Game 28: Philadelphia Flyer at Nashville Predators; 12/12/23 @ 8 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

The O&B are underdogs (+144), despite a better record and hot streak:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/philadelphia-nashville-odds-december-12-2023-2017564

The teams are similar statistically.  They are even "hotter" than the Flyers:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/nsh-vs-phi/2023/12/12/2023020435

Historically, this is a very competitive series, home and away:

https://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/opponent.cgi?Nashville_Predators

This is a good matchup.

Best,

Howie

Edited by Howie58

Thanks for the history link @Howie58 I was surprised to see the head-to-head so even. I expected it to be lopsided in Nashville’s favor, especially in Nashville. Instead it’s basically .500 home and away. I really thought they had the Flyers number but apparently not. 

• Like 1

Ugh what a bogus way to end... just a tough break I guess but that game deserved a full 5-min OT. Saros has to be the 1st star tonight 38 saves? Anyway good game by both teams - comeback down 2 is big - love seeing Sanheim get another.

2 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

A PP goal would have helped.

Once again...PP lets them down the PK saves their butts...

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

The PP did everything but finish after the underwhelming first crack at it.

I understand what folks are saying, scoring is the desired end result, and that didn't happen.

I thought the PP generated chances, I thought the team kept momentum afterwards, they just needed to get one past Saros and that was ****** hard last night. 

Like every facet of this team, the PP seems to be improving, it had been abysmal now it's just bad.

For as well as the team played that result was disappointing. 

• Like 2

In prior years, the team might have folded after being down 2-0.  They showed resolve and got back on their feet.  I commented elsewhere that the winning goal had a Leighton-like feel, but that will happen to the Patrick Roys of the world as well.  

My gut says another 30-goal type will make a difference.  If Cam and Owen are in neutral, we don't have another person to fill in.  As for the PP...that one looks like slow decision-making that allows defenders to keep their defensive box.  That's one dude's take.

I'll be curious to see how they rebound against the Caps tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

In prior years, the team might have folded after being down 2-0.  They showed resolve and got back on their feet.  I commented elsewhere that the winning goal had a Leighton-like feel, but that will happen to the Patrick Roys of the world as well.  

My gut says another 30-goal type will make a difference.  If Cam and Owen are in neutral, we don't have another person to fill in.  As for the PP...that one looks like slow decision-making that allows defenders to keep their defensive box.  That's one dude's take.

I'll be curious to see how they rebound against the Caps tomorrow.

The two biggest needs to expedite the rebuild are a #1 defensemen and a #2 center. We may have the center if Gauthier can play the position properly at the NHL level, otherwise we have a top left wing. The defensemen, we do not have and when we trade Seeler and Walker our defense has no second pair . We gotta hope Attard and someone else can step up. I still propose trading Konecny for a top young dman. We are stocked at right wing but thin at center, defense and then left wing in that order.

• Good Post 1