☣ 2023-24 Round 2, East Semi Finals: (A2) Boston Bruins at (A1) Florida Panthers (FLA WINS 4-2) ㊗

Bruins at Panthers  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Lots at stake. Which team moves forward with their championship destiny?

• Bruins in 4.... Raw momentum carried over from beating Toronto propel Boston way over the Panthers
    • Bruins in 5.... Any good fortunes the Panthers got away with against TB, doesn't happen here. And they fall hard.
    • Bruins in 6.... Hard fought series that sees the Bruins continue on what they started to try to do last year.
    • Bruins in 7.... Boston always makes things interesting, and this series is no different. Takes them the full 7, but get rid of the Cats nonetheless
    • Panthers in 4... Boston depleted after the emotional highs of the Toronto series? This FLA sweep says perhaps...
    • Panthers in 5... Bruins try, but Florida simply is looking more n more like a team of destiny this year.
    • Panthers in 6... Very good set with lots of twists n turns....but the biggest twist is the Bruins falling to the better team this year.
    • Panthers in 7.... 'Cinderellas' no more. Even the toughest pundit can't deny the moxie shown by the Cats, as Game 7 isn't as kind to the Bruins this time.

I'm surprised by the "not closeness" of these scores.

I thought Boston played an okay road game in game 1 and they really capitalized on their opportunities.

Florida was pretty dominant in last night's game. There were stretches where the Bruins carried play but for the most part they were defending.

The end of the game was fun as hell. A thing I like about these Bruins is they are old school when it comes to getting blown out. They'll fight you- think you're going to feel good about that win? think again. I think that mentality comes from their little ball of hate captain who has been a monster so far in these playoffs. 

I was expecting close games, but if they're all like game 2 that will be fun to watch too.

8 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

A thing I like about these Bruins is they are old school when it comes to getting blown out. They'll fight you- think you're going to feel good about that win? think again. I think that mentality comes from their little ball of hate captain who has been a monster so far in these playoffs. 

That's coming from the perspective that this is Game 2.

They got "blown out" but it's only one game and they're going back to Boston.

I don't like this sort of #### in one offs during the regular season, but in the playoffs it's part of a seven game series. Points can be made. Numbers can be taken...

:hocky:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Rick said:

Concerns about Florida are gone!  Poof!!!

Boston is going to really push back in Game 3. We shall see. I'm not convinced that ALL of the concerns about the Panthers, are gone...though the fact that they chased the Conn Smythe favorite (according to Jack Edwards) from the net, is a good sign that they might have just been rusty in Game 1. I'm still saying Florida in 6.

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2024 at 8:38 AM, FD19372 said:

Boston is going to really push back in Game 3. We shall see. I'm not convinced that ALL of the concerns about the Panthers, are gone...though the fact that they chased the Conn Smythe favorite (according to Jack Edwards) from the net, is a good sign that they might have just been rusty in Game 1. I'm still saying Florida in 6.

Push back? When? I don't know how the Bruins even got into the playoffs at all. They really kind of suck. Once in a while they play well. Most of the time they are on vacation.

Florida in 6? The way the Bruins are playing, Florida in 5. Game one was a fluke.

Edited by RBGordie

2 minutes ago, RBGordie said:

Push back? When? I don't know how the Bruins even got into the playoffs at all. They really kind of suck. Once in a while they play well. Most of the time they are on vacation.

Florida in 6? The way the Bruins are playing, Florida in 5. Game one was a fluke.

I just figured that in one game the Bruins top line would catch fire, and Swayman would also steal another one. 

11 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I just figured that in one game the Bruins top line would catch fire, and Swayman would also steal another one. 

They don't even have a "top line" really. They seem to have given up before the game started. 

I guess the Bruins need to fire Montgomery and go on a "rebuilding" period. They need a coach who can inspire slackers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

43 minutes into this one and the Bruins have 8 shots on net. 8. Oh and down 3-0

4-0

My hockey season is over. 

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to ☣ 2023-24 Round 2, East Semi Finals: (A2) Boston Bruins at (A1) Florida Panthers (FLA Leads 2-1) ㊗
On 5/10/2024 at 11:15 PM, RBGordie said:

Goodbye Montgomery. Get out the want ads. 

I don't know if you're doing a bit. 

But I'm entertained.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 11:38 AM, FD19372 said:

That's exactly what it was....

Bruins were still pumped from Game # 7, and the Panthers came out flaf from the rest...

Game 2 AND 3 were Panther beatdowns.

I don't want to be negative, but .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brewin Flames said:

Just announced...

No # 63 for Boston tonight....

Cheap shots to the Melon will have that effect.

But, no one feels sorry for the Rat.

Bennett is a piece of crap who makes Marchand look like a Lady Byng Trophy contender. So why hasn't Maroon or another Bruin taken Bennett's head off? I miss the days of actual enforcers. 

6 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't know if you're doing a bit. 

But I'm entertained.

A "bit"? Why you think he won't get fired? He should.

On 5/10/2024 at 11:15 PM, RBGordie said:

Goodbye Montgomery. Get out the want ads. 

On 5/10/2024 at 9:21 PM, RBGordie said:

4-0

My hockey season is over. 

On 5/7/2024 at 9:08 AM, RBGordie said:

Swayman way better than Bobrovsky in game one. Maybe Bob's time is over. Last night could kill his confidence

On 5/6/2024 at 7:09 PM, RBGordie said:

I disagree that Florida is better. The Bruins have more talent.

Where they excel over the Bruins is pure URGENCY. If the Bruins play with the same URGENCY of the Panthers, they will win.

The Bruins Achilles heel is lack of URGENCY. It's almost as if they feel entitled to win without much effort. If they get over that, look out Bob!

On 5/6/2024 at 7:05 PM, RBGordie said:

Yes, please let you be wrong! F the Panthers. They need to go DOWN! Bruins in 6.

Pasta is back. Marchy will kick butt. Bob will get a groin pull!

On 5/6/2024 at 7:03 PM, RBGordie said:

F these predictors! 

https://www.nhl.com/news/2024-nhl-playoffs-second-round-predictions

Every single one of them choose the frickin' Panthers over the Bruins. I hate them all, LOL!

Yes a bit.

These posts are so diametrically opposed are you sure you're not actually a Flyers fan?

I mean...

they're Gods!

then

Fire all the things.

It's fun to read and welcome to the boards

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Yes a bit.

These posts are so diametrically opposed are you sure you're not actually a Flyers fan?

I mean...

they're Gods!

then

Fire all the things.

It's fun to read and welcome to the boards

I actually don't know what you are trying to say.

Anyway, Montgomery cannot inspire the Bruins to play with urgency. We need a coach who can.

• Like 1

Saw some replays of the hit on Marchand from Bennett. What a f***ing s**t head. 

I don't care what the consequences are, more than winning I would like to see Maroon, right off the bat, hit Bennett in the head as hard as he can and pummel him to the ice bloody. 

Damn the consequences.

Looks to me like Marchand takes a run at Bennett after he passes the puck and gets the worst of it.

He "didn't like the hit"? He was the one making the contact happen.

😭

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, radoran said:

Looks to me like Marchand takes a run at Bennett after he passes the puck and gets the worst of it.

He "didn't like the hit"? He was the one making the contact happen.

😭

He was heading toward Bennett, sure. But Bennett VERY PURPOSELY hit Marchand in the head with the butt of his stick in his gloved hand. It was a DIRTY hit. Bennett should be out for games.

Edited by RBGordie