Game 72: Florida Panthers at Philadelphia Flyers; 3/24/2024 @ 6 PM, NBCSP

12 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Not adding a second viable goalie will be the nail in the coffin for this club.

Yep what i said earlier they should have plucked Raanta off waivers to backup Ersson how they could have their sights on the playoffs with only one solid goalie is/was a huge mis step and well it could very well cost them the playoffs as a whole.

Raanta's cap hit was only 1.5 mill very affordable but nope they said nah we good and well here they are...

14 hours ago, flyerrod said:

I am developing an Andrew MacDonald level of hate for Sandstrom. Cechmanek’s corpse would be more effective as goal tender……I am 57 years old and crippled and could possibly carry an .829 save percentage. 

Wow an A-Mac reference!  Now there is a guy I haven’t thought about in a while!  Thanks for reminding me of that horror show.

As April fools is coming up let’s go down memory lane and read together this April Fools piece written about A-Mac!

https://brotherlypuck.com/2021/04/01/andrew-macdonald-was-the-hero-we-needed-and-we-were-too-blind-to-see-it/

• Haha 4

I’m confused…..

are we wanting the Flyers to make the playoffs? 

depending on your stance on the matter defines how valuable Sandstroms particular talent is

🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, CoachX said:

depending on your stance on the matter defines how valuable Sandstroms particular talent is

Quite possibly your most insightfu post!

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I want whatever is best to help with the rebuild. If that is a better pick then so be it.

But if playoff experience is the key thing then yeah sure make the playoffs but it feels like their lack of a plan for a backup is going to bite them in the ass if they even do make the playoffs...it will be one and done.

This all after they already knew of Ersson running out of gas in last year's AHL playoff run vs the Canes farm team and they still didn't plan accordingly i guess they fell back on all their Cup winning team building experience and it will cost them. :hehe:

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

I’m confused…..

🤷‍♂️

I don't care if they make or don't make the playoffs.

If they didn't make the playoffs, it's a higher first round pick that can be used to acquire or draft a young center.

If they make the playoffs, it's going to be an eye opener for some of these younger players.

Either way, I look at it as a win/win for the franchise.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I don't care if they make or don't make the playoffs.

If they didn't make the playoffs, it's a higher first round pick that can be used to acquire or draft a young center.

If they make the playoffs, it's going to be an eye opener for some of these younger players.

Either way, I look at it as a win/win for the franchise.

I agree 100% with this.  I also have a sense that with the current management they are not naive to the fact that they are not yet a cup contender so whatever happens I don’t expect they will mortgage the future to “win now” even if they make it and then go on a little run. 

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, Poulin20 said:

I agree 100% with this.  I also have a sense that with the current management they are not naive to the fact that they are not yet a cup contender so whatever happens I don’t expect they will mortgage the future to “win now” even if they make it and then go on a little run. 

In time i sure hope Bonk and Barkey can help the abysmal Flyer power play it is down tight terrible.

GJhwgn3WkAALcN1.jpg.64e046083c5522cbbab71d8299bafc0a.jpg

Sure can make it worse...

:beer:

6 hours ago, CoachX said:

I’m confused…..

🤷‍♂️

Sandstrom has my vote for MVP.