East Conference Final: Penguins vs Bruins

hf101

1. 1. Who will be the Eastern Conference Champion?

• Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7

I know it may be crazy, but I'm going with Pens in 5. The playoffs are a different animal than the regular season... blah blah blah... but the fact of the matter is the Pens front line talents are pretty well ahead of any lines the Booins have to throw out there. The Booins are dependent on solid defense, and the Pens have solved Rask pretty much every time we've played him. Not big scores, mind you.. but enough to win. The only advantage the Booins have in the head to head matchup is in defense, but only by a hair. I think this series will be shorter than expected by most.

@Polaris922 I see it the same way, I have the Pens in 6. To much firepower for the Bruins to handle. Blysma is a smart coach, he will win the line matching contest with Claude Julien. Bruins have the edge in goal, other than that...the Pens depth at forward is staggering. Both squads have won the cup in recent history, both teams know what it takes to win....but still think there will be a mix and mash of 2-1 games thrown in with some 7-6 sillyness.

Both teams have been getting outstanding play from their respective 4th lines. I give a slight edge to the Thornton and Paillie line. Both 4th lines will play bigger than normal minutes, making this series a true battle of depth. This series might just be the Dougie Hamilton coming out party....think he will bag both the game winners for the Bruins.

I don't see the huge talent disparity that @Polaris922 does, but i do think the Pens are the team to beat.

There are good match-ups all over this series, Bergeron vs Crosby, the Krejci line vs Malkin's line, as @jammer2 mentioned the 4th lines for both teams are not your typical 4th lines.

I think Brendan Morrow is the key to this series he's been sort of quiet to this point, I think this will be a physical series and he will be a guy that rises to the occasion.

I say Pens in a very entertaining 7 games.

@B21 ... my my are you really afraid of running afoul the hockey gods ? where's all the bravado ? your false modesty is unbecoming.

Edited by mojo1917

@B21 ... my my are you really afraid of running afoul the hockey gods ? where's all the bravado ? your false modesty is unbecoming.

Put it this way...I've often picked my team and/or thought there was no way they were going to lose. When I did....

Francisco Canbrera singled in Sid "Knee Brace" Bream in the bottom of the 9th in Game 7.

David Volek slapped on past Tom Barasson in Game 7.

Tim McKyer does his best burnt toast impression.

Scottie Reynolds goes coast to coast hitting the winner as time expired in an Elite 8 game.

Tim Tebow throws for 300+ yards included an 80 yard TD pass in OT.

Etc. Etc.

• Like 1

Francisco Canbrera singled in Sid "Knee Brace" Bream in the bottom of the 9th in Game 7.

Man i really liked that Bucos team...too bad for them Atlanta was always in the way. Drabek, Lind, Van Slyke, Bonds Bonilla... wow

I get it, just busting your chops a little, at least your team is in the tournament.

would love to see the Bruins in 7.....however, Pens have too much fire power especially on the PP. This series will be brutal and physical...but the Pens will go to the SCF in 7........

I would love for the Bruins to win and set up an original six finals, but the Penguins in six s my pick.

Big reason is Iginla, the Bruns thought they had im in the bag and Shero sniped them like a vet on Ebay. Best GM in the game added Jokinen, Iggie, Murray and Morrow, after getting Vokoun and Sutter in the offseason. Too much depth, too many ways they can beat you. I am rooting for the Bruins but unless Vokoun quits with his Mike Vernon impersonation the Bruins don't have enough to keep up.

• Like 1