**** 2023-24 MINNESOTA WILD GENERAL SEASON THREAD ****

TropicalFruitGirl26

On 11/11/2023 at 9:10 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

There are a contingent of Wild fans who make it sound like the Wild gave away Bobby Orr.  Also, did anyone see Joe Smith's comment that Addison said he was caught completely by surprise by the trade?  If so, then his lack of situational awareness isn't just on the ice.  

I find it interesting that the San Jose Sharks are the worst team in the league, and are stocked with a plethora of Wild draft picks...Granlund, Kunin, Sturm, Kahkonen...

Sharks were created in 1991 when North Star owners, the Gund Bros., granted expansion team in San Jose. Bizarre dispersal draft saw North Stars roster and talent pool raided to create Sharks. Irony is that the remaining North Stars went to Stanley Cup finals following season, with Jon Casey in net, where they were soundly defeated by one of the greatest Pittsburgh Penguins team of all time.

On 11/15/2023 at 6:15 AM, Icechipper said:

Sharks were created in 1991 when North Star owners, the Gund Bros., granted expansion team in San Jose. Bizarre dispersal draft saw North Stars roster and talent pool raided to create Sharks. Irony is that the remaining North Stars went to Stanley Cup finals following season, with Jon Casey in net, where they were soundly defeated by one of the greatest Pittsburgh Penguins team of all time.

I was at game 6 massacre. Only good thing about it was seeing the Cup carried around the rink by Mario. Something I will probably never see live again 

• Like 2

On 11/14/2023 at 9:37 AM, IllaZilla said:

I find it interesting that the San Jose Sharks are the worst team in the league, and are stocked with a plethora of Wild draft picks...Granlund, Kunin, Sturm, Kahkonen...

They were able to beat a good St Louis team yesterday with a score 5:1. Kunin had 1 goal and 1 assist; Sturm had 1 assist; Kahkonen stopped 44 shots out of 45. I think he stole that game from Blues. 

Out 5 former Wild players for that team the most progressed is Nico Sturm who is Stanley Cup winner with Avalanche team in 2022(played 13 playoffs games then) and a silver medal winner with Germany team this 2023 year at World Championship. He recorded 6 goals and 2 assists in 10 played games there.

Edited by Alexandron
  • Like 1

**crackle... "Calling all cars, calling all cars.... be on the look out for a missing letter "W"...yes, the missing "W". As in a WIN.
The Minnesota Wild have not seen this letter in quite some time and now has been missing for almost a fortnight and the Wild parents are now filing their missing "W" child report.

This letter was last seen wearing NY Islander colors, and is considered to be a flight risk, so approach with caution.
Notify the authorities that the missing letter was NOT found in Europe and that it likely is somewhere in the United States.
St. Paul, Detroit, or Nashville, TN.
It remains to be seen.
That is all, over... "
***crackle***

Russo take on KFAN today

* No trade leeway with cap and NMC

* Goligoski back, Mermis likely back to Iowa

* Kaprisov skated well in Sweden

* Boldy is a mystery

* Still only 5 pts out...🤔

The burden sits squarely on Evenson and his staff to get this team going.🏒🏒🏒

• Like 1

They are definitely stuck with the players they have. The only tradable players aren’t the problem. 
They need to figure out that Maroon, EEK and Foligno should play together. 
the 4th line should have a player with some speed to keep up with dewar and Duhaime. 
From what I saw in sweden Boldy shouldn’t really be on a

speed line either. 
So imo lines would be something like. 
foligno/eek/ maroon

boldy johanson gaudreau

kaprizov rossi zucc

Duhaime dewar Hartman 

fire the pp coach, whatever line draws the penalty starts the pp and just let them play their style. 
right now they are a lottery team, maybe stay that way for this year. 

• Good Post 1

I just looked for Barry Trotz position. He was a coach for 3 teams many years : Predators; Capitals; Islanders. Now he is a General Manager for Predators. 

If we will continue to lose every game then it will be necessary to change first of all the coach. He is not capable to change the team mentality towards winning now. It came an interesting idea. Maybe the owner capable to switch Guerin and Evason positions? I think Guerin could be a very promising Head Coach and a Hockey Director for the Wild Club, but Evason could have a position of General Manager. Maybe that way this tandem will have a better future?

5 hours ago, Macyjack said:

240 goals...that's less than 3 goals per game. Gustavsson and Fleury better be on their game this season...

Welcome to the board. I agree , they didn't start well this season. Hope for their improvement as soon as possible. Our current Wild standing position is not the best at this moment.

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

Has the NHL stated why he can’t wear the mask?

If I recall, wearing the mask goes against what the NHL is calling "theme nights".
Likely goes back to the removal of pride theme nights.

So, in order for anyone not to get upset, ALL themes were removed (except those officially sanctioned)....ironic, because in the process, the NHL will be upsetting people anyways.

Thing is, Fleury's mask isn't necessarily a theme.
Simply some artwork that has meaning for himself and his family.

Sounds like the NHL splitting hairs here....

21 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

If I recall, wearing the mask goes against what the NHL is calling "theme nights".
Likely goes back to the removal of pride theme nights.

So, in order for anyone not to get upset, ALL themes were removed (except those officially sanctioned)....ironic, because in the process, the NHL will be upsetting people anyways.

Thing is, Fleury's mask isn't necessarily a theme.
Simply some artwork that has meaning for himself and his family.

Sounds like the NHL splitting hairs here....

Boy, the NHL just can’t seem to get out of its own way…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimtown guy said:

Hynes is no upgrade 

Perhaps not.
But at this point, Wild look like they are throwing all sorts of things at the wall to see what sticks.

And since they are stuck with the players they have, may as well move the coach out.
Evason's manner of player deployment probably doesn't help his case, but still, as I stated on a thread suggesting the Ottawa HC should be fired, it will fall on the players to have enough pride to play a better brand of hockey.....and that includes some favorites of mine like Gustavsson

• Like 1

Darby Hendrickson (12th year as assistant with the Wild), goalie coach Frederic Chabot and video coaches Jonas Plumb and TJ Kendra presumably remain in their team roles. Appears there may get be an opening for another assistant, likely one Haynes can name.....