Game 29: Washington Capitals at Philadelphia Flyers; 12/14/23 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's called age and not working out enough in the offseason.

On top of being 38 and his testosterone has has more likely went from 800-900 ng/dl to maybe around 300-400 at his current agebwill make a huge difference in performance and energy as well as mood.

Low T in men is real. It's what makes us men.

For sure age is likely catching up with him. Wondering if maybe his choice of friends may be playing in his mind a bit as well. Not trying to start anything political here, but I'm sure it's somewhat of a factor.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's called age and not working out enough in the offseason.

On top of being 38 and his testosterone has has more likely went from 800-900 ng/dl to maybe around 300-400 at his current agebwill make a huge difference in performance and energy as well as mood.

All athletes are different too.

When Peyton Manning lost his zip on the fastball it was extreme and sudden.

Eziekiel Elliott went from guaranteed 4 yards a pop to unable to break the line of scrimmage in what seemed like 2 weeks.

Not every athlete ages like Nolan Ryan, Tom Brady or Ichiro Suzuki.

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

All athletes are different too.

When Peyton Manning lost his zip on the fastball it was extreme and sudden.

Eziekiel Elliott went from guaranteed 4 yards a pop to unable to break the line of scrimmage in what seemed like 2 weeks.

Not every athlete ages like Nolan Ryan, Tom Brady or Ichiro Suzuki.

Yep and a majority of it involves the dip in testosterone it comes with age and a poor diet is only going to speed it up.

Father time catches us all eventually.

14 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Seems the Flyers still haven't learned that 3-on-3 OT is all about puck possession.

I almost commented further on this last night.  Then I saw this in the WaPo reader comments for the game recap article.  Can’t say it any better myself:

There should be a rule in OT preventing a team from skating out of the offensive zone with the puck, not tipped or anything. Like over and back in basketball. The Caps controlled the puck for 4 minutes out of 5 by just circling back. It’s a good strategy if the rules allow it. But it is boring.“

• Like 2

I agree it just makes it dull when they can use the whole rink. At least cut it in half…

Awarding an extra point for winning 3 on 3 OT is corny anyway. It’s not that it can’t be exciting sure it can but imho it’s no way to decide a hockey game.

The shootout is even more ridiculous. Personally I had no problem with games ending in a tie.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I agree it just makes it dull when they can use the whole rink. At least cut it in half…

Awarding an extra point for winning 3 on 3 OT is corny anyway. It’s not that it can’t be exciting sure it can but imho it’s no way to decide a hockey game.

The shootout is even more ridiculous. Personally I had no problem with games ending in a tie.

Thank you....always was fine with ties. It's 82 games, so what if a few end up ties. Playoffs are obviously different. 

• Good Post 1