Talbot is probably laughing his a*s off as we speak...

FD19372

Downie, 0 pts, -1, 17 PIMs, 10:24 TOI, carried out on a stretcher with a concussion, Flyers 29th overall

Talbot, 0 pts, 17:36 TOI, 75% faceoff %, Avalanche 1st overall

Yup, I'd say he's laughing.

I think last nights games clearly illustrates the trade.  Give away the Flyers best defensive forward no doubt helped yield some of the 7 goals against us.  And we got what was expected in the trade.... more penalty minutes.

I think last nights games clearly illustrates the trade.  Give away the Flyers best defensive forward no doubt helped yield some of the 7 goals against us.  And we got what was expected in the trade.... more penalty minutes.

and as I have made reference in another thread..this trade SHOULD NEVER have been made. It was a dumb move. Period!  Best Wishes Talbot.  Homer and Snider have NO effin clue on how to run an NHL franchise in today's modern NHL.

• Like 1

and as I have made reference in another thread..this trade SHOULD NEVER have been made. It was a dumb move. Period! Best Wishes Talbot. Homer and Snider have NO effin clue on how to run an NHL franchise in today's modern NHL.

But, but, but this is exactly what this team needs...

This was garbage from the start and now we essentially gave away talbot. Downie will be out the rest of the season the way it sounds. If you wanted energy than juat keep ******* MCGINN IN THE LINEUP!

• Like 2

This was garbage from the start and now we essentially gave away talbot. Downie will be out the rest of the season the way it sounds. If you wanted energy than juat keep ****** MCGINN IN THE LINEUP!

AGREED!!!  Tell me again why he was sent down...... (rolling my eyes)

This was garbage from the start and now we essentially gave away talbot. Downie will be out the rest of the season the way it sounds. If you wanted energy than juat keep ****** MCGINN IN THE LINEUP!

C'mon now! You know we had to give Rosehill a spot over McGinn! :facepalm:

Downie will be UFA after this season, Talbot wouldn't. That trade likely had a future plan for cap purposes as well as getting a younger guy. Plus, Talbot was playing like crap with the majority of the roster. Meh.

Did you really post that this morning? Your orange and black scythe doesn't really cut much, does it? ;)

I don't have a Max Talbot jersey or really give a rat's ass that the asset they hailed as stealing from the Penguins was dealt away, but do you really think Homer had more of a long term plan than re-signing Downie (if he "worked out") - who was more expensive than Talbot to begin with?

The cap's suppose to jump $4-6M next year - at least. The Flyers will would have had space regardless.

Beyond that I haven't seen anything resembling plan from Homer, who is the prototypical leaf on the wind when it comes to the roster - going whichever way the wind blows with little ability to control or guide the course.