Brayden Schenn: MIA

caluso

Ya, it makes sense to blame the 21 year old 2nd leading scorer on the team, or the guy with the goal and assist last night.

This team has a lot bigger problems than Brayden Schenn. Heck I'll take him and his brother over Hartnell and Timonen and use the extra 6 million to bring in another good player.

Sure he's not great, but he sure as heck isn't whats dragging this team down. Brayden is 9th in caphit for forwards on Philly, but 2nd in points. Do you really think he's the problem? His brother is 6th in caphit for defencemen. There are a dozen players who need to get their act in gear over these two.

• Like 1

Ya, it makes sense to blame the 21 year old 2nd leading scorer on the team, or the guy with the goal and assist last night.

This team has a lot bigger problems than Brayden Schenn. Heck I'll take him and his brother over Hartnell and Timonen and use the extra 6 million to bring in another good player.

Sure he's not great, but he sure as heck isn't whats dragging this team down. Brayden is 9th in caphit for forwards on Philly, but 2nd in points. Do you really think he's the problem? His brother is 6th in caphit for defencemen. There are a dozen players who need to get their act in gear over these two.

Come on man. What's wrong with pointing out that he's completely MIA lately? I've been one of the most vocal supporters of his so far this year. Him and VLC were the two best forwards on the team when it was at its worst, but he's not playing well now. What's wrong with saying that?

Is he "not playing well" or not scoring?

I think he's too easily knocked off the puck, and have thought that from the jump, I also think he's steadily improved as a player.

When I think about trading Mike Richards for him I get a little nauseous, then I remember he's 22. I am with@flyercanuck, he's the least of the team's problems, I do ,now ,think he was overrated by a lot of people, scouts and GMs all over the league, based upon a dominant world junior tournament performance, his play is indicative of his junior career , that world junior tournament got him paid.

He is a guy that I think we can afford to be patient with and that he will be a good NHL Player . I don't know that he will be a superstar or even as good as MR. However, I have no problem with his production being inconsistent, he is producing even though he has not played a defined role for the team for more than a couple of months at a time.

He is a guy that I think we can afford to be patient with and that he will be a good NHL Player . I don't know that he will be a superstar or even as good as MR. However, I have no problem with his production being inconsistent, he is producing even though he has not played a defined role for the team for more than a couple of months at a time.

Schenn and MR's first two seasons are similar. And MR had his big breakout year in his 3rd NHL season (1.01 pts/game), and it just doesn't look like Schenn will come close to that. He's at half that.

On top of that, you'd want him to be more noticeable on a game in game out basis, and I haven't really seen that. THe first few seasons were very sporadic, and it's similar this year. Even the games where he gets an assist or a goal, he's not impacting the game much in other areas (hits, faceoffs, puck control).

Come on man. What's wrong with pointing out that he's completely MIA lately? I've been one of the most vocal supporters of his so far this year. Him and VLC were the two best forwards on the team when it was at its worst, but he's not playing well now. What's wrong with saying that?

So, given this logic, I fully expect you to say Raffl played well last night then.   :ph34r:

@fanaticV3.0

I was going to put in queue fanatic honest!

Nothing wrong with it. And nothing wrong with pointing out there are many other players making more money doing less.

No there isn't, but when a kid carries the load when the team is at its worst, looks to be taking some steps forwards, and then disappears, that's a problem.

On top of that, you'd want him to be more noticeable on a game in game out basis, and I haven't really seen that.

THIS!

I said earlier in the season that for the Flyers to be a decent team Schenn really needed to step up and become the player that he has been touted to be for years.   He comes and goes and when he goes he is really gone.   He has to be more consistant with his play...not only offense but be more consistant w/out the puck.  

Schenn and MR's first two seasons are similar. And MR had his big breakout year in his 3rd NHL season (1.01 pts/game), and it just doesn't look like Schenn will come close to that. He's at half that.

Richards was essentially the teams' first line center at that point in his career.

Schenn's playing second line wing.

Just a bit of apples and oranges there.

BSchenn is among the "least of our worries" at the moment, but if the Simmonds/BSchenn/Voracek/Couturier group doesn't step it up, the trades start looking less and less attractive in retrospect.

They traded established players for potential, and it's time that they live up to the potential.

The established guys that left have already won a Cup.

So, given this logic, I fully expect you to say Raffl played well last night then.   :ph34r:

He did, and I have no problem giving credit where credit is due, but it's one game. If you want to hang your hat on that you're delusional. Personally, I choose to look at his entire season. If you think 1 game carries more weight than the previous 17, you're an idiot. 

I said earlier in the season that for the Flyers to be a decent team Schenn really needed to step up and become the player that he has been touted to be for years.   He comes and goes and when he goes he is really gone.   He has to be more consistant with his play...not only offense but be more consistant w/out the puck.

It's frustrating, no doubt. He reminds me of JVR, which is why I'm willing to be patient with him.

He did, and I have no problem giving credit where credit is due, but it's one game. If you want to hang your hat on that you're delusional. Personally, I choose to look at his entire season. If you think 1 game carries more weight than the previous 17, you're an idiot. 

Dude, what the **** is your ******* problem?  Trying to have some fun, and your acting like a total ******* asshole calling me an idiot.

Go **** yourself...and go back to silly.com where you childish ass belongs.

Maybe Brayden should try harder.

It worked for Raffl.

The notion that guys can just "play better " and see results I find humorous. Hockey may be the ultimate team game in that , a guy (player A ) may make a great move and pass to his teammate (player b), who , lost an edge . So player A maybe playing great , but if player B is having a bad night it directly effects player A's production . Schenn plays on a line with the most streaky player on the team ,Simmonds, so even if 10 is playing great , he still might be invisible because Raffl stopped trying or conversely Schenn might be playing "just okay" but because Simmer is on a two week tear Schenn looks better.

Like I said , I see improvement from Brayden and have some regard for the fact that he gets yo-yo'd around the line up and can still contribute positively.

No there isn't, but when a kid carries the load when the team is at its worst, looks to be taking some steps forwards, and then disappears, that's a problem.

Yes. But not nearly the problem of the highly paid vets who have yet to carry the load this season. And kids are supposed to have ups and downs.

THIS!

Does anyone else get a JVR deja-vu sense from this post. They aren't the same player...but I'd prefer more patience with guys like Schenn, Couturier than  was given JVR. 

LOL...great minds

Haha!

Totally agree with Schenn and Couturier. They are ones worth the patience. That being said, I'm still of the opinion that if there is a young potential franchise defender available and the price is one of those two, then you do it. Up until a few weeks ago, I would have kept Schenn. Right now, I would keep Couturier.

And I expect that seesaw to continue for a few seasons ;)

he is the team's second line center who has been invisible. and this, after he returned to his "natural" position. how is he not dragging the team down?

however you look at it, he certainly isn't helping the team.

@caluso

Like I said...Schenn hasn't been playing great. But he's done a lot more for this team this year, for a lot less money, than A LOT of other guys. So IMO hardly THE GUY who needs calling out. There are guys who have been MIA practically the entire season.

Does anyone else get a JVR deja-vu sense from this post. They aren't the same player...but I'd prefer more patience with guys like Schenn, Couturier than  was given JVR. 

Believe me FC...  I am nowhere near ready to ship him out of town.   I like Schenn and think he is going to be a very good player and I am more than willing to give him time.  

Believe me FC...  I am nowhere near ready to ship him out of town.   I like Schenn and think he is going to be a very good player and I am more than willing to give him time.  

Ya, I wasn't alluding to that. Just putting Schenns up and down play into context...it's what most developing players do.