If Kings win the cup....

Guest ctid

I, like every one else I presume, like what Homer got in return for Richards and especially Carter. No matter what happens now or in the future, Flyers will always be winners of the carter deal. Voracek AND Couturier and Cousins, the carter deal was a rip off and Flyers will always win that deal.

However, if the kings win the Cup we will have lost the Richards deal big time!

I like Richards and all, but I can't stomach seeing Richards and Carter lift the cup...These two were supposed to be THE players in Philly for a long long time. Management traded them because they felt like they couldn't get the job done, and if the Kings win the cup, homer would have been wrong (especially about Richards).

I'm glad we have Schenn and Simmonds. But, wow, I'm telling you right now, if they win the cup, all of Flyers management will feel sick!

"rotten core", etc, and then go on to win it all the very next season on a new team......yikes. I HOPE NOT!

No doubt Quick, Brown and Doughty are the key players during their Playoff run. But Richards has a big hand in it aswell. And as far as the kings go, if they win the cup, i'm sure they will feel they won the Richards trade, eventhough the regular season shows otherwise.

The guy I feel bad for is Jack Johnson. How pissed is he right now?!!

I don't think he will be that pissed...why get angry at something you had no control over. All players understand its a business and has happened to the best of em. He's going to be a real good player moving forward and make that team better.

Scored the OT goal against Canada the other night in the World's!

No doubt Quick, Brown and Doughty are the key players during their Playoff run. But Richards has a big hand in it aswell. And as far as the kings go, if they win the cup, i'm sure they will feel they won the Richards trade, eventhough the regular season shows otherwise.

Without Richards, the Kings are not in the Conference Finals.

His playoff experience & leadership have made a huge difference in LA. He took a very talented team that could never get out of the first round & convinced them that they could win.

It's no accident that he is always on the ice in crunch time for them to close out games.

• Like 1

It's pretty hard to say Homer was wrong when we're referring to 1/10 of the Kings roster. The best trades are when both teams get better. It is conceivable that the Jackets could have wrecked Coots (IF they drafted him) and that Voracek could have devolved if he had stayed in Columbus.

Stuff happens and time marches on. I don't think Flyers management has anything to fear about those trades.

The Flyers sure could use Richie this series though. Maybe. See? It's hard to know.

Edited by Clarke2Leach

His playoff experience & leadership have made a huge difference in LA. He took a very talented team that could never get out of the first round & convinced them that they could win.

It's no accident that he is always on the ice in crunch time for them to close out games.

So very true... faceoffs, passing, hitting and even a fight in this series got the rest of the Kings all fired up... I know Brown is the captain, but Richards makes for a pretty dam good one himself. he probably likes just being "just another player" on the team.

• Like 1

I don't think he will be that pissed...why get angry at something you had no control over. All players understand its a business and has happened to the best of em. He's going to be a real good player moving forward and make that team better.

Scored the OT goal against Canada the other night in the World's!

I cant imagine that he is happy about being traded to a team that will probably never win a Stanley Cup. At least he is playing in the Worlds to keep his mind off of it.

So very true... faceoffs, passing, hitting and even a fight in this series got the rest of the Kings all fired up... I know Brown is the captain, but Richards makes for a pretty dam good one himself. he probably likes just being "just another player" on the team.

I think that statement says it all. He was never comfortable talking or dealing with the Philly media when he was the captain. Now that he's out in LA, the media is probably not as bad as it was in Philly and he can just go out and play his game. It doesn't hurt playing on a team that has a very good goalie either. I was hoping when they traded Richards to LA that Quick was coming back to Philly.

@AndyS

Politely disagree..they are in the conference finals because of their team D and, more importantly, their goaltending. Quick has a .949 save percentage and a 1.55 GAA..if the Flyers had those goalie numbers, they would be in the ECF, at a minimum.

• Like 3

I don't have a problem with Richards raising the cup, provided it is not against the Flyers but the thought of Carter doing it turns my stomach....I was pissed when he was able to get out of Columbus but it did make Columbus a better team.....

• Like 2

Wow I totally disagree with that. Mike Richards is a great player and is having a nice postseason but I think you are selling Dustin Brown's leadership and Quick's play in net very short. I would even put Drew Doughty's play and physicality ahead of what Richards is doing right now. Lets be honest the Flyers made their run to the Stanley Cup Finals mostly because of Danny Briere, Ville Leino, Scott Hartnell, and Michael Leighton. Richards was further down that list. He made his great play on "the shift" but in actuality that was his biggest contribution. I think we and a lot of people really overrated Richards for a long time here.

Wow I totally disagree with that. Mike Richards is a great player and is having a nice postseason but I think you are selling Dustin Brown's leadership and Quick's play in net very short. I would even put Drew Doughty's play and physicality ahead of what Richards is doing right now. Lets be honest the Flyers made their run to the Stanley Cup Finals mostly because of Danny Briere, Ville Leino, Scott Hartnell, and Michael Leighton. Richards was further down that list. He made his great play on "the shift" but in actuality that was his biggest contribution. I think we and a lot of people really overrated Richards for a long time here.

Have you been watching the Kings games, or just looking at the score sheet?

And go back & re-read what I said - the Kings have had a very talented team for a few years now, but could never get out of the first round.

Until this season. Until Richards showed up.

And don't forget - Dustin Brown was trade bait at the deadline this year. He's been terrific this postseason, but he wasn't exactly leading the way all season.

Watch the ends of these playoff games Richards is ALWAYS on the ice at the end of these tight games. Why? Defense, experience, grit, leadership.

Have you been watching the Kings games, or just looking at the score sheet?

And go back & re-read what I said - the Kings have had a very talented team for a few years now, but could never get out of the first round.

Until this season. Until Richards showed up.

And don't forget - Dustin Brown was trade bait at the deadline this year. He's been terrific this postseason, but he wasn't exactly leading the way all season.

Watch the ends of these playoff games Richards is ALWAYS on the ice at the end of these tight games. Why? Defense, experience, grit, leadership.

I haven't watched all of their games but yes I have watched a few of their games. I just disagree with your assessment. No reason for you to attack my knowledge of the game and question whether I just read stat sheets. I like Mike Richards. He's a good player and yes he is one of the pieces contributing to the Kings this postseason. In my opinion there are at least 2 players that are having more of an impact on the Kings moving to the Conference Finals.

And don't forget - Mike Richards was actually traded this offseason. Again a great player but he wasn't exactly the best of leaders while in Philly either.

I haven't watched all of their games but yes I have watched a few of their games. I just disagree with your assessment. No reason for you to attack my knowledge of the game and question whether I just read stat sheets. I like Mike Richards. He's a good player and yes he is one of the pieces contributing to the Kings this postseason. In my opinion there are at least 2 players that are having more of an impact on the Kings moving to the Conference Finals.

And don't forget - Mike Richards was actually traded this offseason. Again a great player but he wasn't exactly the best of leaders while in Philly either.

I'm not attacking your knowledge of hockey at all, just saying that I watch a LOT of Kings games out here and have been watching their playoff games with great interest. Richards has had a huge impact on this hockey club.

This same very talented team absolutely imploded in the playoffs the last couple years before he got here. They did not believe that they could win. Richards is largely responsible for changing that mindset.

Don't take this analogy too far, but it is a little bit like when Pete Rose came to the Phillies back in the day. (No, I'm not saying that Richards is Pete Rose.) His presence alone gave that team confidence that they could win. Rose said that the first thing he tried to do was make Schmidt finally understand/believe how good a ballplayer he (Schmidt) really was.

Again, watch the next round & see how Sutter uses #10 - he puts him on the ice in crunch time - he leans on him big time. Watch who is directing traffic before the face-offs in the defensive end - it's not Dustin Brown; it's Richards. (And that's no insult to Brown either - great kid, looks like he was born to be a Flyer.)

Not trying to insult you at all. I just strongly disagree.

We can agree that Carter sucks, right? ;)