What's wrong with Weber?

Guest Samifan

New monster contract (thanks to Ed Snider), annual finalist for the Norris trophy has ZERO points so far this season.

I am taking this personal because I picked him for my fantasy team this year :)

He's making the Preds pay for matching the offer sheet. He doesn't have to give 100% or score another point for the rest of his career and he can retire as a rich man.

More likely, he is rusty due to the lock out.

I'm not positive on this, but don't think the Preds pp is clicking all to well either. That can lead to decreased point totals also. Maybe a bit of rust, maybe he just does not want to be there and plans on playing himself out of town....never know.

I'm not positive on this, but don't think the Preds pp is clicking all to well either. That can lead to decreased point totals also. Maybe a bit of rust, maybe he just does not want to be there and plans on playing himself out of town....never know.

Again though makes me think of Suter... All credit to Weber but Suter was the true QB on their PP.

• Like 1

Well with sestito coming into his own as a sniper and leader in shooting percentage of the entire league maybe we can send him to the preds for weber if the Nashville is so upset about his play. Hell we will throw in Lilya and foster. Rinaldo is off limits though!

as per twitter:

3 highest paid defencemen in the NHL, Weber, Suter and Myers have one goal between them this season. By Myers. Combined salary $38 million.

I must say, if the theory that Weber's just a whiny B*tch who is deliberately tanking once he got his contract is correct, thank God Nashville matched.

Also, too, that Suter was the real talent on the PP - given that he has zero goals as well...

I think the idea of him tanking is ridiculous. And I think the idea that he wanted to come to Philly so badly that he'd tank in Nashville after is ridiculous too. Let's face it folks, Weber's only incentive to play in Philly was $$$... and he's got plenty of that in Nashville now. It's not unusual for guys to slump after getting a big contract. Is it a lack of effort? Feeling like they made it and they can coast now? I dunno... but I highly doubt it has much to do with where he is.

@radoran

My point was simply that Suter was the more offensively gifted of the two. Maybe they just needed to be together, as complimenting styles of play? I know when I coach I am very aware of which defensemen I pair up, and who fits what role. Maybe that's the tale of the tape with Weber and Suter?

• 3 months later...

I know when I coach I am very aware of which defensemen I pair up, and who fits what role.

I thought Roman Josi was easily the best Dman in the WC....dude was lights out with his much improved all around game and also scored some BIG goals...Nashville has a gem in this kid...they just seem to be a defenseman/goalie producing machine...