Potential trade

Guest DaGreatGazoo

Maybe we can trade them Bob and get Carter back??? :D :D

Even early in the season, GM meetings buzz with some trade talk. The buzz at the GMs meeting was word that the Columbus Blue Jackets had intensified their efforts to trade for a goalie. Nothing was imminent as of Tuesday night, but a few NHL clubs confirmed to ESPN.com that Jackets GM Scott Howson was making calls. ...

I wouldn't trade Voracek straight up for Crater. OK, maybe in FHL...

And why give Columbus Bob? As for the rumor of CLS seeking a goalie, that's why they dealt LeClaire and kept Mason - HE was "their goalie." (not that LeClaire was a BFD).

The issue with this team is not the forwards - although there is a little inexperience there - the deal to make would solidify the D corps.

Where do you put Crater in this lineup? Sure, the fourth line "worries" me a bit (aside from 18-going-on-30 Couturier) but would you slot a $5M Center into the Fourth line?

First Line:

LW Scott Hartnell(notes), C Claude Giroux, RW Jaromir Jagr(notes)

Second Line:

LW James van Riemsdyk(notes), C Danny Briere(notes), RW Wayne Simmonds

Third Line:

LW Matt Read, C Max Talbot, RW Jakub Voracek

Fourth Line:

LW Harry Zolnierczyk(notes), C Sean Couturier(notes), RW Zac Rinaldo(notes)

Maybe we can trade them Bob and get Carter back??? :D :D

Even early in the season, GM meetings buzz with some trade talk. The buzz at the GMs meeting was word that the Columbus Blue Jackets had intensified their efforts to trade for a goalie. Nothing was imminent as of Tuesday night, but a few NHL clubs confirmed to ESPN.com that Jackets GM Scott Howson was making calls. ...

I don't want to trade away Bob and I don't want to trade for Carter

Maybe we can trade them Bob and get Carter back???

For the record, I forgot the sarcasm font when I started this thread...no way in hell I want Carter and his 25 yr, NTC contract back!!

No way I am giving up Bob at this point unless it's for a stud d-man, which frankly, is the missing link right now on this team.

The Flyers do NOT need Carter. Look at it this way. When everybody is healthy, Couturier is playing on the 4th line. That's not where he belongs. He should be playing no lower than on a 3rd line; he proved he belongs. Bringing Carter won't help him move up and, again, this is not what this team really needs. Pass...

I agree, we don't need Carter, or almost any forward at this point. I also don't want to move Bob, but sometimes opportunity presents itself.

(For an unreasonable example to illustrate a point) If Nsh offered some sort of deal that included Bob, but had a return of Weber, my decision wouldn't hinge on any attachment to Bob whatsoever.

For another unreasonable, but not as far-fetched example due to the cluster**** organization, look at Ovechkin. High cap hit, but no NTC until 2014, which is a limited NTC and not a full one (can submit a 10 team list he will reject a trade to). If they want Bob in some package, okay in my book.

I hope some or most are joking. I would avoid Carter like the fat girls at bars when I'm sober. Of course when you get drunk then all are fair game. But since Homer is and has been off the wagon, I feel safe that he too wants nothing to do with Carter.