Time to Vote..Does NSH Match ?

Guest pilldoc

Does NSH match?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Does NSH match the Weber offer as presented by the Flyers

• Yes. Poile and the NSH organization have no choice.
    • No. Homer checkmates Poile and the Flyers get Weber and NSH gets 4 picks
    • No. Homer and the Flyers get Weber, However...Homer allows Poile to save face and allows NSH to trade back the picks for players TBD

My gut says we get Weber, however, I do believe Homer will throw somebody in when he allows Poile to trade back the picks. I hope and pray than I am wrong and NSH only gets the 4 picks.

I just don't think the Preds have the finacial resources to pony up 26 Million up front. Especially to a player who does not want to be there. Talk about financial suicide. It would wreck their franchise for a long time.

72 hrs and counting.......

I'm actually losing sleep obsessing on this acquisition. Mere days away from acquiring Shea eff'in Weber!!! I'm also smoking about 15 extra smokes a day trying to deal with he anticipation!!! If I die from this, can my family sue Homer?!? LOL!@pilldoc

• Like 1

I'm actually losing sleep obsessing on this acquisition. Mere days away from acquiring Shea eff'in Weber!!! I'm also smoking about 15 extra smokes a day trying to deal with he anticipation!!! If I die from this, can my family sue Homer?!? LOL!@pilldoc

Geez, Jammer, take it easy man. :) I start getting worried about your well-being. Not worth it. Besides, being a long-time Flyer fan, did you not learn to know that the Flyers will always find a way to somehow mess it up, in which case you might as well not place much hope in what they are doing. We've been though Paul Coffee, Recchi, Forsberg, etc., etc. and that still didn't get us much closer to winning the Cup.

Just sit back and enjoy the sport!

And yet, I really can't say. I don't know if I can put down the orange colored glasses on this one.

I know..it is really hard.....this one decision will forever change the face of 1 franchise. If the Preds let Weber go..it decimates their team.

I think Homer WANTS to trade a few players/picks to Nashville.

. . .and then sign Doan.

Gonna be a LOT of jerseys flying off the shelves in Flyersville. :D

Can you imagine bagging both Weber and Doan....like I said in another post ..that trumps the Wilds sigining of Suter / Parise

• Like 1

Can you imagine bagging both Weber and Doan....like I said in another post ..that trumps the Wilds sigining of Suter / Parise

This is exactly what I expect to see happen.

Doan's agents apparently said that they are waiting to make a decision until after the Weber situation is settled. What does that tell you?

It tells me he is going to sign with the team that gives him the best chance to win a Cup.

Yeah, I guess no one really knows, I just don't think I see how matching this offer would be a wise business move for Nashville.

The offer sheet is a double-edged sword of sorts for Weber.

If Nashville matches, he is committed to the team for 14 years. He can "demand a trade" but his value drops with his play as does his desirability How many teams want a $7.8M malcontent?

I mean, aside from the Flyers? Ahem. :ph34r:

Nashville can match and tell Weber that they will continue to try to trade him as soon as they can, which by the terms of the deal he just signed, is after next season. Maybe two if next season doesn't happen. We'll see.

And they can say they will trade him where they can get the best deal. Again, he can whine and jeez and play like crap and be a baby - or a seasoned professional.

I think Nashville matches.

I think the next likely is that, say, Read, Voracek and MAB or Gus go to Nashville for three firsts (possibly one of them Nashville's), Nashville keeping one of the Flyers..

This wait is driving me nuts. I hate to be the negative on here......but the long wait is a bad thing in my opinion. How stupid will Nashville look if it takes them this long to say NO. That is why I am bit nervous. Anyone feel the same way?

The offer sheet is a double-edged sword of sorts for Weber.

If Nashville matches, he is committed to the team for 14 years. He can "demand a trade" but his value drops with his play as does his desirability How many teams want a $7.8M malcontent?

I mean, aside from the Flyers? Ahem. :ph34r:

Nashville can match and tell Weber that they will continue to try to trade him as soon as they can, which by the terms of the deal he just signed, is after next season. Maybe two if next season doesn't happen. We'll see.

And they can say they will trade him where they can get the best deal. Again, he can whine and jeez and play like crap and be a baby - or a seasoned professional.

I think Nashville matches.

I think the next likely is that, say, Read, Voracek and MAB or Gus go to Nashville for three firsts (possibly one of them Nashville's), Nashville keeping one of the Flyers..

If they match they aren't trading him. That signing bonus should ensure that.

• Like 1

If they match they aren't trading him. That signing bonus should ensure that.

They can't trade him for a year. But if Weber plays good soldier and the Preds do moderately well and compete for a playoff spot I could see them seeking value in return for Weber, even with the $27M pill.

I, personally, would fire any GM who felt it necessary to say "Our ownership has provided us with the necessary resources to build a Stanley Cup-winning team." What the h-e-double-hockey-sticks *else* would they be doing? (Even if they weren't, if you have to say it, IMO you're not.)

I don't think Nashville/Poile thought Suter was worth $7.5M. I, quite frankly, don't either. We'll see.

For Nashville management to question whether or not they want to commit $7.8M of their resources to one player is a legitimate business question. Like the Flyers with Crater and Richards, if you can get more back, cheaper you can be younger and better at the end of it. As I believe the Flyers are.

Any owner that is in this "to make money" is insane. You can be fiscally responsible, but owning a professional franchise is a vanity statement and it doesn't help your vanity as a billionaire to have someone question whether you can put up $26M.

This wait is driving me nuts. I hate to be the negative on here......but the long wait is a bad thing in my opinion. How stupid will Nashville look if it takes them this long to say NO. That is why I am bit nervous. Anyone feel the same way?

Yeah the wait is driving me crazy. However, I think if NSH was going to match they would have done so by now. The reason we are waiting is

1. They want to say screw you Homer and delay any plans the Flyers might have

2. They are not going to match and refer to my #1 point above

3. They are going to match but still want to screw with Homer.

I say option #2. Things are gonna get crazy this week.

@radoran

They might not necessarily be in it to make money hand over fist, but they certainly aren't in a hurry to hemorrhage money either and paying a contract with that type of money attached in bonuses might cause you to do that.

Not to hemmorrhage, no - and this is, indeed, quite the pill to swallow. But ownership could, IMO, come up with an internal financing scheme where one owner puts up the large chunk and the others return at limited/no interest over the course of the deal. Again, to a Billionaire with a B $26M isn't "small change" but it's not going to break you (unless you're all just inflated paper).

And there are short term losses, long term investments and long term gain to be addressed.

These are the things that take a week (if not longer) to figure out.

They will not match.

Homer will swing a trade to get back a couple of our #1 picks. (Say good bye to Mez, Jake, Bourdon & possibly Read.)

That trade will help free up some cap space.

And then Homer will sign Doan.

• Like 1

They will not match.

Homer will swing a trade to get back a couple of our #1 picks. (Say good bye to Mez, Jake, Bourdon & possibly Read.)

That trade will help free up some cap space.

And then Homer will sign Doan.

and that just may be the game plan...if that is the case..I wonder how long this plan hs been in effect. I wonder if Weber was the target all along. Offers to Suter / Parise were just a smoke screen. They had to wait to see what those 2 players where going to end up before putting into motion this plan. If that is the case, Homer is one one hell of a poker / chess player.