Flyer Interest in Horton?

Maybe it's just me but I think Horton would be a much better fit than Vinny. We don't need another center. Horton is a tough, skilled RW, He would be a nice fit with G. Hopefully this Vinny thing is all smoke and Horton is the real target.

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me but I think Horton would be a much better fit than Vinny. We don't need another center. Horton is a tough, skilled RW, He would be a nice fit with G. Hopefully this Vinny thing is all smoke and Horton is the real target.

I don't want either to be honest...

• Like 4

At 6mil a year is his reported asking price. Too much for my liking so a past from me, he is gritty and all but not doesn't have a goal scorer skill that we are seeking to play with G. We have gritty forwards in Hartnell and Simmonds already.

Hmmm, physical player who's really starting to exhibit injury problems. Wants $6 million a year. Pass. I love the guys game...but those injuries are starting to become common.

Yeah he's already won a cup so he's just looking for the payday add that to injury problems/flyer's bad luck...i'll pass!!!!!!

Saw somewhere he is asking for 6 years/$36 million. Doesn't matter if the holy trinity of Ed/Lukko/Homer would sell their first born to get him. They need to move some serious cash to fit that number under the cap as they currently sit.

And even if they do...don't want him.

Initially he was my top target if we went the free agent route but I have changed my thinking due to what he is asking and his injury history.

My top target would be David Clarkson of the Devils now, I would think he might sign for $5m for 3 years (last contract was for 3 million). Cap friendly hit for a guy who will add more physicality and size to the wings and weaken an opponent in the process. I think he fills a need with a right handed shot, size, intensity and is a much better fit and more reliable than Vinny or Horton

What are your thoughts on Clarkson and what do you think it would take to sign him? I would imagine he would be highly sought after.

What are your thoughts on Clarkson and what do you think it would take to sign him? I would imagine he would be highly sought after.

I hate him on the Devils I hate his crazy eyed intensity, I hate that he's willing to take a beating in front of the net and still keeps his stick down... i'd love for him to be a flyer, adding him to hartnell and simmer ? add Tye Ginn to that mix and we have a pretty big and tough presence up front. all those guys have enough skill that it's not goon city either.

he's going to be 30, i'd love for him to be a flyer. we may have to move someone to accommodate his contract which would i imagine be in the hartnell range salary wise with perhaps a shorter term (ideally) but i think he makes us way harder to play against. i would definitely contact his agent.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1