OT: Rick Nash to Rangers "in progress now"

Guest jkearse123

I thought Amaro Jr. is the worst manager in sport, but Hawson is a super duper one of a kind MORON. This will put more pressure on Flyers to land Nash.

Not taking this to a baseball rant, but you must have only been watching the Phillies for a few years jr. Amaro brought this city it's first professional title in nearly 3 decades. He filled seats and built a franchise to be proud of.

Did he force Utley, Howard and Halladay to get injured?

Next Nash was traded to the Rangers, so I am assuming you mean Weber?

Sorry to put you on blast, but.....

Edited by Bertmega

Pretty close. At least Carter was an All-Star and a 40 goal scorer. The Rangers basically gave up a few spare pieces for Nash.

You are correct in regards to Carter, plus we had no idea that Courts would be as good as he is.

Howson is just flat out short sighted. There is no way they will have any success under his watch.

I'd like to see if we can get Umberger back for Leighton lol

I don't think it's as lopsided as everyone is saying. It's a big win for the Rags but Anesimov and Dubie aren't nothing. Neither one is a "star" but the Rags had a hard-working, blue-collar team last year and Dubinsky, Anesimov were a big part of it. If Nash doesn't click or gets hurt or what-have-you ... well the Rags won the deal, no question. They needed scoring and they got it.

I am sorry Bertmega, but I disagree. Amaro had nothing to do with any of those you mentioned. He was handed a winning team, and with all the bad trade and stupid signing ( signing has been players to long term contract), he has managed to ruin my beloved Phillies to a sorry team they are. Enough of baseball. We just have different opinion on this matter.

WTF?? Just brutal. It's gonna suck to see Nash, Richards, and Gaborik 6 times a year. Incredible line. Beats anything we've got right now.

Coburn, Schenn, Weber, (a healthy) Timonen, Meszaros. Rangers offense nullified. Um...now about Lunqvist, another story. :rolleyes:

Howson needs to just get on a plane and leave town now. After all this time, all he was able to get was a unproven d-man with his third organization in three years a late first rounder and a couple of third line forwards for the face of the franchise. This franchise is a joke, always has been a joke and as long as this clown is running the disorganization always will be a joke.

• Like 2

I am sorry Bertmega, but I disagree. Amaro had nothing to do with any of those you mentioned. He was handed a winning team, and with all the bad trade and stupid signing ( signing has been players to long term contract), he has managed to ruin my beloved Phillies to a sorry team they are. Enough of baseball. We just have different opinion on this matter.

Fair enough regarding Amaro Jr.

I do agree with your assessment of Howson though. Just brutal. Maybe he has a general dislike for the Flyers organization especially after last summers debacle and he refuses to do any legitimate or fair trades with Holmgren.

Sather must of done some smooth talking on the phone or threaten violence. Lol

I'm 100% sure the Rangers front office staff are all getting juiced up and laughing it up LARGE. Dubinsky had 2 goals at the Christmas break for God's sake! Artem has nice intangibles...but to not get one single star..not even a projected star...LMAO @ Howsen.

Put it this way, both Artem and Dubinsky were Free Agents all year long in my keeper fantasy hockey league. They are glorified checkers who throw in the odd points. Columbus traded Nash to upgrade the penalty kill...what a JOKE!!

Amaro hurt the team because he didnt address his bullpen, except for Papelbon. Every game they lose is in 6th to 9th inning. Anyway, back to hockey...

Craig Button on TSN right now RIPPING INTO HOWSEN....says quantity but not quality for Nash. Says Rangers should have held out for Del Zotto or Kreider and a first..at least legit star quality there!! UNREAL...I'm so pissed right now!!

How so? I'd say Homer just got a bit more motivation to make sure Weber is a Flyer.

Yes, but the value for Weber is lower given the value of Nash and Kovalchuk - for example - and the position Nashville is in.

Meltzer had Voracek/Read, Meszaros, MAB and a pick going to Nashville.

I'd say that's now, at best, Voracek OR Meszaros plus a first and *maybe* MAB (if they take Lilja). That's relative to what the Rags just got and IMO more than the Thrashers got for Kovalchuk

Atlanta received defenceman Johnny Oduya, rookie forward Niclas Bergfors and junior prospect Patrice Cormier, and a first round selection in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft in exchange for Kovalchuk and defenceman Anssi Salmela; the teams also traded second round selections in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.[

I don't think it's as lopsided as everyone is saying. It's a big win for the Rags but Anesimov and Dubie aren't nothing. Neither one is a "star" but the Rags had a hard-working, blue-collar team last year and Dubinsky, Anesimov were a big part of it. If Nash doesn't click or gets hurt or what-have-you ... well the Rags won the deal, no question. They needed scoring and they got it.

The Rangers flat out stole Nash. I wouldn't have traded Voracek for what the Rangers gave for Nash. And while Jake is a nice player, and hopefully will get better, he's no Rick Nash.

• Like 3

Yes, but the value for Weber is lower given the value of Nash and Kovalchuk - for example - and the position Nashville is in.

Meltzer had Voracek/Read, Meszaros, MAB and a pick going to Nashville.

I'd say that's now, at best, Voracek OR Meszaros plus a first and *maybe* MAB (if they take Lilja). That's relative to what the Rags just got and IMO more than the Thrashers got for Kovalchuk

Hard to say. Value is influenced by need and the Flyers need for Weber just went up. Also, I don't know that the rest of the NHL is going to have the market value for a great player set by an incompetent clutz of a GM like Howson. I would love to think it, but it's hard to believe.

• Like 1

Not lopsided????? It is as lopsided as it gets. The Jackets get robbed plain and simple. The oinlything I can htink of is they needed a 1st round pick badly, and maybe other teams were not giving it to them in *addition* to players.

The line of Brad Richards, Nash and Callahan (at least this is what I am assuming at this point) can easily be the most lethal line in the league come next season.

Also, a GM can’t think what if Nash get hurt or doesn’t click? If people were operating with this mindset, there would hardly be any trades done. There was a chance Joe Thornton couldn’t click in San Jose, or Kovy couldn’t click in New Jersey. If you have a chance to land a superstar, without giving up much, you just do it. It’s a no-brainer.

What sort of reduces my concern is that after that line, there really isn’t much now with Anisimov and Dubinsky gone, especially considering Gaborik may not be ready for the camp – if the camp starts on time. But they still have arguably the best goalie in hockey, a very good defensive corps, and a very smart coach. So they may be able to overcome depth issues.

This is a winner trade for the Rangers. No two ways about it.

Hard to say. Value is influenced by need and the Flyers need for Weber just went up. Also, I don't know that the rest of the NHL is going to have the market value for a great player set by an incompetent clutz of a GM like Howson. I would love to think it, but it's hard to believe.

Also, too, Kovalchuk. OK, so, two idiot GMs. Come to think of it, it's a smaller list to just list the GMs who aren't idiots...

What would you think is fair would get it done?

Also, too, Kovalchuk. OK, so, two idiot GMs. Come to think of it, it's a smaller list to just list the GMs who aren't idiots...

What would you think is fair would get it done?

I'm not even going to go there. I have no idea really. There are plenty of wiser fools than me tossing around ideas.

Alright fine, I was in a state of Denial for a few hours yesterday - lol! I just hate to think of Fonzie getting such a good player in return for a couple so-so guys. Pisses me off. But okay, I'm back in reality now. Yes the Jackets got hosed. Bigtime.