Mark Madden from ESPN radio Pittsburgh is a complete tool

Irishjim

Pittsburgh sports radio jockey, Mark Madden, had this to say in one of his latest blogs regarding last night's WSH-PHL line brawl --

"The Philadelphia Flyers and Washington Capitals had a short, fierce line brawl last night. Unfortunately, no one on either team was beaten to death.

"The skirmish contains a vintage Flyers moment: Wayne Simmonds holds Washington's John Erskine from behind while Vincent Lecavalier punches him. I was hoping Erskine could make the hot tag before Jim Cornette bashed him in the head with his tennis racket. Lecavalier used to be an honorable hockey player. But the minute you don that logo, you become a cheap-shot hack." 

I love that last part. No matter who you are, once you put on the O&B, you're a "cheap-shot hack."

I guess that fat, sweaty, pulsating clump of man-**** forgot all about one James Neal throwing a knee to the back of a defenseless player's head this season? Or the countless dirty antics we witnessed (from both teams) back in our 2012 Series?

This over-opinionated, arrogant whoreson does not represent the city of Pittsburgh, or its fans, by any justified means. I'm friends with enough wholesome Penguins devotees to know that's true. He's just your run-of-the-mill white trash, spat from the loins of a hillbilly harlot.

Here's the link to Mark's blog, if you care to visit it: http://m.1059thex.com/.../mark.../cheapshot-hacks-12130770

also of interest

Mark Madden, everyone!

"I HATE THE FLYERS. I was so happy when Pittsburgh boy RJ Umberger got traded to Columbus, because it meant I could root for the Flyers plane crash again. Those low-rent scumbags kicked the Penguins around FOR YEARS — literally, FOR YEARS, 42 games without a win at the Spectrum, 15 FRIGGIN' YEARS — so recent domination of the Flyers is more glorious than D-day. Here's the scoreboard, bitches: 8-0 in 2006-07, playoff elimination in '08 and '09, three Cups to your two. It's a shame "1975" is a tough year to chant. The Flyers' thug-life style has been an embarrassment to hockey for 40 years, and IT DOESN'T WORK 

14504_742679739077681_1686575251_n.jpg

I won't even bother reading the blog, as I never read anything from Mark Madden.   Even people from the 'burgh will tell you, he's a loud mouth Rome wannabe who's not worth the effort to even complain about.

Madden is an idiot.  Anyone who thinks he speaks for Pittsburgh must also thinks Angelo Cataldi speaks for Philly. :ph34r:

as the writer of the article stated he compliments the Pittsburgh fans and says he doesn't represent your true fan base. real fans see through his shock and Awe approach..i hate the philly radio guys for doing the same thing 

Madden is an idiot.  Anyone who thinks he speaks for Pittsburgh must also thinks Angelo Cataldi speaks for Philly. :ph34r:

Thank you for the coffee through the nose this am....and I am sorry that he is Pitt's cross to bear as Cataldi is ours.

Thank you for the coffee through the nose this am....and I am sorry that he is Pitt's cross to bear as Cataldi is ours.

To be fair, he's worse than Cataldi.  It's been a while since I lived in Philly but Cataldi wasn't really known for being controversial just for ratings.  He may be an idiot and not up on his sports, but I don't remember him ever being as big a horse's arse at Madden. 

The guy sounds like Pittsburghs version of Tucker from the old philly.com forum.

And they gave him a radio show? (I guess it's sort of better than the non-Flyer talk that goes on the Philly sports radio) I fully respect the Pens fans opinion that we have on this site...but guys like that just ruin it for the rest of them.

"1975 is a tough year to chant?" 

Maybe if your only means of exercise wasn't just getting fatter it wouldn't be.

@Irishjim This idiot has the feel of a one of those shock jocks, where shock value helps cover up the true lack of knowledge about the sport in question. At least Rome knew his stuff, the same does not be true for Madden.

Actually Madden knows hockey and is quite passionate about it. I've sat in a bar near him and listened to him discuss the games. He knows the sport, but LOVES doing things to offend anyone and everyone. It's literally made him millions. And he's been fired from two or three radio jobs to boot...

@flyercanuck

He's made six figure incomes for over a decade doing that crap. Sad thing is he knows the game, but I guess it's the trash talk that makes him money. In fairness, he treats a lot of hometown fans like crap too. Sometimes I listen just because its funny to hear him tell people that call in with stupid ideas they're stupid.