Flyers update from Europe....Bryz

MaineFlyFan

Surprised to see no-one talking about this article....and in particuliar the part about Bryzgalov's first start in the KHL and his subsequent benching for the next 3 games!!!!....4 goals on 30 shots. Yup, thats our guy!! :)

This scares me if we ever do see a season this year. I know it's only one game but haven't we been saying that about Bryz since...well....his first game! I'm not a "Bryz hater" for the sake of it, but I'm starting to loose faith in this guy. You'd think he would of KICKED ASS in his first game in the KHL.....not sure why I would think that but I did......

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/How-the-locked-out-Flyers-fared-in-their-European-debuts.html

Vorachek sounds like he had a good first few games....simmonds too.....

@MaineFlyFan I read a rumor somewhere that Bryz's reflexes are indeed expected to pick up once he puts a more years behind him. By the time he hit's 40, we should be set.....I think I will call this Bryz's "glory years"...the post 40 phenom we will all come to love.

So in his first game in 5 months he gives up 4 goals, with at least one of them entirely not his fault, and we should start the hate back up? WTF?

Nowhere does the article mention his benching, it just said he didn't play.

Simmonds hasn't scored a goal yet in any of his games, neither has Fedotenko, why not start a thread ripping these guys?

So in his first game in 5 months he gives up 4 goals, with at least one of them entirely not his fault, and we should start the hate back up? WTF?

Nowhere does the article mention his benching, it just said he didn't play.

Simmonds hasn't scored a goal yet in any of his games, neither has Fedotenko, why not start a thread ripping these guys?

Cause Bryz makes more in a week than they will in their career?

@Green Man " Simmonds hasn't scored a goal yet in any of his games, neither has Fedotenko, why not start a thread ripping these guys? "

Because Feds or Sims didn't let in 6 goals a game against the Pens. Win or not, it was the most unFlyerlike thing I've ever witnessed in the playoffs. His lackluster play during the regular season did not help him out, his shoddy play against the Pens was unforgivable. In spite of the actual win against the Pens, he will not get that trust back until he throws up a few back to back shutouts in the playoffs. At least, that's the way I see it.

Green man,

didn't mean to "rip" Bryz.....but basically what jammer and flyernuck said. Guy signed huge and played tiny.....and still is.....in the KHL none the less. He's got a LOT to make up for to win over one of the most fickle fan-bases out there....

But hey, maybe he'll come around and start playing like a 6million a year goalie......

I think it's the unbridled joy of those who want to jump on and rip him at the slightest provocation, while knowing that there's nothing that's gong to change about it that gets to me.

It's like celebrating defeat of our team before it happens.

I just don't buy into that.

"Analysis" is one thing. Joyful celebration of defeat before (during, and after) it happens, bugs me.

Call me crazy.

I was never on the "sign Bryz" or "trade Bob" bandwagon.

I also don't run the franchise.

VVVlookVVdownVVhereVVV

The sequence of events that orchestrated both will go down in the history of one of the worse moves the Flyers did.

The sequence of events that orchestrated both will may go down in the history of one of the worse moves the Flyers did.

"Fixed" it a little bit to something I might very well agree with, as it is something that can only be known with the passage of time.

I was in shock that they signed 1) a goalie 2) to that length of contract 3) a RUSSIAN goalie 4) for that amount of money 5) did I mention he was RUSSIAN? 6) for my sorrow 7) for no tomorrow 8) i forget what eight was for 9) for my lost God and 10) for everything, everything, everything

With Vokoun on the table, it made NO SENSE to sign Bryz for that.

Rather than make Grand Pronouncements and leap with glee and joy at every little thing happens against Bryz's favor, again, I prefer to hope for the best and root for the Flyers to succeed.

I really see no other options at this point.

• Like 1

I was in shock that they signed 1) a goalie 2) to that length of contract 3) a RUSSIAN goalie 4) for that amount of money 5) did I mention he was RUSSIAN? 6) for my sorrow 7) for no tomorrow 8) i forget what eight was for 9) for my lost God and 10) for everything, everything, everything

The seeds were sowed when they traded the pick for his rights. Everything is a domino from there (as you have pointed out).

Rather than make Grand Pronouncements and leap with glee and joy at every little thing happens against Bryz's favor, again, I prefer to hope for the best and root for the Flyers to succeed.

I don't wish the guy failure. Many goalies are enigmas in their personalities. I have no problem with that. I just want the guy to perform and truthfully, don't think he is anything other than a mediocre goalie. His March play gave me inspiration and hope. His play in the playoffs against the pens gave me distraught. His play against the Devils gave me hope again.

This is the record I am tired of listening too. I don't want sup-par followed by mediocrity followed by excellence followed by sub-par....etc. I want a good goalie that 80% of the time will give you a chance to win. What I have seen from Bryz- he can not deliver that. If you remove his march stats, he was nearly last in the league.

I don't want to hear this "I did not know what to expect from Philly" bull crap and the "pressure was so hard". Don't hold the Flyers hostage for your mammoth contract if you don't have what it takes to handle the reins.

Truthfully- knowing Bobs past and his heritage of his father (blue collar hard worker), I would have road that horse. Maybe it would have been Nitty repeat, but I would have tried.

Truthfully- knowing Bobs past and his heritage of his father (blue collar hard worker), I would have road that horse. Maybe it would have been Nitty repeat, but I would have tried.

A Niittymaki repeat? MVP of the Olympics (while losing)? MVP of the "enhanced" Calder Cup?

I'll take that.

The team never gave Niittymaki the chance - and, no, I don't count the disaster that was the Forsberg Year in orange and black.

As for Bryz, if the Flyers have CSKA's defense in front of him, I wouldn't expect much from him, either.

Cause Bryz makes more in a week than they will in their career?

Dont blame Bryz for taking a big paycheck... blame Snider, Homer, et al for panicking and bringing him into Philly. I am not a Bryz hater and think he will be fine. It is one game for heaven's sake... If he continues to suck but putting every little thing Bryz related under a microscope is getting ridiculous.

If he sucks he sucks... Homer and Snider should be blamed.

• Like 1