hockeyBuzz reports Coburn & # 11 to Oilers for Paajarvi &# 7

Guest Mario99

HF101 Don't think Zach Fucale lasts til second round, TSN was saying Sabres, Oilers and Devils might pull trigger on a Goalie

Fucale might go there

Acquiring the Oilers two 2nd rounders would take them out of the picture. Neither NJ nor Buffalo are going to pull the trigger on Fucale in the 1st round (unless they trade down), and this deal would give the Flyers the highest pick of the 3 teams in the 2nd. I think this may just be what Homer is thinking.

Earl, Mallcolm Subban went in first round last year 24th overall I think, and Fucale is a better goalie prospect than Subban

I hear ya. I'm not saying Fucale couldn't go mid to late 1st round, just that he'd be a big reach in the 1st for any of the teams you named. Of course, if they really like him, they can trade down and get him later, but they'd have to REALLY like him to trade out of a top-ten pick in this draft.

I don't think Fucale goes before the 20th pick or so, that would be a reach in this loaded draft. I can see somebody like the Devils giving up a 2nd and prospect to get back into the late first to snag him.

Pilldoc, he's big 6-3 210 lbs and fast very fast and young 21, only thing is hasn't lived up to his skill level yet Oliers

Might be getting impatient with him dont know, but kid is very very fast skater with skills

Pilldoc, he's big 6-3 210 lbs and fast very fast and young 21, only thing is hasn't lived up to his skill level yet Oliers

Might be getting impatient with him dont know, but kid is very very fast skater with skills

It almost looks as if Paajarvi is a Read replacement....as possibly part of a different trade. ie Read for Halak ??

I'm still trying to figure out what the trade is? Coburn and the 11th for the 7th and MPS? Or for 2-2nds and the 7th? Or MPS and 2-2nds?

Yeah, Coburn's value doesn't seem to match imo. Coburn for Paajarvi and picks makes more sense.

@hf101

I don't get how trading a defenceman for an underachieving forward is helping the team out.

It doesn't on the surface. But this may be a deal to set the table for a different trade to manipulate cap? Who really knows...

But it's interesting witht his Parajavi guy. Drafted 10th overall, made the team the next year, played 80 games and scored 34 points. Not terrible for a rookie, actually. Then played only 40 games in the 2012-13 season and seemed to have regressed. Not sure what happened to him. Was he injured? Or just took some steps back?

In either case, I am not sure why would the Flyers have any interest in him.

Edited by Mad Dog

@hf101

I don't get how trading a defenceman for an underachieving forward is helping the team out.

Agree. Unless Read is in play for a different d-man or goalie? Possibly Paajarvi is a Read replacement? We do have a surplus of d-men. Mez basically can't be traded. Maybe something was noticed last spring when the team played better when Coburn went out with an injury?

@hf101 Everyone keeps saying we should never trade our d-men. Seems like a lot of people forgot that our d never looked as good as when the replacement guys like Oliver were inserted at the end of the year. We need to make room in our top 6 for Oliver, he looked ready. On a team that is up against the cap, it seems like an obvious play to trade one of the top 6 to give Oliver a spot he deserves.

• Like 2