Starting 4 lines for the start of season....depth overall.

(shot:l or r)

Hartnell(l)-Giroux®-Read®

Vora(l)-Coots(l)-Briere®

Talbot(l)-Schenn(l)-Simmer®

Rusty(l)-Welly(l)-Rinaldo(l)

Shelley(l) waived?

------------------------------

Harry Z(l) Sestito(l)? AHL?

Coby(l) Grossman(l)

Timmo(l) Schenn®

Mezz(l) Gervais®

Lilja(l)? waived

------------------

Bourdon(l) Gus(l)? AHL?

Bryz

Leighton :ph34r:

:D

It's almost a must to waive Lilja and Shelley to play forever more in the AHL....sorry guys.

Anyways boring day what lines do you have?

That seems about right...

Never play hockey before i won't lie, but just like when i play NHL on the PS3 or something this is how i set up my line regardless on what wing title the players are called ie. RW or LW i like to receive my passes so i can shoot if need be from the outside...

...therefore i prefer my LW to be a left shot and my RW a right shot.

Don't have success with guys on their offwing always have trouble controlling the pass on the back hand.

(shot:l or r)

Hartnell(l)-Giroux®-Read®

Vora(l)-Coots(l)-Briere®

Talbot(l)-Schenn(l)-Simmer®

Rusty(l)-Welly(l)-Rinaldo(l)

Shelley(l) waived?

------------------------------

Harry Z(l) Sestito(l)? AHL?

Coby(l) Grossman(l)

Timmo(l) Schenn®

Mezz(l) Gervais®

Lilja(l)? waived

------------------

Bourdon(l) Gus(l)? AHL?

Bryz

Leighton :ph34r:

:D

It's almost a must to waive Lilja and Shelley to play forever more in the AHL....sorry guys.

Anyways boring day what lines do you have?

I know this is strange, but I think that Simmonds instead of Read on the 1st line would reap better benefits. Hartnell for all his skill at agitating is not a deterrent for cheap shots. Simmonds has skills on top of his fists. I really don't want Roo to have to be watching over his shoulder constantly.

Waiving Lilja accomplishes nothing. His cap hit is on the books regardless. He will ride the season in the press box and be available if the wheels come off and we need a square to put on an axel.

That said, WAIVE SHELLEY NOWTM

Read will not be on the top line. They need someone with more creativity, like Jagr had. Voracek should fit that bill.

Couturier will also not center the second line. Couturier-Briere-Schenn might be a nice speedy group and Rusty-Talbot-Simmonds is one hell of a "third" line.

I don't think Gervais beats ot MAB or Gus for the sixth spot. I think the Flyers want to develop someone in that role. Gervais may stay on as 7/8 defenseman eating popcorn with Lilja.

Waiving Lilja accomplishes nothing. His cap hit is on the books regardless. He will ride the season in the press box and be available if the wheels come off and we need a square to put on an axel.

That said, WAIVE SHELLEY NOWTM

Read will not be on the top line. They need someone with more creativity, like Jagr had. Voracek should fit that bill.

Couturier will also not center the second line. Couturier-Briere-Schenn might be a nice speedy group and Rusty-Talbot-Simmonds is one hell of a "third" line.

I don't think Gervais beats ot MAB or Gus for the sixth spot. I think the Flyers want to develop someone in that role. Gervais may stay on as 7/8 defenseman eating popcorn with Lilja.

What how is this possible i thought if you waive him other teams have a chance to claim him.

Then if no one claims him he can be sent down to the minors therefore removing the cap hit????

Why is this not the case you say? Please explain.

What how is this possible i thought if you waive him other teams have a chance to claim him.

Then if no one claims him he can be sent down to the minors therefore removing the cap hit????

Why is this not the case you say? Please explain.

Lilja is a 35+ contract.

*If* they waive him and send him to the AHL, other teams have a chance to claim him. If none do (at full cap hit) his cap hit remains on the Flyers books. If they send him to the AHL (they won't, because there is no point) and then recall him, someone could pick him up at half cap hit (with the Flyers keeping the other half on their cap).

It was an attempt at a "depth" signing by Homer that is now just wasted cap space.

Homer could try to deal him for "future considerations" or a skate sharpener...

Lilja is a 35+ contract.

*If* they waive him and send him to the AHL, other teams have a chance to claim him. If none do (at full cap hit) his cap hit remains on the Flyers books. If they send him to the AHL (they won't, because there is no point) and then recall him, someone could pick him up at half cap hit (with the Flyers keeping the other half on their cap).

It was an attempt at a "depth" signing by Homer that is now just wasted cap space.

Homer could try to deal him for "future considerations" or a skate sharpener...

Yeah makes sense now...there goes that idea.

As many as good deals Homer seems to make, it does seem year in and out with him they seemed stuck some how some way with a bad contract or two every year under his watch.

Well maybe they could just trade him for a 7th rounder or something.

Yeah makes sense now...there goes that idea.

As many as good deals Homer seems to make, it does seem year in and out with him they seemed stuck some how some way with a bad contract or two every year under his watch.

Well maybe they could just trade him for a 7th rounder or something.

Rightnow is not a huge worry for the Flyers cap-wise. They are actually in pretty good shape - oddly enough.

That said, I don't really understand the Gervais signing...

Rightnow is not a huge worry for the Flyers cap-wise. They are actually in pretty good shape - oddly enough.

That said, I don't really understand the Gervais signing...

Yeah i believe they have a offer on the table and Gervais is a replacement so to speak although not a great one.

Like this one: Ryan for Voracek, and Bouron and/or Gus and a 1st. To me the domino they are all waiting on dropping is Doan signing.

Now with that said i am not saying that is right or wrong or not overpayment...

...but i believe the Flyers want Ryan bad and maybe realize this is an opportunity that won't come again, since he's put it out there that he is not happy and swinging leverage in their favor slightly with the Ducks having a disgruntled player so to speak .

Just saying i feel something is up and Doan's decision will get the ball rolling with the team(s) that missed out.

Edited by OccamsRazor

I still thing we need one more scoring winger to really do any damage (even if Weber is a Flyer).

I am not comfortable with Read playing on the right side of Giroux all season. If I had to make a move I would bump Danny up to play right wing with Giroux. Briere would easily score 40 on a line with Giroux and it would allow Couterier to move off the 4th line and up to a third line where his scoring potential and ice time would increase.

Finally I DO NOT want Rinaldo as my physical threat. I like his attitude but he is simply not going to be of any use in games against Pittsburgh if things get nasty. Plus he was a liability almost every time he was on the ice as he was obviously targeted by the referees.

IF we sign Weber, and the fact we have Giroux who plays with an edge, it is even more important to have a true heavyweight in the lineup. I would rather Shelley play in nasty games over Rinaldo. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Derek Mathers see some action this season.