Weber Poll !

82 members have voted

1. 1. Will Weber be a Flyer?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter, Homer is on Crack!
  2. 2. Who, if any one, will the Flyers lose?

• Voracek
    • Schenn, one or both...
    • Read
    • Couts
    • Clark
    • package of picks/AHL'ers
  3. 3. What the "heck" is Homer doing?

• An attempt to freak out the NHLPA?
    • An attempt to actually get Weber?
    • An attempt to keep Weber away from rivals
    • or... he has gone mental/ w the Doan offer as reported.
    • Holmgren is as smart as a fox...

Homer hs become the master of smoke and mirrors. I say it is an homest attempt to both acquire Weber and to keep him away from other rivals. It NSH matches the offer (which I'm having a hard time to think they will) then there will be a trade involved to bring Weber here. If that is the case, I say Voracek / L. Schenn and a couple of prospects goes the land of the grand ol oprey / home of elvis. All in all I think it was a brilliant move by Homer. Weber will only be in one of 2 places...NSH or Flyerland. I think Homer called Poile bluff and it is put up or shut up time for Mr. Poile. And since Weber has stated (I read that somewhere) that he was no longer interested in playing for the Preds, why torcher him and make him play there for a 1 yr contract.

In my honest gut feeling..I say he will be a Flyer by next Friday......

Why so many plots? Geez..... Why can't this be as simple as the team just wanting to improve the roster? Anybody who watched the last season knows the Flyers' defense had some significant holes, and Luke Schenn hardly closes those holes.

• Like 1

Homer hs become the master of smoke and mirrors. I say it is an homest attempt to both acquire Weber and to keep him away from other rivals. It NSH matches the offer (which I'm having a hard time to think they will) then there will be a trade involved to bring Weber here. If that is the case, I say Voracek / L. Schenn and a couple of prospects goes the land of the grand ol oprey / home of elvis. All in all I think it was a brilliant move by Homer. Weber will only be in one of 2 places...NSH or Flyerland. I think Homer called Poile bluff and it is put up or shut up time for Mr. Poile. And since Weber has stated (I read that somewhere) that he was no longer interested in playing for the Preds, why torcher him and make him play there for a 1 yr contract.

In my honest gut feeling..I say he will be a Flyer by next Friday......

if nashville matches... they CANT trade him for a year. what they'd need to do is decline and they could then swing a deal with homer. but, at that point.. we own all the cards. that's why i think, if anything.. it's picks and prospects.

And the hell with a salary cap!!!!!!!!! ;)

That's why having the young guns is such a great thing - they're not making big money yet.

A lot of this money was saved in just not re-signing Carle & Jagr.

Can you even imagine Doan & Weber on this team? Yowzers!

if nashville matches... they CANT trade him for a year. what they'd need to do is decline and they could then swing a deal with homer. but, at that point.. we own all the cards. that's why i think, if anything.. it's picks and prospects.

That is what I meant to say..I just did not type it out right...sorry for the confusion.....

That's why having the young guns is such a great thing - they're not making big money yet.

A lot of this money was saved in just not re-signing Carle & Jagr.

Can you even imagine Doan & Weber on this team? Yowzers!

If Homer lands both Doan and Weber ..I think that trumps the Wilds siging of Suter and Parise......

If Homer lands both Doan and Weber ..I think that trumps the Wilds siging of Suter and Parise......

I just can't see adding both without trading some salaries away. That's too much money coming one way.

To all,

I do not understand why Nashville should decline and then swing a trade. They either match or take the picks. I see no reason to placate them since a trade/trades had already been offered. The only reason I can understand moving some players would be to move salery and save some picks. however, who is holding the better hand? I can't see them moving either of the Schenns since I think they will both be stars. There are any number of players at the "A" level who could/should be moved who do not seem to be progressing in their development, and /or will never see much TOI at the pro level.

The Wild are still going to suck.

They'll sell a lot more tickets, but they'll suck.

Seriously? The Wild will be a contender in the West.

The Wild have been selling out for years, last year was probably their worst at 98.4%. Their ticket prices will be higher, but there is not a whole lot more to sell.

I´m feeling Voracek, both Schenns and a 1st round pick might do the trick. Would you do it? Well, we keep Couts, Read...but we trade away lots of our future. I think it´s not a chance in hell Nashville let him walk for just 4 ist rounders. They have to get a return consisting of young, talented NHL-players. The Flyers will be forced to give up a few of them. It will hurt, but you have to give up something good to get something even better. This is it, Weber is the all-star defenseman we have ben craving for since we all knew Pronger was basically done.

Edited by OSR29