What injured players are available for the next round Bill?

Guest The Quigster

According to Philly.com mezz was playing if there was a gm7

But since there is no game 7 no need to rush him. Wait to see how the first 2 games go, Flyers need to win just one to win home ice back, if not then i'd be looking into Mezz's soonest availability...to win both games away like verse Pens would be even less pressure...wait and see approach.

But since there is no game 7 no need to rush him. Wait to see how the first 2 games go, Flyers need to win just one to win home ice back, if not then i'd be looking into Mezz's soonest availability...to win both games away like verse Pens would be even less pressure...wait and see approach.

I disagree. If he's ready to face game action, he needs to get in. There's no substitute for gameplay to get him up to speed. If you hold him out of games 1 and 2, and the Flyers find themselves down 0-2, bringing him in only to be gassed after 12-15 minutes of play does you more harm than good. But if you bring him in as soon as he's ready and start him out on Kubina's 6-8 minutes per game, the risk is low, but he'll be in game shape earlier in the series.

• Like 2

I disagree. If he's ready to face game action, he needs to get in. There's no substitute for gameplay to get him up to speed. If you hold him out of games 1 and 2, and the Flyers find themselves down 0-2, bringing him in only to be gassed after 12-15 minutes of play does you more harm than good. But if you bring him in as soon as he's ready and start him out on Kubina's 6-8 minutes per game, the risk is low, but he'll be in game shape earlier in the series.

I like your thinking here, but it is a back injury. Those should be handled carefully in my opinion. A few extra days in the gym rebuilding muscle in the target area could do him just as well.

I like your thinking here, but it is a back injury. Those should be handled carefully in my opinion. A few extra days in the gym rebuilding muscle in the target area could do him just as well.

It was surgery to remove a bone fragment that was prolly touching a nerve or whatever, causing discomfort. Surgery was Mar. 21, so that's 5 weeks. They said 6-8, so I could see him ready by the weekend.