Stars new Logo

Guest hf101

13 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Dislike

Apparently the new logo design was leaked before the planned date of June 4th. The yellow which has been a part of the color scheme since the North Stars began in 1967 has been dropped for silver.

dallas+logo.jpg

source

@flyercanuck

If a team does it right it, is a way to increase revenue via merchandise sales.

I imagine both the logos find their way onto each sweater, I can see the circular one on the front of the road jersey with the star patch on the sleeve and the reverse at home like the way tha SA Spurs just have the spur and the number on their home greys.

I think it's a decent design, and do not miss the yellow at all, for a long time I've thought that the stars green sweater was a mess, I much preferred the alternate in spite of it being black.

I wonder when the flying P gets a refresh ? I know it was tried prior to the whole season lock out and was horrendous looking.

@hf101

I've never understood teams that change their logo...it's part of their identity. Come up with a good one right off the bat and stick with it.

So which one is their new logo? Both of them????

Both of them I believe. I can see why the Stars are changing. New revenues in a market that has struggled recently. I think last year as well they were under new ownership, and now new management too.

The other thing which makes sense in this case by removing the yellow is adding distinction of the team now from the past ties to the North Stars.

I think it's a decent design, and do not miss the yellow at all, for a long time I've thought that the stars green sweater was a mess, I much preferred the alternate in spite of it being black.

Yeah, I agree, I liked the black alternate the best.

Both of them I believe. I can see why the Stars are changing. New revenues in a market that has struggled recently. I think last year as well they were under new ownership, and now new management too.

The other thing which makes sense in this case by removing the yellow is adding distinction of the team now from the past ties to the North Stars.

The new logo also seems to be more in line with that "other" Dallas team logo....I am not sure they will ever garner the hate that goes with the other star....

I liked this one much better.200px-Minnesota_North_Stars_Logo_2.svg.png

Yeah yeah yeah the 70's were an awesome time for design... I'm on my I pad and therefore do not have access to sarcasm ninja.

The "N" logo doesn't work for Texas and yellow doesn't work for hockey.

The old stars sweater was an abomination, of the same magnitude of the late 70’s Houston Astros or Chicago White Sox.

Yeah yeah yeah the 70's were an awesome time for design... I'm on my I pad and therefore do not have access to sarcasm ninja.

The "N" logo doesn't work for Texas and yellow doesn't work for hockey.

The old stars sweater was an abomination, of the same magnitude of the late 70’s Houston Astros or Chicago White Sox.

Come on now, I know that you know that I know there's no N in Dallas....what I was actually inferring was that I liked it better when the Dallas Stars were the Minnesota North Stars....but come to think of it do like the N logo better, everything was better were you were a young lad, whether it actually was or not.

I liked the Baltimore Colts' logo better when they were in Baltimore, even though it didn't change when they went to Indianapolis.

Come on now, I know that you know that I know there's no N in Dallas....what I was actually inferring was that I liked it better when the Dallas Stars were the Minnesota North Stars....but come to think of it do like the N logo better, everything was better were you were a young lad, whether it actually was or not.

I liked the Baltimore Colts' logo better when they were in Baltimore, even though it didn't change when they went to Indianapolis.

Didja have to go there with the colts ? sniff, still too soon for me....

The North Stars logo isn't all that bad, I get what you were saying now, but before here was your point .

And here was me so, sorry 'bout that.

As for that KC Scouts logo, there are good elements in it, but you are right, I hate it , it's too busy. LOL

Ah its all good, we're just having fun. As far as the Colts, it'll always feel like i swallowed a brick every time i think about it. Alotta great memories from Memorial Stadium, but that would be another thread entirely.....

• Like 1

Love the new Stars logo, a really nice improvement. They just didn't do it right when the moved from Minnesota, they have now righted that wrong, took a few decades, but what the hey. Wonder if this is Nill's idea, a nice new fresh start for a pretty solid team, fan base wise anyways. Don't think they were drawing like they did during their playoff years (is it 5 straight years of missing the playoffs now, if not, pretty close).

That classic North Stars logo was one of the all time greats in my opinion.

As far as alternates go, I fell in love with these last year, beautiful 3rd jersey's if I ever saw one.

Minnesota-Wild-Reebok-Child-Replica-%2846X%29-Alternate-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-N8385_XL.jpg

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 1

@sarsippius

see, this /\ now that is a great look for a hockey sweater.

the Green and Cream love the script font and the dash of red.

I think the wild logo goes on the shoulder, ties it all together, still gives a nod to the old days with the color, really a classic looking layout.

@sarsippius

see, this /\ now that is a great look for a hockey sweater.

the Green and Cream love the script font and the dash of red.

I think the wild logo goes on the shoulder, ties it all together, still gives a nod to the old days with the color, really a classic looking layout.

A little plain but I like it, a bit of a nod to 50's style. But man there's something about gaudy eye- burning bright colors that don't match that only the 70's can bring. ;)