Who are some of the dirtiest players you can think of?

Guest JR Ewing

Graham James get my vote as one of the top scum bags of hockey. What the hell is wrong with Canadian justice system granting this monster a pardon?

Pedophiles never change. Graham James will commit the same awful acts when given the chance. Having said that, the justice system in Canada, (and the US) have to follow the law when dealing with such deviants. That consideration protects all of us.

And, I think that peter puck has correctly identified the "top scum bags of hockey". Graham James tops anybody's list.

• Like 1

@flyercanuck I don't want to get into a great debate either, but I do think that people that kill cops while committing a crime should face the death penalty. There needs to be more deterrents to insure police officers get to go home every night to their families. If it's totally clear cut and on tape, if irrefutable evidence, they should die. Just my 2 cents. For instance, in my Canada, a disgusting crime like Paul Bernado and Karla Homolka committed would be a death sentence. They got caught on tape, so it's irrefutable, tax payers should not be footing the bill for them. Now we find out Homolka got a sweetheart deal and Paul is applying to a minimum security prison, where they have actual condos for prisoners....DISGUSTING!!!

I actually agree.

Not to get into politics here, but when it is a "no chance this is an error" kinda case with Bernardo, and his videos he kept of himself raping innocent 13-14 year old girls and then murdering them......

I don't want my tax dollars paying a guy to watch him in prison, I want him dead.

I honestly feel like the penalty for Rape and child molestation(Without murder) should be castration. The laws we have are really not harsh enough to be a deterent. We see serial rapists who raped 10 people get out in 3-4 years. Christ, they should do 3-4 years per person with no chance of parole.

• Like 1

@jammer2

Damn, I didn't want to get into this. I'm not against the death penalty in certain circumstances. I just brought the point up that innocent people have been put to death, which is obviously no better than pardoning someone who I'd have no problem if the cops took him out in the country and buried him up to his head in an anthill.

• 3 weeks later...

The missing link has assault charges dropped after the victim....er, um, dies drowning. Still faces disturbing the peace charges. Gaetz is currently in custody in Alberta on unrelated charges. The more things change, the more they stay the same, huh?

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/09/10/link-gaetz-former-nhl-enforcer-avoids-assault-charge

My list in no particular order:

1) Tucker (Tronno Days)

2) Domi (Tronno Days)

3) Avery (always, but more so with the Rangers)

4) Briere (with his stick work) (Philly days)

5) Pronger (St. Louis days)

6) Scott Stevens (always and forever a dirtbag)

7) Hatcher (Dallas days)

8) Barnaby (always)

9) Carcillo (he is so dirty that his grandchildren will wake up one day with dirt under thier nails)

10) Kasparaitis (more so with the Rangers)

11) McSorley (goes without saying)

12) Matt Cook (queue Polaris in 3..2...1.)

• 4 years later...