They obviously decided they weren't going to even give Harry Z a chance and traded him for absolutely nothing. Going to miss Z's speed and energy. I swear if they'd just reigned him in a bit...

I don't think I understand the Flyers' front office at all.

Oh, unfortunately, I think we understand them far too too too much...

Harry Z was in the doghouse. Now, he's in Anaheim

I'm wondering if this move has anything to do with NOBODY going after people for hitting Giroux. Only Voracek did last game

So why the hell do they let Sestito walk for nothing. Could look at this as: Sestito and Rosehill for Harry Z.

What in the world is this franchise doing?

Great point, at least Sestito could play! Z had speed and could check, this move is horrible.

• Like 1

So why the hell do they let Sestito walk for nothing. Could look at this as: Sestito and Rosehill for Harry Z.

What in the world is this franchise doing?

Sestito was traded to gain a contract to sign Flanagan.

So Flanagan + Rosehill for Sestito and Harry Z.

I guess we will see next season how that pans out. But really these are AHL moves. Maybe Rosehill can make a stay at the Flyers roster both Sestito and Harry Z couldn't

I'm wondering if this move has anything to do with NOBODY going after people for hitting Giroux. Only Voracek did last game

At first I thought you meant "to send a message." I was going to say that would have been a better message if it was actually someone who was in that game.

But I'm guessing you mean they went out to get a scrapper to answer the call when that happens. Maybe. That's probably the way our retarded front office is thinking. But the fact is we have several guys who are able; they just didn't.

Sestito was traded to gain a contract to sign Flanagan.

So Flanagan + Rosehill for Sestito and Harry Z.

I guess we will see next season how that pans out. But really these are AHL moves. Maybe Rosehill can make a stay at the Flyers roster both Sestito and Harry Z couldn't

Rosehill is not an NHL player. He's flat out horrible. If the coaching staff in Anaheim can focus Harry Z, he's going to be a very good NHL player. Besides speed, he actually does have some skills and he definitely has the passion (but we don't want passion in philly. We'd rather get cinderblock heads like Rosehill and then bitch and moan that the team is bunch of sad sack quitters and it must be the coach's fault).

HOLMGREN.MUST.GO. Not strictly because of this, but this is a perfect example of how clueless our Gross Mismanager is.

If the coaching staff in Anaheim can focus Harry Z, he's going to be a very good NHL player.

I don't think Z with ever be much more than a fourth liner if he can even stay in the NHL. Rosehill won't either, but Rosehill can at least drop the gloves and push a bit more weight around. I really think the trade is a wash. Maybe it is just merely a backup to Rinaldo just incase he gets injured. But Z at 25yrs old is just a fringe NHL player nothing more.

IF nothing else it frees up a NHL contract next season, as Z was an RFA and Rosehill is a FA.

I don't think Z with ever be much more than a fourth liner if he can even stay in the NHL.

I think this is the crux of why we disagree on the rest. I think he will be more than a 4th liner. He may even end up as good as Nodl.

@hf101

And what good does it do that Rosehill can drop the gloves? Are you really suggesting that Rosehill should be on a line with Giroux? Because if he's not, there's no point to this in terms of Giroux. You wait until after the fact to respond to a hit, it rarely makes much difference. I'm sorry, but the guy is going to completely F### away 2 minutes of playing time a game and horribly weaken a 4th line in the event he can just happen to be on the ice during a line change when Giroux gets clocked.

I'm sorry. I have no doubt this is some of the thinking of the Flyers' front office. I just think that is the dumbest damn exercise in stupidity.

Holmgren needs to go. He obviously has no plan and no clue. Again, not just because he traded Z away. But because he's clearly making moves in a reactionary manner rather than having the foggiest damn idea how to build a team in any logical or systematic way. He needs to go and so does the old bastard.

@hf101

Good call on the Flanagan signing. I forgot about that move. Still don't like trading Z for another punching bag. Will be interesting to see what the next 48 bring. Word is Clowe is scratched tonight.

Flanagan... Yet another AHL center...

@hf101

And what good does it do that Rosehill can drop the gloves? Are you really suggesting that Rosehill should be on a line with Giroux? Because if he's not, there's no point to this in terms of Giroux. You wait until after the fact to respond to a hit, it rarely makes much difference. I'm sorry, but the guy is going to complete F### away 2 minutes of playing time a game and horribly weaken a 4th line in the event he can just happen to be on the ice during a line change when Giroux gets clocked.

I'm sorry. I have no doubt this is some of the thinking of the Flyers' front office. I just think that is the dumbest damn exercise in stupidity.

Holmgren needs to go. He obviously has no plan and no clue. Again, not just because he traded Z away. But because he's clearly making moves in a reactionary manner rather than having the foggiest damn idea how to build a team in any logical or systematic way. He needs to go and so does the old bastard.

The problem is the NHL had the prime opportunity to rid the NHL of enforcers in the last year or so. But instead the reverse has happened. Fighting minutes are up. Stupid. I'll agree. But there is what 3-4 weeks of the regular season left, if Rosehill impresses he gets a year contract if not, see ya. No loss. The only thing I expect out of him is a few hard checks out of his 6'3" 220lb frame. IF Rinaldo plays the third line I don't mind some toughness on the fourth line.

If you want to spin this as Holmgren could have gotten more for Z.....then maybe.....but Z and Rosehill are both borderline fourth line players one who uses speed for reckless hits and the other uses his fists. According to the rules Rosehill has more value.

I think this is the crux of why we disagree on the rest. I think he will be more than a 4th liner. He may even end up as good as Nodl.

I don't hate Z but I don't ever see him being more than what he is. He's another guy with no discipline in his game plus he's now a marked man by officials. When you're a marked man, AND A FLYER, your screwed....See Downie