Hartnell's hat trick...He gets it...

flyerrod

It was nice to see him score again and even after his third goal, he did without the celebration like he had just won the Stanley Cup. It seems like he is grasping the reality of where the Flyers currently are.

I see they have found the formula for winning again and all that was required was for them to remove Gervais from the line up. That was some serious addition by subtraction.

After Huskins was injured by a seriously cheap shot from Ryan White, Kurtis Foster who I normally detest, went right after him which was absolutely the right thing to do, he just needs to remember to toss the lid before he does it, as I saw Simmonds do later in the game to prevent excess stupid penalty minutes. Foster seemed to be playing like a member of the team last night for the first time since joining the Flyers and not just floating around out of position.

My biggest question is why did it take them so long to put forth the effort they did last night? It is amazing how well they played and that was against a solid team like the Habs......

It seemed like every bounce in the first 10 minutes went the Flyers way. Every loose puck, every pass was tape to tape..... things just seemed to happen. It helped that they were all moving their feet.

But, the Habs looked really bad at the same time.

I'm glad they won. It was finally nice not to want to throw things at the TV but, I think we'll see a different game tonight.

Yeah just like I don't think it's fair to blame Doc Halladay's good night on the poor Marlins bats, it's not entirely fair to blame this good Flyers team effort on the Habs having a bad night... but they did.

Price in particular looked pretty awful. He had a piece of almost all the goals, which says to me a goalie more on his game might have saved many of those 7 goals.

But the passing looked better and I appreciate that. Scotty is a good NHL player and for the first time in a while Giroux looked like Giroux and didn't let the coverage on him suppress him too much... busted out pretty nicely.

But, the Habs looked really bad at the same time.

^ plus Gagne looked like he has some steam left, Briere obviously wants to land a gig somewhere next year...not many turnovers in general

oh and maybe the most important stat, our crack #1 goalie maintained his .889 Save%. in the words of charlie brown, "good grief"