If you want to spin this as Holmgren could have gotten more for Z.....then maybe.....but Z and Rosehill are both borderline fourth line players one who uses speed for reckless hits and the other uses his fists. According to the rules Rosehill has more value.

First, no I'm not spinning that Holmgren could have gotten more for Z--although he absolutely could have. What I'm spinning is that 1) He shouldn't have traded Z and 2) He shouldn't have gotten Rosehill.

if Rosehill impresses he gets a year contract if not, see ya.

I think you're deliberately trying to make my head explode. If you have ever seen the guy play, there is ZERO chance he impresses. If Holmgren does end up being impressed, he should not only be fired, there should be a restraining order preventing him from being within a mile of ANY hockey rink. Seriously, HF, you are vastly overstating any hope that Rosehill should be on an NHL roster. I'm willing to argue he shouldn't even be on an AHL roster. Not because he's a fighter. It's because he's not EVEN that.

I don't hate Z but I don't ever see him being more than what he is. He's another guy with no discipline in his game plus he's now a marked man by officials. When you're a marked man, AND A FLYER, your screwed....See Downie

I don't know. Rinaldo is slowly proving that concept wrong. Also, Z and Downie is apples/oranges. Downie had a lot more skill, but Z isn't near the psychopath Downie was. Okay, so red apple/green apple.

I think you're deliberately trying to make my head explode. If you have ever seen the guy play, there is ZERO chance he impresses.

:D I really haven't seen him play recently, and I'm surely not one to be impressed by any enforcer. But just in case he can skate well enough to throw some heavy checks on the fourth line in the next few weeks, or throw a few punches instead of rinaldo. I'm ok with the move.

@hf101

And what good does it do that Rosehill can drop the gloves? Are you really suggesting that Rosehill should be on a line with Giroux? Because if he's not, there's no point to this in terms of Giroux. You wait until after the fact to respond to a hit, it rarely makes much difference. I'm sorry, but the guy is going to complete F### away 2 minutes of playing time a game and horribly weaken a 4th line in the event he can just happen to be on the ice during a line change when Giroux gets clocked.s the old bastard.

C'mon, man. It's not like this team signed an "enforcer" for three years/$3.3M. They're not paying a freaking enforcer to cower the opposition into submission. No. Never,

Wait. What? They are!? And their "enforcer" got put on IR for sitting in the press box? Really?

No serious hockey fan could conceivably make that point.

You have to be a GM.

• Like 1

I'm with rux, if given the chance with the right line-up, Harry can be a very effective player, at least double digit goals while throwing in grit and vicious hits. I think he develops into a 3rd liner and the points start coming. Nothing crazy, but any production is better than what we get from Rosethrill.

@jammer2

It's not like Z was a huge part of the future plans of this team. But anyone (ok just about anyone) can see he's got a lot more going for him than Rosehill does. At worst he's a fast skater that will throw hits. Rosehills best attributes are...............I got nothing.

• Like 1

First, no I'm not spinning that Holmgren could have gotten more for Z--although he absolutely could have. What I'm spinning is that 1) He shouldn't have traded Z and 2) He shouldn't have gotten Rosehill.

I think you're deliberately trying to make my head explode. If you have ever seen the guy play, there is ZERO chance he impresses. If Holmgren does end up being impressed, he should not only be fired, there should be a restraining order preventing him from being within a mile of ANY hockey rink. Seriously, HF, you are vastly overstating any hope that Rosehill should be on an NHL roster. I'm willing to argue he shouldn't even be on an AHL roster. Not because he's a fighter. It's because he's not EVEN that.

Bump :P

Haven't seen him play in quite awhile, but hey I guess Homer did. I guess taking out Lupul and scoring a goal in his first game as a Flyer will put him up for a 2-3yr contract!

Book it!

Bump :P

Haven't seen him play in quite awhile, but hey I guess Homer did. I guess taking out Lupul and scoring a goal in his first game as a Flyer will put him up for a 2-3yr contract!

Book it!

Sigh. I knew this was coming. Well played.

I never thought I'd ever say this, but, he had a good game

I think what we saw last night was the perfect storm. it was a combination of Rosehill getting traded yet again and seeing his career dying, a chance to get back at the team who gave up on him in his first game, and him just flat out being in the right place at the right time, several times, which will never happen again.

• Like 1