Mr. Universe needs 5 Hour Energy

Bertmega

How about those "multiple league sources"? Who's side are they on?

Wait, did I just comment on the 76ers?

Forget I said anything. Most people have blissfully forgotten the Sixers exist anyway.

Apparently, the Philly media defines the word "privately" differently than normal people.

well of course. Nobody in their right mind would suggest buying him out based on 1 or 2 incidents - esp if one of them didn't even happen! lol

All I was saying is that yawning when your partner comes over to the bench during a break is a really lousy thing to do. That's all. Is it an example of Bryzgalov's general attitude these days? Who knows, maybe maybe not. But if I were Mason I would've said "FU Bryzgalov" right then and there.

According to multiple league sources, the 76ers organization privately hopes...

This line cracked me up. So multiple league sources know what the 76ers organization privately[sic] hopes. How private exactly?

This line cracked me up. So multiple league sources know what the 76ers organization privately[sic] hopes. How private exactly?

Apparently more public than completely private, but more private than completely public. It's one of those gray areas, you know?

We refer to that area as the Wells Fargo Center.

Well one thing is for sure...in hindsight Derek Morris and whom ever else it was that ripped him to the media a year or so ago was dead on and had their reason for ripping him in the media.

If for nothing else to teach him a lesson...of which like he said "i don't care"...and he don't as long as that check is in the mail....there is no reason to care....stop handing out all these NMC and maybe they'll be something you can do...

...at least make him ride the bus for the Phantoms...that he'll care about because he'll be away from his family...other than that...

Edited by OccamsRazor

Does anyone ever read the comments on CSNPhilly's facebook page? CSN asks simply the dumbest questions, and hundreds of people post idiocy. I'm reading some of it now and it's making my head hurt.

Well one thing is for sure...in hindsight Derek Morris and whom ever else it was that ripped him to the media a year or so ago was dead on and had their reason for ripping him in the media.

The other guy was Adrian Aucoin.

Both of them managed to get past the first round of the playoffs for the first time in their careers last season. The Bruins jettisonned Morris on their way to the Cup.

Interestingly enough, one "Chris Pronger" who was a teammate of Bryzgalov's in Anaheim when they won the Cup apparently wasn't asked or didn't say anything about what a horrible, no good, very bad teammate Bryzgalov was when they traded for his rights. Not that Pronger ever spoke up about anything. He was always very shy about his opinions. Hard to get him to really open up about things.

So, yeah, I'm just still "considering the source" here. And the "source" in this case is a pile of fetid dingo's kidneys.

If for nothing else to teach him a lesson...of which like he said "i don't care"...and he don't as long as that check is in the mail....there is no reason to care....stop handing out all these NMC and maybe they'll be something you can do...

...at least make him ride the bus for the Phantoms...that he'll care about because he'll be away from his family...other than that...

Agreed 100% on the stupidity of long-term deals like this and the No Movement Clauses that go with them. Homer made this mess ("Just following orders!") and made it impossible for the organization to exert any influence or discipline whatsoever.

Don't worry, he'll get it right next time eventually maybe perhaps?

Both of them managed to get past the first round of the playoffs for the first time in their careers last season.

What he(Morris) accomplished has no bearing on wheather there was merit in what he was saying...i'm sure they were just asked the question and maybe even just to stir the pot they expressed their feelings.

Right or wrong or even if there was another motive i don't care...

...but from just all what i've seen to transpire since he got here i tend to believe what they said...just a hunch....he is quick to point the finger i've seen.

And all can't be blamed on "lost in translation crap".

Just will be happy when they wash their hands of him...period.

Maybe after one more year of him and Mason tandem the following year Stolarz could be ready for backup duty and it be he and Mason...the following year.

• Like 1

"he is quick to point the finger" said while citing two guys pointing fingers. jus' sayin'...

That's where the character of the guys in question comes in to play for me. YMMV, nothing wrong with that.

Again, I'm more concerned with where Homer and Pronger were when that deal went down than I will ever be about Derek Morris or Adrian Aucoin.

Because Homer's still here.

Both of them managed to get past the first round of the playoffs for the first time in their careers last season.

Why do you do this every time somebody references their quotes? Both times I brought it up, now again. You're saying what, "they suck so don't trust them," is that the gist of it? Like Occam I fail to see how their accomplishments (or lack thereof) discredit their observations about a teammate. Who's word will you trust? Gretzky, that's it? LOL. Only Lady Bing winners?

• Like 1

@radoran

I did think there was red flags when not one, but two teammates threw the guy under the bus. But I agree about the scouting report. Or NON-report.

Right, my question about all that is where was Chris Pronger, who was under contract to the Flyers, a former teammate of Bryzgalov and about to become the team captain?

If Bryz is such a freaking head case that two teammates were willing to call him out in the media, where was Pronger's private phone call to Ed?

Why do you do this every time somebody references their quotes? Both times I brought it up, now again. You're saying what, "they suck so don't trust them," is that the gist of it? Like Occam I fail to see how their accomplishments (or lack thereof) discredit their observations about a teammate. Who's word will you trust? Gretzky, that's it? LOL. Only Lady Bing winners?

How about Chris Pronger?

As I said in the post and the post that followed - the character of the people making the accusation is fundamentally important in evaluating their veracity. Boston was primed for a Cup run and dumped Morris. Aucion hasn't, quite frankly, done very much in this league. Why do I have any interest in their opinion as a judge of character?

But, you're right, it is tiresome when people keep bringing up the same things over and over again.

I'll stop when I don't have to hear about Derek Morris and Adrian Aucoin.

where was Pronger's private phone call to Ed?

you must be joking. Never in a million years will a player offer unsolicited advice to management about a trade deal or a FA signing.

You've made it clear you don't respect them. For everyone else there's no reason not to take Morris or Aucoin's word re: Bryzgalov.

Oh, and the Bruins didn't "dump" Morris for any reason that might discredit his word, they made room for Jagr (and whoever). Happens with most teams...funny how it's right around the same time every year...

Well Rad....hell with it right? At this stage of the Bryzaster who cares? Regardless of what anyone said, didn't say etc. the owner wanted him and the owner got him. And now 2 years later he gets to get rid of him.

@radoran

My guess is, as a backup in Anaheim Bryz was probably a little more humble. When he became a starter in Phoenix maybe it went to his head. He put up good numbers and thought it was all him? I don't know. I just know what I see and it's not worth the price of admission.

• Like 1

you must be joking. Never in a million years will a player offer unsolicited advice to management about a trade deal or a FA signing.

Even more damning. The team has committed its future to Chris Pronger - trading Richard and Crater - and they don't even ask him about a player he played with before before committing the future of the organization to that goalie to backstop the team Pronger is leading?

Brilliant.

You've made it clear you don't respect them. For everyone else there's no reason not to take Morris or Aucoin's word re: Bryzgalov.

Oh, and the Bruins didn't "dump" Morris for any reason that might discredit his word, they made room for Jagr (and whoever). Happens with most teams...funny how it's right around the same time every year...

They dumped Morris in 2009-2010 to pick up Jagr? The only reason Morris ever had an opinion of Bryzgalov was because he played with him in Phoenix.

If you're going to cite the opinions of these guys, at least know why, how and where they formed them.

See, I know these things. Which, again, affects how one views their veracity.

I just have a strange feeling that if they were out there saying Bryzgalov was the greatest guy ever and they really miss him, you'd be saying that their opinion really shouldn't matter. But, since they agree with your position, they are reliable, impartial observers.

My point is, I don't give a rat's ass what Aucoin and Morris say about Bryzgalov. His play here has shown that he is not worth the money, term or cap hit on the contract.