Rinaldo's reputation

TedZep

lol! yeah somebody slipped something in their water bottle today. So stupid too because up till then I thought they were doing a good job all in all.

"it happens" is an okay explanation for non-reputation players - when they get called for dumb stuff like that. But when it's Zac - I mean shouldn't it work both ways? You make the case that he deserves the rep he's got. I agree. But good officiating should not only hold him to a higher standard on hits given but also cut him some slack when he gets hit.

lol! yeah somebody slipped something in their water bottle today. So stupid too because up till then I thought they were doing a good job all in all.

"it happens" is an okay explanation for non-reputation players - when they get called for dumb stuff like that. But when it's Zac - I mean shouldn't it work both ways? You make the case that he deserves the rep he's got. I agree. But good officiating should not only hold him to a higher standard on hits given but also cut him some slack when he gets hit.

Apparently logic and reason have no place here.

The day you figure out why the officials do most of what they do and let go most of what they let go you let me know. LOL I'm watching the Pens game in Jersey and I'm at a loss too. Sadly that's just the way it goes sometimes. Some games they seem against you, others they seem for you... and once in awhile they even seem to be doing the right thing. But I have no idea how to know WHY they do what they do half the time.

How many players in the NHL get penalized for getting pushed behind the play?

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Call an infraction committed on the ice, not calling what you THINK on a guy you have preconceived notions about!!! It's about time SOMEONE in the major sports grows a pair of balls and makes these lousy officials answer for what they do. That call on Rinaldo should have the league office embarrassed! Make the officials start losing game checks for lazy officiating, which is all it is too me

@ I think the officals call the agitators more often because they make their life hell. I'm not one to say there is biased against the Flyers, the whole thought is ludricous....BUT, I will say Flyer s*** disturbers get watched really close.

Edited by jammer2

@ I think the officals call the agitators more often because they make their life hell. I'm not one to say there is biased against the Flyers, the whole thought is ludricous....BUT, I will say Flyer s*** disturbers get watched really close.

I agree about not being a bias towards the flyers, it's a stupid bias towards players based on the past. Agitators doing their jobs isn't against the rules of hockey so they need to get over themselves. My big issue is, they get these preconceived notions on players around the league and just wait for a chance to whistle them for penalties that arent even worthy of a call. There's certain guy's that deserved to be watched because of having CAREERS in the NHL of being dirty, not a rookie or a young player IMO.

You could say that about Koharski (donut boy) and Divorski too........That does not make it a good thing..........

maybe it wasn't a "good thing" but it was certainly more reliable [having 3 officials instead of 4] than what we've got now.

But obviously this topic is a dead end: it's never going back to 3 refs. All in all they do a good job I guess...but when they're bad they are really bad.

I hated Fraser, Koharski, Devorski, and McCreary. Hated them all.

STOP MAKING ME AGREE WITH YOU!!!!!! I think you would find about 80% of the Flyers fans on here would agree with you.....the other 20 % won't just because you are a pens fan..... ;)

• Like 1

STOP MAKING ME AGREE WITH YOU!!!!!! I think you would find about 80% of the Flyers fans on here would agree with you.....the other 20 % won't just because you are a pens fan..... ;)

Umm.... Hartnell is a fairy!!!

(There something you can disagree about).

never had a problem with Kelly Fraser - till he retired. Thankfully it's died down now but that promo tour for his book...ugh! He got on my nerves then. But he called a good game.

the rest of them, esp Devorski - that guy flat out hated the Flyers. and Koharski was as inconsistent by himself as 2 refs are today...!

never had a problem with Kelly Fraser - till he retired. Thankfully it's died down now but that promo tour for his book...ugh! He got on my nerves then. But he called a good game.

the rest of them, esp Devorski - that guy flat out hated the Flyers. and Koharski was as inconsistent by himself as 2 refs are today...!

Agreed. I'll nominate another bad one, VanMasenhoven.

• Like 1

oh hellyes, forgot all about Assenhoven...another Flyers-hater. Ah, maybe not really - the only guy who I thought consistently just screwed us every chance he got was Devorski. But Massenhoven was no bargain.

The one thing all those guys had going for them (imo) was they put the whistles away in the last 5 minutes of a close game. Now - jesuschrist now it's like @#$# guaranteed there'll be a minor called in the last couple minutes of a 1-goal game. I swear to god almost every game I watch - if it's close the team that's down gets a PP in the final minutes. I guess this is the new "script" for the NHL.

@doom88 I have seen Van Massenhoven ref so many games live, it's not even funny. He worked Windsor Arena with startling regularity. He was just an ok ref, blew a LOT of calls, but when it came to controling bad situations, breaking up fights etc, well, he was pretty decent at that part of the job. He was a nice skater for an OHL ref, and had the kinda size and build where he could get in quick if somebody started losing a fight badly. I remember hearing that he was being considered for an NHL job, and I smiled....cause I knew it was coming. He was an off duty OPP officer, who quit the force to pursue his reffing dream.....so you don't make a ballsey call like that unless you are fairly sure you can make the jump. His brother, huge like him, worked for the Windsor Police and patrolled the hallways of Windsor Arena for Spitfire games all the time.

I was heckling him one day that he blew about 5 calls, basically lost the game for us. I waited till the Arena was quiet, he skated by and I yelled "get your head out of your Massenhoven".....the whole buidling erupted in laughter, and of course, he screwed us worse late in the third. A clear cut case of damaged ego.....so yeah, he's pretty unprofessional.

I encourage others to pick up the phrase "get your head out of your Massenhoven" at the NHL level.....let it resonate through the NHL arena's.....he deserves it.

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 1