What can you all tell me about Stewart? Please

Buffalo Rick

Stewart has been maddeningly inconsistent for the Avalanche and then the Sabres.

He came to the Blues along with Kevin Shattenkirk for Erik Johnson (Speaking of maddeningly inconsistent) and ha s30 goal, 100 PIMs written all over him.

The problem is two fold, he mails it in a lot of nights which does not play well with a coach like Hitch and he takes some of the most outrageous penalties ever. He possesses all the talent in the world, he could and should be another Milan Lucic but he has absolutely zero hockey IQ.

So in other words, a million dollar talent with a ten cent head. Easily more talented than Ott, unequivocal inarguable but i would want Ott any day of the week before Stewart because you know night after night what Ott will give which is everything he has.

But as mentioned earlier, it looks like Stewart may be Ottawa bound for a third rounder. Maybe his enormous talent can be harnessed by the walrus, who knows. But if a guy cannot play for Hitch i just dont know if he can play.

@Hockey Junkie

Stewart is your classic underachiever. If Nolan can motivate this guy to show up on a nightly basis, he can be a good player. I'm not sure Teddy has the energy to do that and try and coach an AHL calibre team next season. Good luck Mr. Nolan, but there's light at the end of the tunnel...and his name is McDavid!

@Hockey Junkie

Stewart is your classic underachiever. If Nolan can motivate this guy to show up on a nightly basis, he can be a good player. I'm not sure Teddy has the energy to do that and try and coach an AHL calibre team next season. Good luck Mr. Nolan, but there's light at the end of the tunnel...and his name is McDavid!

I am not buying your negative everything approach. 

@Hockey Junkie

According to Bob Mackenzie the Sabres are likely flipping Halak and Stewart anyway, so it won't matter. You can take this post as positive, or negative, or neutral.

And all you have to do is google Chris Stewart and I'm sure you'll find plenty of opinions on him not playing to his ability. You asked.

Negative or not its the truth. Stewart needs to change his ways or sit most days.

I do not pretend to know alot about Stewart.  But I am not banking our team's future on him either. It is going to be very strange not seeing Miller in the nets.  But I am very happy he is in St Louis.  

I do not pretend to know alot about Stewart. But I am not banking our team's future on him either. It is going to be very strange not seeing Miller in the nets. But I am very happy he is in St Louis.

Just saying @flyercanuck knows what he's talking about with Stewart. Many of us have said the same thing. He's not your future... He's a means to an end.

if a guy cannot play for Hitch i just dont know if he can play.

The players he shipped out of town at various stops who went on to have very impressive careers notwithstanding.

I think you and others are dead in about Stewart but couldn't help commenting on that line.