Schneider reportedly to be moved by Canucks

Samifan

At this point I think Mason has as good a chance as Schneider of being a good goalie on the Flyers. Basically what I'm saying is, if the team plays in front of him, he'll be fine. I'd rather use our #11 and then hope we can get Fucale somehow someway later on in the first.

• Like 4

TSN is reporting he is on the block with the Nucks looking for a 1st round pick and top prospect going back.

Thoughts?

So they're keeping Luongo???

Hey, if Schneider is available, kick the tires on that deal.

I am kind of hoping for Risto @ 11 and let him be brought into the fold playing across from Timmo( who should not be expected to play top line minutes every game). It would definitely help communication wise. 4 mil is a lot for a guy who is not even slotted to be the "regular" starter re Broduer type numbers...

Edited by flyerrod

I can confirm that luongo wants no part of playing for the Canucks again. Even if Schneider gets dealt. His agent has told him that the Schneider thing is true, but he has not once been approached by Gillis about staying here.

This would be a monumentally stupid move by the Nucks. When Schneider is on, he is dominating. There was this wicked stretch last season where he let in 2 goals in six games or something close. If he goes on a run like that in the playoffs, they will be real, real hard to beat. You don't give up on a young goalie that is showing signs of being dominating like that. He has not reached his peak, so the Nucks are gonna deal him, let him reach his prime for someone else after going through all the groing pains....stupid.

• Like 2

Seems to me that the Canucks should just look to trade Luongo on the cheap. It's either that or amnesty him, but it seems like they don't have the cash to do that (unlike the Flyers).

They simply waited too long, and now the other GM's know that they have Vancouver over a barrel. Why trade any real assets when you can just sign him on the cheap if they amnesty him?

Seems to me that the Canucks should just look to trade Luongo on the cheap. It's either that or amnesty him, but it seems like they don't have the cash to do that (unlike the Flyers).

They simply waited too long, and now the other GM's know that they have Vancouver over a barrel. Why trade any real assets when you can just sign him on the cheap if they amnesty him?

Every GM in the league knows the tension up there with Luongo. Every GM also knows he will never play for Van again, they will buy him out. And then Luongo value will be somewhere 2-3 years @ 4 million, versus his 6+ cap hit. And it wouldn't cost a player or prospect.

• Like 1

Every GM in the league knows the tension up there with Luongo. Every GM also knows he will never play for Van again, they will buy him out. And then Luongo value will be somewhere 2-3 years @ 4 million, versus his 6+ cap hit. And it wouldn't cost a player or prospect.

Soooo, we can expect Homer to give up his second for exclusive negotiating rights before the buy out period ends? ha ha.

• Like 1

I have spoken to Luongo, several times. He follows me on twitter and we dm quite frequently. As it stands Schneider is in play. But he also told me he doesn't care and does not want to play here anymore. He is pissed at how he's been handled. According the him Gillis has never once approached him regarding staying here and moving Schneider either.

There's also a sweet rumour, which in my opinion is true if you know anything about the guy and his exploits that Ryan Kesler banged Cory Schneider's fiance.

Take it for what it's worth, I'm aware you'll probably call bullshit on me, but I have no reason to make any of this up.

I have spoken to Luongo, several times. He follows me on twitter and we dm quite frequently. As it stands Schneider is in play. But he also told me he doesn't care and does not want to play here anymore. He is pissed at how he's been handled. According the him Gillis has never once approached him regarding staying here and moving Schneider either.

There's also a sweet rumour, which in my opinion is true if you know anything about the guy and his exploits that Ryan Kesler banged Cory Schneider's fiance.

Take it for what it's worth, I'm aware you'll probably call bullshit on me, but I have no reason to make any of this up.

ah good stuff B2B, So there is more going on than just a need for new coaching.

We really don't get enough of this interesting stuff here. ;)

One would think you would try to trade Kesler and keep Schneider.

At some point ownership has to realize they made a mistake with the long contract and cut ties with Luongo. Why pay him to sit and rot on the bench? Unless they are trying to minimize his options by waiting for the last minute, but wow... that sets a bad precedence for signing FA's.

This would be a monumentally stupid move by the Nucks. When Schneider is on, he is dominating. There was this wicked stretch last season where he let in 2 goals in six games or something close. If he goes on a run like that in the playoffs, they will be real, real hard to beat. You don't give up on a young goalie that is showing signs of being dominating like that. He has not reached his peak, so the Nucks are gonna deal him, let him reach his prime for someone else after going through all the groing pains....stupid.

Guess this turned out a little different?

So who lets Luongo? Flyers in play? Does Luongo take a discount of $3-4m to get out of a bad situation? Good example of be careful of what you wish for....

There's also a possibility the Canucks move bothh goalies and try to start fresh and go after a guy like Smith in free agency.

So......looks like this is that then, I can't possibly imagine that management envisions Luongo playing. Stunning to see them cut ties with both goalies.

@sarsippius So the wise Devils pass on the unproven kid and get their successor to Brodeur. Shows the strength of this draft when it costs a #1 franchise goalie to just creep into the top 10 at #9....that's a big price to pay. Smart move by Lou, that's why he's the best. Gonna SUCK having Schneider in our divison for the next decade...he will be a major thorn in our side!!

• Like 1