Giroux snubs media

murraycraven

For all the Richards bashers out there our Clueless Captain G refused to speak to the media last night. Leaving his teammates to face the fire. While he slipped out the back door.

This just keeps getting worse.

Edited by murraycraven
  • Like 1

I dont think the press is destroying him honestly.  At least on twitter they are not... they are simply stating he would not address the media. 

I think Giroux needs to be the person that addresses the media after the game.  Like it or hate it that is part of the job.   After another bad loss and nearly rock bottom I dont think it is asking too much for Giroux to speak.

And yes, they are a joke but so its this Team and it's Captain.

What's he going to say? We need to turn this around, play a team game, flip a switch? Seriously, what is he going to say that is candid and honest to the media that will settle the fans? We all know Fast Eddie will  not allow him to speak candidly because that doesn't sit well with the delusional old turd. 

At this point, cheer for them to loose and hopefully for once finish first at something and win that damn lottery draft. 

"Before he left the building, Giroux and the Flyers held a 15-minute players-only meeting. After the meeting, Giroux was in an animated discussion outside the locker room with Ed Snider, the team's chairman and the guy who signed off on his eight-year, $66.2 million extension."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/Giroux-snubs-media-after-another-Flyers-loss.html#M90HqwWAGWtDjbMM.99

I dont think the press is destroying him honestly.  At least on twitter they are not... they are simply stating he would not address the media. 

I think Giroux needs to be the person that addresses the media after the game.  Like it or hate it that is part of the job.   After another bad loss and nearly rock bottom I dont think it is asking too much for Giroux to speak.

And yes, they are a joke but so its this Team and it's Captain.

Not destroying him?

Instead, the captain left it up to his teammates to explain another dreadful performance, one in which they barely tested 41-year-old goalie Martin Brodeur.

Good captains don't do that.

But there's no excuse for making your teammates be your mouthpiece.

This team has one win in its last five games. It was humiliated by Washington, 7-0. It squandered a win late against Carolina last time out. It has scored two goals in its last four games.

Did it need a players meeting? Sure.

Did it need its captain to abandon it? Hardly.

The person who holds this together is not the coach: It is the captain.

By word, by deed, by sacrifice, by accountability.

We know that Sir Robin, last night, lacked them all.

The team captain walked out. Just left the building. Left it for others to face the music after a 15-minute team meeting.

Giroux has accountability to his teammates not to walk away and he chose to do so. That’s a problem on a losing club. He’s about to make $66.2 million starting next season when his eight-year extension kicks in. He needs to stand up and answer questions.

I don't think it's unreasonable after addressing the media after each loss that piles up, and after trying to explain the same thing over and over for which they clearly don't know the answer (lack of offense), and then he has a meeting with Snider... I don't think it's unreasonable that Giroux was just so pissed off that he had to go clear his head. If he did it after the last loss, they would be skewering him just the same.

Giroux doesn't play for the media. They're an annoyance in his job description.

• Like 2

Not destroying him?

I don't think it's unreasonable after addressing the media after each loss that piles up, and after trying to explain the same thing over and over for which they clearly don't know the answer (lack of offense), and then he has a meeting with Snider... I don't think it's unreasonable that Giroux was just so pissed off that he had to go clear his head. If he did it after the last loss, they would be skewering him just the same.

Giroux doesn't play for the media. They're an annoyance in his job description.

Okay... I was talking about what I saw last night and did not see those quotes but let me play devil's advocate.  Honeslty, I want the captain to address the the game.  What good is it going to do running an hiding from questions?  Go out and give half-hearted answers for all I care but he is making the job tougher on himself.  There was a lesson to be learned from the whole Richards saga.  I could care less what he says but leaving is not going to help him - whether it is right or wrong.  

This is just another thing that is going to get piled on this team and they frankly dont need it now.  The need to focus on winning games and playing like an actual NHL Team.  Why add to the drama? 

Edited by murraycraven

I'm not gonna read too much into this just yet. However the fact of the matter is that this team is sinking quicker than the Titanic. Unlike in other sports, wearing the "C" in the NHL does mean something. We all know it was a mistake to anoint him Captain. Honestly what else is he suppose to say? we suck. We are not playing hard and my play this year is embarrassing.

I have a feeling this is gonna get much worse before it gets better......

After the meeting, Giroux was in an animated discussion outside the locker room with Ed Snider,

One can only wonder what this discussion was all about? Think Ed was telling him he was taking the C off his sweater to relieve some of the pressure G is under?

Okay... I was talking about what I saw last night and did not see those quotes but let me play devil's advocate. Honeslty, I want the captain to address the the game. What good is it going to do running an hiding from questions? Go out and give half-hearted answers for all I care but he is making the job tougher on himself. There was a lesson to be learned from the whole Richards saga. I could care less what he says but leaving is not going to help him - whether it is right or wrong.

This is just another thing that is going to get piled on this team and they frankly dont need it now. The need to focus on winning games and playing like an actual NHL Team. Why add to the drama?

Why add to the drama ??

Because sadly , be it right or wrong, that is the way our society is today. They demand insight and answers to everything. We as a society have put the media on a pediastal and with social media the way it is....everyone wants to break a story first. Not saying it is right. Just my observation.

• Like 2

One can only wonder what this discussion was all about? Think Ed was telling him he was taking the C off his sweater to relieve some of the pressure G is under?

Oh how would that be my Christmas wish! I know others on here have argued against it saying it would destroy what confidence he has left, but hey, I think he is low as he can go. I agree with others on here. Have no captain this year because quite frankly no one on this team deserves it right now.

@brelic

Totally agree.  I wouldn't talk either, because I would probably get in worse trouble and loose my cool lashing out against them.   I mean seriously, these interviews are painful enough just to watch with the same GD q's every time, let alone participate in.  Lets find out some players favorite colors n' shitt, what's in their ipods?

Naw, I give these guys a pass every time when it comes to charades like this.

• Like 2

I agree with the other comments. Captains are the chosen leaders of the team and are EXPECTED to be the front man with the team, refs and media. One of the reports I read said Giroux has been mute or MIA with the media the last two or three games. As team Captain, he has got to stand there and take it, as ridiculous as the questions get. Hell even if he stood there and said no comment, it would be better than skipping out the side entrance. He could have even pulled a Pronger and given sarcastic responses back to the media. Anything is better than what he chose to do last night.

@Samifan

"One can only wonder what this discussion was all about? Think Ed was telling him he was taking the C off his sweater to relieve some of the pressure G is under?"

That could be a good start. He could be telling him that he saved a bunch of money on his car insurance by switching to GEICO. 

It is however touching that the "best player in the world" is counseling the most delusional owner in all sports. 

Hate to say it and I do not agree with it at all, but mark my words Giroux will be moved before the contract extension kicks in. Which in my mind stinks and it just goes to show the state of this organization. 

Why add to the drama ??

Because sadly , be it right or wrong, that is the way our society is today. They demand insight and answers to everything. We as a society have put the media on a pediastal and with social media the way it is....everyone wants to break a story first. Not saying it is right. Just my observation.

C'mon Doc... stop with all of your reasonable logic!!! :D    I want answers damnit! :blink:

Hate to say it and I do not agree with it at all, but mark my words Giroux will be moved before the contract extension kicks in. Which in my mind stinks and it just goes to show the state of this organization.

Bert, do you really truly think that?   Man, would that be a cluster fudge of a situation.   Although, I could see it as well...  history is on our side.

C'mon Doc... stop with all of your reasonable logic!!! :D I want answers damnit! :blink:

Lol! Ok because we love drama.!!!

Are we not all curious when we see a car wreck on the highway? Most of us want to know how did it happen? whose fault? Anyone hurt? What does the damage look like?

Ok apply those same principals to this team and you have your answer. Better?!? ;)

Lol! Ok because we love drama.!!!

Are we not all curious when we see a car wreck on the highway? Most of us want to know how did it happen? whose fault? Anyone hurt? What does the damage look like?

Ok apply those same principals to this team and you have your answer. Better?!? ;)

Perfecto!

Sadly, I was stuck in traffic with that sazme situation yesterday... the man was driving a 2004 red Subaru while wearing glasses and a red t shirt and jeans.  The lady he hit was wearing a dress and driving a Ford Focus (teal blue)... wait??!?!!?? :unsure:

@Samifan

"One can only wonder what this discussion was all about? Think Ed was telling him he was taking the C off his sweater to relieve some of the pressure G is under?"

That could be a good start. He could be telling him that he saved a bunch of money on his car insurance by switching to GEICO. 

It is however touching that the "best player in the world" is counseling the most delusional owner in all sports. 

Ed was probably asking Giroux if he liked the new leather Snider was wearing.

Ed, "Don't worry G, Homer has the wheels in motion to obtain John Scott." "That should help you get on track."

Giroux, "Ed which brand of golf clubs do you use?"

• Like 1

@murraycraven

@canoli

I honestly have a gut feeling that if Giroux continues to struggle they will package him another player and look to get a monster return. Again, I do not want that one bit at all as I do not think Giroux's struggles are indicative of his talent level. I hate seeing stupid Hartnell on his wing turning over the puck every chance he gets too. I saw the look of frustration a few times on Giroux's face when Hartnell made a stupid move. It was easier when Jagr could contain the puck and all Hartnell had to do was plop his butt in front of the net. Anyhow, I do digress, Giroux is a goner. The contract says it all.

For all the Richards bashers out there our Clueless Captain G refused to speak to the media last night. Leaving his teammates to face the fire. While he slipped out the back door.

This just keeps getting worse.

What does this have to do with Richards? Why can't somebody bash them both? If I bash Giroux for running away - and the rumors are he fled the arena last night - Richards isn't suddenly a good captain just because Giroux is also bad.