Game 78: Philadelphia Flyers at Columbus Blue Jackets; 4/6/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

2 hours ago, Samifan said:

Torts finally decides to scratch the AARP D-men and put Attard and Ginning in tonight! 

Sami, be careful, some here are AARP members. 

• Haha 1

Severson, Gudbranson, and Blankenburg. We are being savaged by low-scoring D-men at the beginning or end of their careers.

Boosh noted we are 5 for 98 on high danger chances. Yikes.

Our goalies....depressing.

12 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

whaddya mean they're fighting for their PO lives can'tcha tell? Neither can I. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.... They sure put a few dents in the glass behind the net though I'll give them that.

oh wow Lyksell finally gets his 1st NHL goal hoo...ray.

edit: OMG I was just about to post "watch them give it right back..."  Unreal...

Wow.

Just walked in the door checking the score before I jump in the shower and I'm like damn...

...welp finishing up Resident Alien season 3 tonight.

Good night gents.

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
Forgot my Flyer mask

12 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Our goalies....depressing.

the whole team ... they haven't been the same since Hart left. Earlier in the year when they went down 2-0 even 3-0 I always felt sure they'd claw back and get to OT at least. Past couple months it's a whole different feel... they're back to the Fragile Flyers I guess.

edit: Lycksell finally gets to celebrate his first NHL goal - it puts the Flyers right back in the game - you know the next shift they'll be all over the forecheck pressing for another goal and instead the Blue Jackets score. Talk about a backbreaker...

Edited by GratefulFlyers

1 minute ago, GratefulFlyers said:

they haven't been the same since Hart left.

I can neither confirm or deny this.

Haven't seen them enough.

Night bro.

They've fallen completely off the tracks. They're gassed and out of steam. As for the goalies, Kim Dillabaugh is such a ****** goaltending coach that I'd kill to have Jeff Reese back to work with the guys. And I'm not worried about Ersson turning into Sandstrom. Ersson is burnt out. Fedotov is getting acclimated to his new surroundings. There's major changes coming again this off-season. 

We will be looking back at this weekend as a nadir of recent Flyers history.  Morganti just called it a "nightmare." 

I am happy for Ollie. He works hard. On the other hand, what is Cam Atkinson doing in the lineup?

5 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

And I'm not worried about Ersson turning into Sandstrom. Ersson is burnt out.

I was hoping maybe the 4 days rest were enough for him to recharge but obviously not. I still see plenty to like about his game. If he figures out how to get over the ~30-game wall he could be a helluva good #1 imho.

5 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Filling Tortorella's veteran quota. After scratching Johnson and Staal, he couldn't scratch his beloved Cam.

I guess they have written off Guianov. At least the guy can skate.

1 minute ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I was hoping maybe the 4 days rest were enough for him to recharge but obviously not. I still see plenty to like about his game. If he figures out how to get over the ~30-game wall he could be a helluva good #1 imho.

Absolutely. I'm looking back on the drain and I'm wondering if maybe they should have acquired a veteran over the summer and let Ersson play a full schedule in Lehigh Valley. He's never played more than 40 games in his career and between last year and this year, he's played in 100+ games. I also think with this year, he wasn't expecting to play more than 35 games. It's too bad that things have come off the rails like they have, but at the same time, I'm glad they did. The management of this team simply can't provide band aid solutions anymore. They really need to tear it down and build it back better. 

• Like 1

That game put the brutal in brutal……Errson was not on his game tonight but wow. How did they make that call on TK for hooking?!? What did he do….offer to blow him ? It was like the refs are challenging Torts to say something……..

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Nothing like a record setting night!!!

:BrownBag:

And these weren't blasts. Most were seeing eye. Werenski's 2nd was a defensive lapse. Bad!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm wondering if maybe they should have acquired a veteran over the summer and let Ersson play a full schedule in Lehigh Valley.

Yeah I mean with hindsight it's an easy call but it did seem like a workable tandem going into the season don't you think? Hart #1 and Ersson #2.

When Ersson found his form suddenly they were 1/1A and maybe that was a mistake. I don't remember how they split the games but I'm sure Ersson's workload went up. Hart was playing just okay so I think they turned to Ersson without much care. Then Hart leaves and apparently Dilly/Torts are okay throwing Ersson into the fire. They gave Petersen a game (or 2) and Sandstrom 2 or 3 ... and that was it for the backups till Fedotov.

37 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

He's never played more than 40 games in his career and between last year and this year, he's played in 100+ games.

Jeez! So nobody should be shocked to see Ersson, in his 46th start of the season get outplayed by Columbus' backup. This is starting to feel like Bobrovsky all over again...Ersson has no waiver eligibility to screw up but they're overworking another excellent rookie goaltender. When Briere signs a veteran goalie this summer ... as long as he's not a Cosmonaut.

haha that's a good one OC!

weren't the Flyers' odds of making the POs something like 75% at one point - and not too long ago (it seems)? Now it's gotta be way down I'd be surprised if they're even at 20% after this shitshow tonight.

• Like 2