Will Briere play for the Sabres again?

Buffalo Rick

I know Briere likes the fans in Buffalo. And those he had a problem with are now gone. Number one, would Darcy forgive him? Would the fans ever forgive him? Does he have any gas left in the tank? He certainly had some magic with Thomas Vanek. So who knows. I would imagine he would prefer to go to the Sabres over many other options. Maybe I wont toss my Briere plaque in the River just yet

I think it would be good to bring him back for the lockeroom, however I can't see Briere wanting to come back after the mess of the 07 offseason.

I think Pegula may have an edge on that, being a different owner from the one who screwed it up.

I think Danny always had a fondness for Buffalo. Not sure he fits into the "youth movement/rebuild" idea of Regier. But it doesn't really appear that Pegula is on board with the direction of his GM, either...

@Hockey Junkie

I think he could play for the Sabres. I think it is more likely though he will end up with the Islanders or Devils.

Perhaps he will join Lindy in Dallas? Or are you basing it on his home? I do not think he would ever play for the Islanders. He has a better chance to win in Buffalo than on the Island. But I doubt Regier would go there

@Hockey Junkie

Yeah, I'm basing this on his home. Briere stated that his home is in Philadelphia. That his kids will be staying. Thus a team of proximity to Philly will probably be his first choice.

I think the Devils have probably the greatest need for a top 6 winger however based upon the style of play the Islanders might be a better fit.

@Hockey Junkie

Yeah, I'm basing this on his home. Briere stated that his home is in Philadelphia. That his kids will be staying. Thus a team of proximity to Philly will probably be his first choice.

I think the Devils have probably the greatest need for a top 6 winger however based upon the style of play the Islanders might be a better fit.

Buffalo's a six hour drive (especially from the swanky Southtowns) and just about an hour long plane ride.

It's certainly not out of the question, but flies in the face of the youth/rebuilding that they claim(ed?) to be embarking upon.

Briere might enjoy the opportunity to play against the Flyers more often, however...

I think Lou is to smart to take on Briere and his outright refusal to play defense. If you don't play an aggressive brand of defense, you generally don't play for Lou, Kovy notwithstanding.....ha ha.

• Like 1

I think Lou is to smart to take on Briere and his outright refusal to play defense. If you don't play an aggressive brand of defense, you generally don't play for Lou, Kovy notwithstanding.....ha ha.

Yeah, when NJ was mentioned that was my immediate thought: A guy who plays no defense on a team that ONLY plays defense. No. DC or Islanders (outside maybe at Pittsburgh since they can get to the playoffs but need someone who will show up once they do)