Briere out Indefinitely with Concussion

radoran

Timmo said we lost 2 players in practice last week. That tells you what kind of practices we had.

Soundslike lavy was cracking the whip

I think Grossmann was already nicked up. Glad to hear the team had a much needed brutal practice.

About $3.4M to buy him out. I gotta think they will look at this in this context for after this season and free up some room (I always expected him to get bought out after end of next season anyway).

There will be a lot of soul searching after the season is over. I won't be surprised to see a make-over. I can't see Danny Boy still wearing the Flyers uniform when the 2013-2014 season commences.

Tell Danny flat up: you are out of Philly one way or the other. Then find a team willing to take him based on conditional draft picks. Danny doesn't play, they cough up a 7th. Danny plays a little, 5th. Danny contributes and the team wins a series... and so on. And the Flyers can buy out someone elses contract in addition to the humongous big foregone conclusion.

<br />He's not the "rental" player many teams want (about to be UFA).<br />

was thinking the same thing, I don't see how he gets traded injury or no. with two more years at a for-real cap hit, a team would have to want him for, well, two more years.

I mean, unless there is a bottom feeder who wants the extra cap above actual salary to keep their heads above cap floor water, but then there's the whole NMC thing, soooo...

yeah, don't think the injury changes anything. at least not unless he stays injured into the offseason and so can't be bought out. which: :(

• Like 1

yeah, don't think the injury changes anything. at least not unless he stays injured into the offseason and so can't be bought out. which: :(

That would require someone shooting him to put him out of our misery...........