Quit hatin on Bryz

FD19372

It's statements like this that make people assume you're an idiot. Just watch a game if you want to see what other people see. And, really, is it that hard to spell Simmonds?

Ok, out-smarmed was a bit much. Equally-smarmed? Naw, that's still too much. Came close-smarmed...ya, that';s it.

Good grief. Another Bryz debate thread.

The other 150 threads weren't good enough to post in that we start yet another? It's getting really tiring seeing and typing the same damn stuff over and over again.

I also would like to suggest that in order to sign up for this site that the applicant should have to first take an IQ test. We don't have to set the bar high, but at least maybe 20 ought to do.

I read that initially as "first Fake an IQ test", and was about to thank you for giving me a way to stick around... But now I see I read it incorrectly. Why must the world be so cruel?!?!

I read that initially as "first Fake an IQ test", and was about to thank you for giving me a way to stick around... But now I see I read it incorrectly. Why must the world be so cruel?!?!

LMAO! I think we should do it your way and have to fake an IQ test. That way we both can stay.

• Like 1

what's the excuses for the other overpaid guys dont perform on this team? hartnell, briere, mez, simmounds? they get a free pass too, they have bad contract hits as much as bryz does, hartnell is injuried, bs, briere past his prime, mez always injuried, simmounds, i dont know what people see in this guy, plus the reason why la got rid of him in the first place and they won cups with richards and carter.

so bring on the excuses.

everything about byz is personal hate for the guy because he's russian and a bad team mate becauses he's not american and mason is.

-- hey, I am going to let you in on a secret -- shhh! Don't tell anyone but Mason is Canadian which is not American. It is a different Country than the USA. Hope this helps...

Mason is Canadian which is not American.

OK ,but if you put "North" in front of American he could be right about that......and in his view, Simmo(u)nds is not putting forth effort on the ice. Well, there is no forgiving that level of ignorance. ^_^

OK ,but if you put "North" in front of American he could be right about that......and in his view, Simmo(u)nds is not putting forth effort on the ice. Well, there is no forgiving that level of ignorance. ^_^

-- I still think, based on the context used, that he thinks Mason is american. Although, his Simmo(u)nds comment is his best yet! I thoughthe was talking about the candy bar Mounds - "sometime you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't". If you want a nut look no further than his posts...

Edited by murraycraven
  • Like 1

Please, please, stop fighting everyone. It's not Bryzgalovs fault they won last night. He managed to keep up his sub .900 save percentage even though he was playing one of the worst teams in the league. It's Simmounds fault for scoring the hat trick.

• Like 2

at least Gagne looked like he knew what he was doing. Every time I saw him in scoring position he flubbed it, don't think he even had a point. Good on him. And way to go Bryzgalov... you gave us a chance, like you've been doing all year.

It's always the goalie's fault If everybody thought (after the Flyers were so desperate in giving his super fat contract), that Bryz was going to be the second coming of Patrick Roy and Bernie Parent combined, they were naive. They wanted a number 1 goalie they could rely on. They got him, and he's been your best player this year by far. (Which is why they didn't make the playoffs. The other players still have to show up, and didn't.) Why doesn't everybody realize that the #1 reason (and it's not close) is because we didn't have puck rushing dman worth a d*mn? Bryz and not even Henrik Lunqvist or Jonathan Quick could be good enough with this below average, immobile d (and I'm being polite) to win you a Cup. It would kick start the offense as well. They need to do whatever it takes to get a legit #1 offensive defenseman next year, and if that's all they do, that's a hell of an off-season and should be enough for this team to make the playoffs and possibly even contend for a top 2 seed in the East. Bryz can win a Cup or does everyone not remember Anaheim (not that he did it by himself,but still). Give Bryz and Mason another year and get Yandle or (insert name of skilled offensive d man) here.

I agree that our defense need improvement. Well, it would have been interesting to see our whole defense corp but we didnt becouse of major injuries.

But still, hatin' Bryz or not, is that flyers PAID WAY TOO MUCH. We were signing a wildcard, not proven as a solid nr 1 on any team. Yes he did some good seasons back then but we paid Brodour/Lundquist money on Bryz. I dont hate Bryz. I think he is decent... and thats what I expected of him. A decent top 15-5 golie. But we paid for a 5-1 top golie.

I agree that our defense need improvement. Well, it would have been interesting to see our whole defense corp but we didnt becouse of major injuries.

But still, hatin' Bryz or not, is that flyers PAID WAY TOO MUCH. We were signing a wildcard, not proven as a solid nr 1 on any team. Yes he did some good seasons back then but we paid Brodour/Lundquist money on Bryz. I dont hate Bryz. I think he is decent... and thats what I expected of him. A decent top 15-5 golie. But we paid for a 5-1 top golie.

Not sure what he's top 15 in? GAA he's 54th. Save Percentage he's 62nd.

Nevermind, found it. He's ranked 12th in alphabetical order.

• 1 month later...