Lindros? Flyers last great super star?

hmc687

3 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

This won't be popular but I never liked Lindros. 

I always thought he was a total a-hole. I know people who have met him irl and have stories about him acting like a complete a-hole off ice. His father was an absolute a-hole. I wish we'd never have made that trade and think we might have won a cup with Forsberg instead. 

Ya, he was a hockey star, but I just didn't like the guy. Have at me, it's summer and I'm bored. 

I think you'd find less people who thought he was a great guy...especially early in his career. I think he eventually grew up, but the guy definitely had the prima donna thing going on a bit.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

This won't be popular but I never liked Lindros. 

I always thought he was a total a-hole. I know people who have met him irl and have stories about him acting like a complete a-hole off ice. His father was an absolute a-hole. I wish we'd never have made that trade and think we might have won a cup with Forsberg instead. 

Ya, he was a hockey star, but I just didn't like the guy. Have at me, it's summer and I'm bored. 

There are many who would agree with you. 

I marveled at his game when he was on his way up. 

I wonder if he'd have grown up and subsequently into a truly elite franchise cornerstone, had he not had his brain scrambled so many times. 

I think he was immature, lots of people grow out of that.  He had all the talent anyone could want. 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

On 8/16/2023 at 2:53 PM, CoachX said:

Honestly, if head shots werent allowed back then, I really think he wouldve lasted longer, and stayed in Philly longer. I really think we would've won a cup

Get a goalie better than any of the average at best ones that we had (not that hard to do had Clarke done his due diligence to find one or trade for one), and one more goal scorer on the second line, then they win a Cup with Lindros.. in 2000.

On 8/16/2023 at 9:09 PM, Podein25 said:

Head shots were not Eric's downfall

They definitely were, IMHO. For as much as I blame Clarke and Co., for not surrounding Lindros with enough pieces to win a Stanley Cup, I blame Eric himself and anyone going back to his youth hockey days not insisting, that he skate more with his head up. That was always major concern of mine with Big E.

Edited by FD19372

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

I blame Eric himself and anyone going back to his youth hockey days not insisting, that he skate more with his head up.

Oh, trust me, I blame Lindros lol. Why, I blame him for everything. 

Yeah it's weird the head down thing. I cannot think of another player ever who just habitually skated around with his head down like that. It really is a miracle that he made it out of Bantam. 

4 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Oh, trust me, I blame Lindros lol. Why, I blame him for everything. 

Yeah it's weird the head down thing. I cannot think of another player ever who just habitually skated around with his head down like that. It really is a miracle that he made it out of Bantam. 

He was big and strong enough to steamroll anyone in bantam.

That's the problem. He got used to it. Once he was playing with the big boys, he was unprepared