Flyers - Senators Game Thread 11/19

hf101

This is the second of three meetings between the teams this season, and the lone game in Philly. 

Chances are there will be quite a few Bobby Ryan fans at the game. 

I expect a tight game with a Flyers WIN!

PROJECTED LINE COMBINATIONS 

FLYERS

19 Scott Hartnell - 28 Claude Giroux - 93 Jakub Voracek
10 Brayden Schenn - 40 Vincent Lecavalier - 17 Wayne Simmonds
9 Steve Downie - 14 Sean Couturier - 24 Matt Read
37 Jay Rosehill - 18 Adam Hall - 36 Zac Rinaldo

44 Kimmo Timonen - 5 Braydon Coburn
8 Nicklas Grossmann - 32 Mark Streit
26 Erik Gustafsson - 22 Luke Schenn

35 Steve Mason
[29 Ray Emery]

Senators

9 Milan Michalek - 19 Jason Spezza - 89 Cory Conacher
16 Clarke MacArthur - 7 Kyle Turris - 6 Bobby Ryan
14 Colin Greening - 15 Zack Smith - 25 Chris Neil
22 Erik Condra - 57 - Derek Grant - 93 - Mika Zibanejad

3 Marc Methot - 65 Erik Karlsson
2 Jared Cowen - 62 Eric Gryba
4 Chris Phillips - 74 - Mark Borowiecki

40 Robin Lehner / 41 Craig Anderson/ 

Lets GO FLYERS!

Love how the Flyers are playing lately. Kimmo was an offensive beast tonight, another solid goaltending performance from Mason, Giroux's line looked sharp tonight, 3 goals in the 3d period. That dis allowed goal against the Sens was a favourable bounce, swung the momentium the Flyers way. Only things left to whine about are Dean Brown and Denis Potvin, pathetic at times, they gave Philly credit at times, but their b*ners for the Sens are pretty obvious, lol. Oh yeah and what is Mark Streit's role with this team again? He needs a new role, he has perfected the pass that bounces over his stick at the blueline and pretty good at giveaways at key moments in the game.

Howdy:

WC, good to see you. Potvin was canned as an announcer from my backyard Panthers....there must have been a reason. 

The 3rd period "outburst" was something we'd expect from this team at some point. It didn't hurt that their goalie was not too sharp.  Mason earned his keep. 

As a long-time fan it's interesting to see the team go back to defensive roots.  I grew up with lots of 3-2, 2-1 wins. Berube's system is taking hold. 

Peace,

Howie

Mason made some amazing saves. Couturier with his best "Pat Kane in the finals" impression. Giroux scores. Grossmann with the "save" of the day.

... and not to mentionTimo scoring the game winner skating across the crease.   When is the last time we've seen that happen?

McGinn, but for some reason they hate him.

Edit: This was in response to whoever asked about the 4th line.

Why does the quote feature suddenly not work?

Works for me.  What device / browser are you using?

McGinn, but for some reason they hate him.

Edit: This was in response to whoever asked about the 4th line.

Why does the quote feature suddenly not work?

I disagree with McGinn on the 4th line. He's a scorer. Playing him on the 4th line in the NHL as opposed to the 1st in the AHL is a step backward in development, but he should be the first callup if someone in the top 9 goes down. Is Raffl still sick?

I disagree with McGinn on the 4th line. He's a scorer. Playing him on the 4th line in the NHL as opposed to the 1st in the AHL is a step backward in development, but he should be the first callup if someone in the top 9 goes down. Is Raffl still sick?

How is Mcginn a "scorer"? He's played a handful of games, has scored some goals, and I actually like this kid's potential, but what makes you call him a scorer? As if he's proven that is the first thing you think of when you think of him?

Couturier was a scorer in juniors, but now he's playing a shutdown role.

Do we not put McGinn in the lineup because of that line of thinking? You put the best team you can on the ice. I can't speak for you, but I don't think Rinaldo, Rosehill, or Raffl are better or more deserving of a roster spot than McGinn.

Re Howie 58:

Good to see you too Howie,

The last time I was this excited about a goalie was when the late Pelle Lindbergh started his short career for the Flyers. I hope Mason turns out to be the real deal, as we know what great goalies can do for you. Up here in Canada we had the Sportsnet East feed and it's horrible to watch the Flyers games on, I had it on mute a lot of times. Those close defensive games are fun to watch, but it's good to see the Flyers put it away like they did last night. Interesting artilce on Philly.com today, said that Giroux's game started to turn around after recieving a text from Richards. Good to see Giroux going again.