Avs to pass on Jones?

Guest bags2

The Denver Post is reporting that the Colorado Avalanche (1st pick) intend to pass on drafting Portland Winterhawks defenseman Seth Jones, and intend to go with either Mackinnon, Drouin, or Barkov with their first pick.

So what do you guys think? Smokescreen? Looking for a trading partner? Link is down below.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_23489308/avalanche-pass-seth-jones-take-forward-joe-sakic

Edited by bags2

@flyercanuck

That's true all the way down to # 5 this year.

I thought this year was supposed to be a poor draft class, at least that is what I remember people saying last year.

I wonder if Ekblad and Mc David will be in the same draft, that could wind up being a franchise altering draft for 2 clubs.

McDavid isn't eligible til 2015 draft. Sam Reinhart will battle it out with Ekblad for next years #1.

And ya, you wouldn't even mind picking 3rd 4th or 5th this year. This should go down as a top 5 draft class alltime.

Edited by flyercanuck

@Podein25 I'm not sure, but Landeskog might be eventually be a winger so McKinnon and Duschene can be the one-two punch down the middle, if only because Lands is so much more physical than Matt, so the switch to winger be a lot more natual for a guy with a wicked build like Lands. Either way, they are gonna have some scary elite top 6 talent on that team, it's a great problem to have!

@Podein25 I suppose Duchesne could turn into a winger, I just thought with Lands huge size and strength he could dig for pucks and continue the cycle longer than Matt. If I'm not mistaken, I think yahoo gave them both LW elegibility last year, as well as C, so maybe either one could make the switch.