That's the series

Guest trevluk

Watching game 3 with the Isles up 2-0 I say to myself, if the Isles hang on to win this game they actually have a chance in this series, if they lose this game, that's the series.

Then The Isles take 2 stupid penalties for the 5-3. I say if the Isle kill this, they win the game, if the Pens score, they lose the game and the series.

Bang, bang. Tie game. Series over. Pens in 5, maybe 6 if the Isles get really lucky.

Fleury has been statuesque on the last 2 goals.

It's not the Flower's fault...it's the crappy defense in front of him right?????

That is what is wrong with the Flyers it couldn't possibly be Bryz fault so it can't be MAF fault....

...why does everyone on this site expect the goaltender to stop the puck....that is not the goaltender's job damn it!!!!

It's the defense's job and the forwards....not the goalie!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Fleury had a rough outing myself. The defense wasn't physical enough around the net. I think they do miss Orpik. The Isles aren't dead yet... they still play best of four. I think the Pens win too... but they'll be close games. Each team blew out the other one time in the regular season, but the others were close games. That's how this series is shaping up.

Cant agree with you on this one Polaris. Syd went down like it was his second day on skates but got exactly what he wanted. Extremely soft call in my book. Not sure that should have been called in regulation of a regular season game let alone overtime of the playoffs. Anyhow, that's hockey. Pens get the questionable call and make the Isles pay. I will say that the Isles D man shouldnt have put himself in that postion in the first place knowing that Syd gets the call more often than not and especially knowing how lethal the Pens power play had already been this day. (Shorty not withstanding.)

I'll be surprised if any Flyers faithful do agree. But I also know a lot would be screaming bloody murder if the roles were reversed or if someone got away with it on Giroux that tight to the net. I think the pull from behind is obvious. Even people arguing the call are saying "yeah he reaches over his shoulder but...". so I'l refresh the rule...

54.1 Holding – Any action by a player that retards the progress of an opposing player whether or not he is in possession of the puck.

54.2 Minor Penalty - A minor penalty shall be imposed on a player who holds an opponent by using his hands, arms or legs.

A player is permitted to use his arm in a strength move, by blocking his opponent, provided he has body position and is not using his hands in a holding manner, when doing so.

When it comes down to it... regardless of whether anyone feels this is the right call or not, the officials have made some bad ones. It's worked against both teams. They still had an opportunity to win the game and didn't. Both teams had numerous opportunities... including three posts/crossbars by the Pens. Oh well.. that's how the puck bounces. On to game 4. *shrugs*

Edited by Polaris922

Imagine that. A pens game decided by power plays and questionable officiating... The funniest thing of all is that polaris the pens super fan brings it up first. Cindy should've gotten 2 for diving also.

Do you pens fans really think the NHL wants to promote the islanders in its commercials rather than Buttmans boy sid??? Haha that's funny. They'll never let that happen

Imagine that. A pens game decided by power plays and questionable officiating... The funniest thing of all is that polaris the pens super fan brings it up first. Cindy should've gotten 2 for diving also.

Do you pens fans really think the NHL wants to promote the islanders in its commercials rather than Buttmans boy sid??? Haha that's funny. They'll never let that happen

And you also disagree with milburry and JR who have more hockey knowledge in each of their little toes than you have in your entire body,Polaris. That's exactly why everyone thinks Cindy is a puss. Because he plays exactly like one.

And you also disagree with milburry and JR who have more hockey knowledge in each of their little toes than you have in your entire body,Polaris. That's exactly why everyone thinks Cindy is a puss. Because he plays exactly like one.

Also the same Milbury and JR who love to hear themselves talk, love to be a tad over dramatic and have been known to make baffoon-like comments. Like this one.

Edited by B21
  • Like 1

Cant agree with you on this one Polaris. Syd went down like it was his second day on skates but got exactly what he wanted. Extremely soft call in my book. Not sure that should have been called in regulation of a regular season game let alone overtime of the playoffs. Anyhow, that's hockey. Pens get the questionable call and make the Isles pay. I will say that the Isles D man shouldnt have put himself in that postion in the first place knowing that Syd gets the call more often than not and especially knowing how lethal the Pens power play had already been this day. (Shorty not withstanding.)

If that's a dive then Crosby has taken diving to new heights. He managed to figure out a way to fall down backwards to get the call while still directing the puck towards the net with one hand on his stick.

It's insanely clear that Strait hauled him down. He had a hand on each shoulder. He was beat and did the only thing he could. Now, if that's somewhere else on the ice that call should not be made in OT. But if Strait doesn't pull him down Crosby has the option for a close range (albeit bad angle) shot or - if Nabakov or the D commit to him - a chance to pass to the open man parked in front.

You HAVE to make that call.

If you are the Isles, kill the penalty.

I mean seriously - what's next? Trip a guy on a break away because "hey - you just don't make that call in OT"???

Edited by B21
  • Like 1

Golfed 36 holes today, just finished watching the game. Physical game by both teams, gotta love the hitting. The penalty in OT? That comes down to who you are rooting for, or in most cases here, who you hate more. He took his hands off his stick and reached accross with his off hand to hold him, that's been called all year.

• Like 1

Golfed 36 holes today, just finished watching the game. Physical game by both teams, gotta love the hitting. The penalty in OT? That comes down to who you are rooting for, or in most cases here, who you hate more. He took his hands off his stick and reached accross with his off hand to hold him, that's been called all year.

But but but...they aren't supposed to call any penalties in OT!! Who cares if he fell backwards....he dove. And JR and Milbury said so. ;)

Haters gonna hate.

But but but...they aren't supposed to call any penalties in OT!! Who cares if he fell backwards....he dove. And JR and Milbury said so. ;)

Haters gonna hate.

That plus the old, just let em play argument just kill me. People don't want to see that called in OT, saying its the Refs deciding the games, but if you don't call penalties like that, the the Ref's are deciding the game by letting that stuff go. Hey let's just let em play, and just tackle any one when the get near the goal.

• Like 2

Watching game 3 with the Isles up 2-0 I say to myself, if the Isles hang on to win this game they actually have a chance in this series, if they lose this game, that's the series.

Then The Isles take 2 stupid penalties for the 5-3. I say if the Isle kill this, they win the game, if the Pens score, they lose the game and the series.

Bang, bang. Tie game. Series over. Pens in 5, maybe 6 if the Isles get really lucky.

well as we saw it turned out a little different - a little. Still ends 2-1 Pens but I thought the Isles showed a lot of fight. If Naby and their PK in general could find another gear...I mean it took 3 Pens' PP goals to win this thing in OT - and 1 of them was a 5 on 3. So I don't count the Isles out - not at all, esp if Fleury keeps playing the same way he is.

But they best not breathe on Crosby because that's an Auto PP apparently...So another Pens' game ends with a b.s. call in OT...what a surprise...Zzzzzzzzzzz....

You may not believe this but I wouldn't cry FOUL if Giroux went down the same way and they didn't call it. A half-ass hand-check and Crosby's skates go out from under him...what a classy guy. PUKE.

But they best not breathe on Crosby because that's an Auto PP apparently...So another Pens' game ends with a b.s. call in OT...what a surprise...Zzzzzzzzzzz....

You may not believe this but I wouldn't cry FOUL if Giroux went down the same way and they didn't call it. A half-ass hand-check and Crosby's skates go out from under him...what a classy guy. PUKE.

You're right. We don't believe you. Another correct call that results in the Pens taking advantage of the ensuing PP and the usual suspects are whining about it.

Which means...it must have been the correct call when you take that and throw in some whine from JR and Milbury.

well as we saw it turned out a little different - a little. Still ends 2-1 Pens but I thought the Isles showed a lot of fight. If Naby and their PK in general could find another gear...I mean it took 3 Pens' PP goals to win this thing in OT - and 1 of them was a 5 on 3. So I don't count the Isles out - not at all, esp if Fleury keeps playing the same way he is.

That's some funny stuff, how many times did they hit Crosby, Malkin and Letang today, Answer, everytime they could. Its ok, that's what their supposed to do, hit em, get em off their games, finish their checks. No one complained. One causes a penalty, and we listen to, 'OHHHH, you can 't hit Cindy, waaaaaaaah'. Really?

• Like 1