Game 2 - Flyers did what they had to do

brelic

Posted · Hidden by hf101, April 22, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by hf101, April 22, 2014 - off topic

So, wait. My opinion gets dismissed as "hullabaloo" (PC for something else, we're told) and "utter crap" (by a forum moderator, no less), and I'm the dick.

For added fun, there are mysterious "egos" here that are "entertaining" for not melting into a sycophantic puddle because a couple of guys disagree with them. Never mind that you and ruxpin also have maintained your "I'm right, you're wrong" positions, too. Only much more offensively.

*i* think it makes a difference that emery has seen the Rangers twice in a row. Enough that a goalie change is not an obvious choice. I've tried to explain why, and I'm sorry I haven't been convinced otherwise by "nu-uh, that's utter crap" and a pair of post-game comments.

While we're at it, @ruxpin, I think it a pretty fair sized mess when a mod castigated posters for being annoyed at cross - child board trolling, in the name of inclusion and growing the forum, and then two weeks later dismisses opinions and entire lines of discussion as meritless gibberish posted by people who haven't the foggiest clue what they are talking about. Which is it? Is this kumbiya land, or is it inappropriate to be a dismissive jackass?

lol.. you mad bro!?

@hf101

Why did you edit/delete @aziz's harangue? It was great reading!!

I've never played goal, except for once in lacrosse - never again! - but it sounds like Mason is struggling with concussion-like symptoms. He himself said the practice the other day exhausted him completely. Until a doctor says he is 100% and has a full practice without fatigue, Emery has to start. 

Razor is a competitor with lots yet to prove. I don't mind having a guy like that at this stage of his career getting the chance. 

Even if I was ready, there's no reason to take him out now."

And thus why he should be between the pipes if ready. Seriously, is that an easy out then? I don't see mason as a non gamer and thought all season he is a gamer. If its getting a teammates back and juicing it up, fine. If its I am scared.....oh never mind. 

@Vanflyer

Seems to me Mason is just trying to be a good teammate and inspire confidence in the team. I can't imagine a pro athlete not wanting to play on the big stage. 

I didn't read it as anything more than exactly that.  It's really not a "see?" quote.

This thread keeps getting stranger.

therefore, another quote:

"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."

• Like 1

I apologize HF... Was not trying to cause a stir but level the playing field. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and thought some were directed my way for my post.

Keep up the good fight...I have to find my hf101 hockey forums cop pic again! Lok

Edited by murraycraven

I just laughing about Emery thinking about Stepans shooting tendencies as he was depositing the puck in the net from 3 inches out.

So lemme get this straight. Because I think emery's having seen these shooters for several periods in a row is of benefit, you find it funny that he gets scored on. Do I have your tendencies right, here?

Posted · Hidden by hf101, April 23, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by hf101, April 23, 2014 - off topic
So lemme get this straight. Because I think emery's having seen these shooters for several periods in a row is of benefit, you find it funny that he gets scored on. Do I have your tendencies right, here?

I think it's hysterical... To point out how you make a bad points. Just like nodl out scoring Jagr. Look, if you're gonna be so headstrong about your opinions, learn to accept the criticism when you're wrong, which is quite often.

I mentioned in the other thread that I really only saw the first period before passing out (really sick among a lot of stress).

Was this game really goaltending?  It didn't appear that way to me in the first period.  Maybe Mason provides them a jump (who knows?) but I don't care if it's Mason or Emery or Bryz or Stevie Wonder, the goalie can't score on the power play and he can't make the team stop taking insane penalties.

The goalie cannot win important faceoffs in the defensive end or make sound clears or move his feet in the offensive end.  All joking aside, the goalie discussion is moot if the rest of the team is playing as it is.