Pass me a Molson please!

Buffalo Rick

Two goals already for Moulson and the Sabres have cut Dallas's lead from 4-1 to 4-3.   I think Lindy may want to get out of Dodge?  Darcy is starting to look pretty good.  Now maybe he will trade Miller and get two more firrst rounders.   Buffalo may have the first 5 picks in next years draft.   LOL

Two goals already for Moulson and the Sabres have cut Dallas's lead from 4-1 to 4-3. I think Lindy may want to get out of Dodge? Darcy is starting to look pretty good. Now maybe he will trade Miller and get two more firrst rounders. Buffalo may have the first 5 picks in next years draft. LOL

And you were mad at us for suggesting a Vanek trade...

And you were mad at us for suggesting a Vanek trade...

Now wait just a minute. I was not mad.  Furious.  Ha.  I am not saying anything against Thomas.  Only saying the kid came to town one night after his whole life was turned upside down and he has responded in a positive way.  When you get traded you have to uproot your family, move your kids, and you know what I mean.  But maybe he is young enough not to have such problems?  Not sure?  I know Vanek is married but most likely his wife is in Austria or at least they probably spend the off season there.  So far it appears they got a good player to go with their ever growing collection of picks.  The question is how deep will the draft be?  And I am not sure how the NHL system works right now?  Lottery?  Another discussion for another day.   As I type this game is heating up.  Cannot say the Sabres have quit.  I think its safe to say Stafford will be gone after this season if not sooner.  Oh man, Moulson almost got another one.

Two goals already for Moulson and the Sabres have cut Dallas's lead from 4-1 to 4-3. I think Lindy may want to get out of Dodge? Darcy is starting to look pretty good. Now maybe he will trade Miller and get two more firrst rounders. Buffalo may have the first 5 picks in next years draft. LOL

Man, gotta love his first game, huh?

@Hockey Junkie

Darcy is starting to look prety good? He built the mess they're in. With his own hands. As bad as the Sabres are, it's all on Regier.

That said, it's a good trade for them. They weren't getting a better package than they did for Vanek and he was gone after this year. Now do they keep Moulson or trade for more pick/prospects?

Now do they keep Moulson or trade for more pick/prospects?

I would suspect the game plan was to trade him, and may still be.   And my own knee-jerk is "trade him for more assets."

But what do you think?  At some point you have to have someone on your team, right?

@ruxpin

I agree at some point you have to have someone. But I believe Moulson will be traded, as will Miller. I think Buffalo is in FULL rebuild mode, and their main target is Connor McDavid two drafts down the road. For that they have to throw all ballast, luggage AND some passengers overboard. 

• Like 1

@ruxpin

I agree at some point you have to have someone. But I believe Moulson will be traded, as will Miller. I think Buffalo is in FULL rebuild mode, and their main target is Connor McDavid two drafts down the road. For that they have to throw all ballast, luggage AND some passengers overboard. 

Shouldn't they have a string quartet playing "Nearer My God, to Thee" or "Autumn" or something?

Moulson is playing for his next contract and will be a good soldier as long as he is in Buffalo. He will do and say the right things but I would be shocked if he agreed to sign a deal there long term. I think he knows in the back of his mind that he will get flipped by the deadline.

Moulson is playing for his next contract and will be a good soldier as long as he is in Buffalo. He will do and say the right things but I would be shocked if he agreed to sign a deal there long term. I think he knows in the back of his mind that he will get flipped by the deadline.

I do not agree with this statement at all.  I think we will offer him a contract.  He is married with young kids. He does not want to keep moving.   

I do not agree with this statement at all.  I think we will offer him a contract.  He is married with young kids. He does not want to keep moving.   

You know, he's kind of "you rang, sir?" but she's pretty nice looking.  Her sister is married to Jonathan Quick, apparently.

Damn.  It's going to be THAT long?

Once again the Flyers keep pace with us.  Another one goal loss.  We are losing just about every game by one goal.  Hockey has an element of luck involved more so than the other three major sports.  No doubt,   And right now the Sabres and Flyers cannot buy a break

Rick - I believe you're 2 for 73 on your Flyer/Sabre predictions. You might want to lay off them for awhile.

The thing is, your boys are just sitting still.  They think they have the players obviously.  I will take our young roster over yours any day and wait for them to develope.  You know deep down inside I am right about this. 

Once again the Flyers keep pace with us. Another one goal loss. We are losing just about every game by one goal. Hockey has an element of luck involved more so than the other three major sports. No doubt, And right now the Sabres and Flyers cannot buy a break

I suppose. I haven't seen much of the Sabres. Saw none of their game tonight. So I can't comment on the Sabres game. But the flyers weren't about catching breaks. They stopped playing. They didn't even put themselves in a position to catch a break. I mean, they were kind of given a break with a penalty. against the Ducks at the end. Nothing.

They stopped doing what worked in the first period and then kind of stopped skating altogether.

If your assessment of the Sabres is accurate and honest, they may not end up in last place after all.

The thing is, your boys are just sitting still.  They think they have the players obviously.  I will take our young roster over yours any day and wait for them to develope.  You know deep down inside I am right about this. 

This, coming from a guy who freaked out all summer long when anyone dared say the Sabres should rebuild and make some trades for the future? You have Tyler friggin Ennis on the Sabres top pp....um, no...Flyers have the better talent. You have a few excellent prospects coming up like Risto etc, but the NHL level talent is not close. Sorry for this dose of reality.

You have also stated many times Miller is the best goalie in the entire NHL, will be interesting to see what he fetches if he indeed is the next coming of Ken Dryden....considering he is 33.

This, coming from a guy who freaked out all summer long when anyone dared say the Sabres should rebuild and make some trades for the future? You have Tyler friggin Ennis on the Sabres top pp....um, no...Flyers have the better talent. You have a few excellent prospects coming up like Risto etc, but the NHL level talent is not close. Sorry for this dose of reality.

You have also stated many times Miller is the best goalie in the entire NHL, will be interesting to see what he fetches if he indeed is the next coming of Ken Dryden....considering he is 33.

b-b-b-b-but, The Flyers!