Nash Trade Discussions Heating Up- Flyers Among Serious

Guest Bakanekimiwa

@Phillygrump Exactly Grumpster, just because we have made previously stupid long term deals, should not preclude us from acquiring a cornerstone piece. The market demands guys like Weber get big time money for a long term for a reason.....they can alter the course of your season. Wow would it be fun to watch this guy bashing heads in the O&B. We deserve this type of mayhem...LOL! The other thing...I believe Welly and Harry Z can step up big time. Wellwood would have scored 16 goals last year if you project his numbers over an 82 game season. All things you have to factor in.

@doom88 Welly has better hands than what we have seen thus far. He's really good at roofing it from in close. Think it's just a matter of getting more comfortable. He's gonna get a boatload of break aways this year. Not saying he will be a scoring star, but he will chip in with adequate offense....it will come.

Weber and Nash are both going to sold to the highest bidder, and by that I mean to the team overpays the most by offering the stupidest package. With 8 teams in a bidding war for Nash, and I would have to imagine just as many IF Weber is truly being shopped, the winning bid will be too much. How many times are we going to rip the team up and start over? In fact, didn't we just do it last summer????

@idahophilly I understand what you're saying Idaho...really, I do. Here is my problem....I don't think the Flyers defense is good enough to win the cup as it stands right now. With Bryz in the picture, we need our d to be outstanding, not just above average (which it was not in the playoffs). We badly need a replacement for Pronger. Weber is the next best thing. This makes sense from my perspective. A lot to give up, cap hit extroidinarie...but it gives us a nice 5-6 year realistic window to get the job done.

@doom88 Welly has better hands than what we have seen thus far. He's really good at roofing it from in close. Think it's just a matter of getting more comfortable. He's gonna get a boatload of break aways this year. Not saying he will be a scoring star, but he will chip in with adequate offense....it will come.

Glad to hear it, because I loved all the breakaway chances he generated, until seemingly none went in.

@Phillygrump Exactly Grumpster, just because we have made previously stupid long term deals, should not preclude us from acquiring a cornerstone piece. The market demands guys like Weber get big time money for a long term for a reason.....they can alter the course of your season. Wow would it be fun to watch this guy bashing heads in the O&B. We deserve this type of mayhem...LOL! The other thing...I believe Welly and Harry Z can step up big time. Wellwood would have scored 16 goals last year if you project his numbers over an 82 game season. All things you have to factor in.

I agree and I think its definitely a sacrifice to make to give up guys like Voracek and JVR, but those guys could turn out to be dime a dozen guys (no disrespect to Jake, I really like his play) and Weber is not. Voraceks and JVRs seem to come and go in this league, but Webers are more rare and also not a position that Philadelphia seems to develop well from within. I'd rather see the Flyers pick up Weber.

The problem I see with acquisition of Suter or Webber neither one has won a cup or come close. LA did it without them,so its apparently doable with a bunch of old Flyers. Why not a couple more Grossmanns? The Flyer's problem isn't scoring goals,its being scored against.

@

Giroux never won a cup either, should we get rid of him? There's a first time for everything. Just because Weber hasn't won a cup yet doesn't mean he can't. He's still young. If you narrow your addition targets down to only cup winners you will be missing out on a lot of good players. LA has Doughty by the way. He's not a run of the mill defensive talent either.

No trade! Nash reminds me of Ryan Smyth nice player but won't bring cup! If we trade two young fowards then who will pick up scoring? I just think other D-men might be had Klein from NASH,Vlasic from SJ or Giordano from Cal. Look there before overpaying. Carkner like him too need muscle and someone who can play and fight. Hows that Vanflyer

Legible and thanks for the effort. Your first message was kind of a garbled rant with about 10 different points spewed forth.

If English your primary language?