SHOOOOOOOOOOOT!

sekkes85

I think I have attended my last Flyers game (at least for awhile).  I'm sorry but I can't stand fans at the game.  The constant yelling of shoot when there is literally NO shooting lane, the bashing of refs for making/not making calls (I'd say 95% of the time they are calling the game correctly), and the overall ignorance of the game.  There are so many sensible, knowledgeable fans but those ignorant ones sure do ruin a good thing.

Maybe it's just because it was the home opener and most of the people there had a blood alcohol level well above the legal limit, but this was bad!

This picture was from a pre-season game I attended and this guy was yelling ref you suck even after awarding us a power play!!!!  

1234338_10100565313309708_1039412934_n.j

Sekkes:

My attendance at Panthers games is limited in part, because I have no emotional attachment, but in part due to the bad behavior.  And I am sick of having people show late for the game, disrupt the first 10 minutes of each period due to long food breaks, etc. My NHL Center Ice is a bargain all around. But I am sorry to hear about your issues just the same. It is a sign of the times.

Peace,

Howie

I think that's the way to do it Howie.  The energy and feel of going to games is amazing.  Hockey is by far the best sport (in my some-what biased opinion lol) to see live.    It's almost like you need a group of friends to rent out a club box though to avoid a lot of the not so fun parts about attending games.

This picture was from a pre-season game I attended and this guy was yelling ref you suck even after awarding us a power play!

That reminds me of a guy named Bob.  Bob built dozens of bridges.  Do they call him Bob the Bridge Builder?  Nope.  But suck just one c--k, and it's Bob the C--ksucker for life.

I was watching the game on TV and one young fan in the corner would stand on his seat, lean over the seats in front of him to beat on the glass.   Why do that?  It's not a freaking fish tank.

• Like 1

I think I have attended my last Flyers game (at least for awhile).  I'm sorry but I can't stand fans at the game.  The constant yelling of shoot when there is literally NO shooting lane, the bashing of refs for making/not making calls (I'd say 95% of the time they are calling the game correctly), and the overall ignorance of the game.  There are so many sensible, knowledgeable fans but those ignorant ones sure do ruin a good thing.

Maybe it's just because it was the home opener and most of the people there had a blood alcohol level well above the legal limit, but this was bad!

This picture was from a pre-season game I attended and this guy was yelling ref you suck even after awarding us a power play!!!!  

Sometimes they yell shoot when the player the puck is being passed to hasn't even touched it yet.

@sekkes85  "The constant yelling of shoot when there is literally NO shooting lane"

One of my real pet peeves. I hate when fans yell that when there is obviously no shooting lane, it's neanderthalicly  stupid at best. Some fans do it every time their team has the puck, even at center ice!!  I just wish these types of fans would leave and never come back. It really does reck the whole experience of attending the games. Ditto for yelling at the ref for legit calls. I see WAY to much of that, just blatant homerism at it's finest. It's got a bit better in the OHL, cause they stopped putting the officals name on their jerseys. If you don't hear it at the start, or recognize him from previous games, you just have to yell "ref"

Unfortunately we have to endure this at every game. I've been all over the place and this doesn't just happen at Flyers games. You have certain types of people who attend these games. Knowledgeable hockey fans, Fans who play hockey, people who like hockey but don't know the scientific dynamics of the game (People who yell shoot) and those people looking for a boxing match but got lost.

It's hard to deal with, but you have to deal with them. Philly is the worst for "shoot." Pittsburgh is the worst for thinking everything is a penalty. Boston, they want everyone to hit everyone. The don't even care about the shooting.  NYI, they just want to see some good hockey where it's not a blowout against them. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately we have to endure this at every game. I've been all over the place and this doesn't just happen at Flyers games. You have certain types of people who attend these games. Knowledgeable hockey fans, Fans who play hockey, people who like hockey but don't know the scientific dynamics of the game (People who yell shoot) and those people looking for a boxing match but got lost.

It's hard to deal with, but you have to deal with them. Philly is the worst for "shoot." Pittsburgh is the worst for thinking everything is a penalty. Boston, they want everyone to hit everyone. The don't even care about the shooting.  NYI, they just want to see some good hockey where it's not a blowout against them. 

Well stated!  Pretty much sums up the gist of the post.  I personally try to make a couple of AHL games a year here in Hershey. The prices are cheaper, the traffic is better, I can be home in about 30 mins, pretty family friendly for the most part and you get to see the future stars of the NHL.  Oh and yes the hockey for the most part is pretty good.  Cheers!

• Like 1