Game 17: Vegas Golden Knights @ Philadelphia Flyers; 11/18/23 @ 1 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

4 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

have thunk!

I wonder if we keep or trade him.  I didn't watch, but it seems the squad doesn't cave under adversity.  An OT win is almost beyond belief.  About the only downside--no top 5 pick.

I just started the thread for tomorrow.  Let's hope that isn't a repeat of San Jose.  

16 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

He's getting a long term deal. You can book that.

If "long-term" means 4 or 5 years I'm okay with it. Tippett is a keeper. I see no point in trading away young, productive players for picks that you only hope will someday equal Tippett's (or TK's or Farabee's or Hart's etc) production.

Hell of a win today - in front of a big crowd from what I saw and heard. 2 Flyers' PP goals in the same game? Beating the Cup champs is impressive enough but the way they did it with everybody contributing was great to see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I wonder if we keep or trade him. 

On my rebuild team for the future it has only one spot as of now for a vet and a right hand vet at that so Risto is out first offer i get even...i'm pikcing up salary to do it i don't want him tainting the youth anymore than he already has.

Walker and Risto are both 29 - so i choose Walker moving forward...

...trade Risto, Seeler, Staal and even Zamula if you get a decent offer but i'm good keeping him too.

York/Sanheim

Zamula/Walker

Andrea/Belpedio

Seeler has played extremely well this year. He looks to be on a second career of sorts, from all but washed up a few years ago to an excellent role model on the ice and a hard-to-play-against 2nd pair D-man.

He’ll be a solid pickup for a PO team but Briere has to demand a real good return. If Briere re-signs him that’s fine with me too. He’s a bargain at twice what he’s getting now. I guess it’s official I’m a Nick Seeler fan.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, flyerdog said:

I'm curious, is Brink injured? I don't recall seeing him for a few games

It’s his turn to rotate through Tortorella’s dog house. 

As we all know players can work through their slumps best, not by playing but in the press box serving popcorn :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

22 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

He's been scratched because according to Tortorella he's 'hit a wall.' Young players aren't allowed to play through any signs of adversity.

So I have to wonder if this is subterfuge....and this is the story so that they can showcase Frost for a trade...he has been trade rumored for a while...

Edited by flyerdog