Trotz out as coach of Predators

hf101

According to sources Barrry Trotz will not be back with the Predators for a 16th season.  End of an era for the franchise with 557 wins and 479 losses.

I really don't see what they think a coaching change will bring them at this point. It's kinda like Ruff up in Buffalo - the organization's failings were not a reflection on the coach (See: Stars in Playoffs).

They've simply never had offense in Nashville and the GMs moves haven't changed that at all.

Trotz did as well as any coach could do with Carter Hutton and Devan Dubnyk in net. If Rinne had been healthy all year they would have been battling Dallas for the final playoff spot. Hard to blame Trotz when your big off season acquisition is either Nystrom or Cullen.

• Like 1

Trotz will be coaching the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2014-15.  Heard it here first.

LOL. Do you really think Sid and his run and gun mates will tolerate a coach who requires them to actually play defense and back check?  There are several teams who are going to be making changes that have young impressionable players where Trotz will be an excellent fit. Pittsburgh does not fall into that category.

Trotz did as well as any coach could do with Carter Hutton and Devan Dubnyk in net. If Rinne had been healthy all year they would have been battling Dallas for the final playoff spot. Hard to blame Trotz when your big off season acquisition is either Nystrom or Cullen.

Agreed there but the Preds front office kind of tied themselves up with just TWO contracts. Changes are going to have to be made financial-wise or they better hope they have some supporting cast players from the farm team.

I really don't see what they think a coaching change will bring them at this point. It's kinda like Ruff up in Buffalo - the organization's failings were not a reflection on the coach (See: Stars in Playoffs).

They've simply never had offense in Nashville and the GMs moves haven't changed that at all.

I never thought of Trotz as a very good coach. Maybe because I watched the Sharks smash them 2 years in a row in the first round.

Even with the additions of Forsberg, and Radulov playing well, Kariya playing well, and Nashville looking good, he was just badly outcoached. He was not adjusting lines properly in the playoffs, nor defensive pairings. The Sharks top offensive defensemen were Matt Carle and Craig Rivet (guys who were 40 points at best and very easy to keep out) and the strategy Trotz was employing was just weird, Treating them like they were Nick Lidstrom on coverage. Why he was trying to throw Kariya's line Vs Joe Thornton's, letting Forsberg get molested a few games at ES, etc

I know he did not have a lot to work with some years, but in the years we played him, he had decent teams and just made some horrible decisions.

so meh

I agree. I think they are looking for a scape goat. Preds really needs the playoff gate revenue and two years in a row, no revenue, something has to change. 

LOL. Do you really think Sid and his run and gun mates will tolerate a coach who requires them to actually play defense and back check?  There are several teams who are going to be making changes that have young impressionable players where Trotz will be an excellent fit. Pittsburgh does not fall into that category.

There may be a few teams may be making changes but Trotz may not have to wait long to find out if the Pens will have an opening.  :unsure:  The Isles already confirmed Capuano will be back.  Check them off.

As for the D - wasn't that bad. 10th in the league in GAA.  And Crosby is definitely not the reason I'd want Trotz.  Stuck remote video aside, that's the last guy who's effort you need to worry about.  It's not even an effort issue for me. It's more X's and O's and accountability for bad plays...and not all bad plays are due to lack of effort.

nd Crosby is definitely not the reason I'd want Trotz. Stuck remote video aside, that's the last guy who's effort you need to worry about.

Crosby was not the Malkin/Neal/Letang I was referring to....I might despise Crosby and never want him on my team but I don't discount his skills or his heart.

I think I just puked in my mouth while typing that.... :wacko: