Flyers talking to Edmonton about Eberle

pensuck

@pensuck

It very well could, but I think they were scouting the back end. Eberle is going to cost them a ton and I just don't see it. Maybe a deal involving B. Schenn, Meszaros might get the phone lines open, but I suspect they want Couturier and some help on D. 

I wish they could send Scott Hartnell packing, but at this point that is impossible.

I wouldn't be surprised if Holmgren is talking with Edmonton they could use a goalie and defense.  

Maybe a multiplayer deal  something like:

Eberle + back-up goalie  for Emery plus say a d-man ( pick one)

If you think you're getting Eberle for emery, Couturier, Hartnell or any other mediocre cast off parts you're nuts. The Oilers have shown excellent patience in creating a young core and letting them mature together. Yes they need a good goaltender to complete the set but you don't have one to offer so no deal there.

• Like 1

If you think you're getting Eberle for emery, Couturier, Hartnell or any other mediocre cast off parts you're nuts. The Oilers have shown excellent patience in creating a young core and letting them mature together. Yes they need a good goaltender to complete the set but you don't have one to offer so no deal there.

I mentioned this either in the shoutbox or in a thread with no response, but in regard to Edmonton specifically, you're right about goaltending.

If the Flyers want to move Emery for something (Edmonton specifically) they are probably doing it in the wrong year.   At least by the deadline, you have to figure that Miller, Brodeur, and one of the Ducks goalies will be available (if they weren't in the same division, I'd put my money on a Ducks goalie to Edmonton, but that fact might prevent that).   In such a market, if the Flyers get anything more than a 6th round pick for Emery they are doing REALLY well.

Agreed... they need a goalie but I dont see them giving up Eberle

@ Polaris

Showing Patience? Have You Ever TalkeD To An Oiler fan Or Read AN Edmonton News Paper Sports Section? The Fan Base Is Furious With This Young Talented Nucleus. There's Only 2 Teams That Are Worse Than Them. Us And The Sabres. They Will Make A move

The Oilers have shown excellent patience in creating a young core and letting them mature together.

it would be equally valid to say, "...letting them rot together."  true, you aren't getting eberle for emery and a flyers dman, but the price may be less than you think.  they have to start winning eventually, and that means having more than a top heavy cast of finesse forwards.  they may take a discount to plug some holes quickly.  not a huge discount, but.....

• Like 1

Here is the tweet... the Flyers *called* about Eberle

Tim Panaccio@tpanotchCSN3h

Just because Flyers call about Eberle doesnt mean it happens. EDM may say NO but Flyers said "NO" to dealing Carter/Richards until ...

Tim Panaccio@tpanotchCSN29m

The Flyers can ask for Eberle all they want ... the guy they can get back from EDM is really Ales Hemsky

If it is Hemsky that Homer trades for I am officially becoming another teams fan.

People could say the flyers are showing patience with their talented young core.

Except for the talented part apparently.

And what good is patience for either team if it doesn't yield any success?

Fire the entire coaching/ management staff!!!

it would be equally valid to say, "...letting them rot together." true, you aren't getting eberle for emery and a flyers dman, but the price may be less than you think. they have to start winning eventually, and that means having more than a top heavy cast of finesse forwards. they may take a discount to plug some holes quickly. not a huge discount, but.....