran said:

they're not in any sort of position where they will actually be able to get "better" this season.

myself i am good with that play as many guys you can who need developing and while trying to bottom out as best you can because realistically you can ask athletes to tank.

Weaponize as much cap space as you can and purge as much as you can for assets for the rebuild and just well see where the chips may fall.

Which i would expect around where they are now or hopefully a little closer to a top 5 pick.

And you hopefully be in a better cap situation for the following year and only one year left till MM comes over.

But yes we know what they will do again.

Make the playoffs and anything can happen.

• Like 2