Round 2 - Bruins vs Canadiens

hf101

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this second round series?

Consider this a general discussion thread for Round 2 of the Bruins vs Canadiens.

The Canadiens won 24 of the 33 previous series, but the Bruins have taken seven of the last 11.  The Bruins lost three of their four regular season games against the Canadiens, one in a shootout. But they also lost three of four regular-season games against Detroit before winning four of five to eliminate the Red Wings in the first round.  

One of Montreal's greatest assets is its speed, while Boston relies on strength and solid positioning.

Who do you think will win the Atlantic Division title?

Yes it will be hard fought.  2 teams that really do not like each other.   However, like I said before, this Boston team is deep, well balanced, and strong in net.

Boston in 6

Boston in 5.  I see they have already comeback from a 2 goal deficit.  Montreal will win one game at home, but that is about it, this is a quick series.

Rask > Price.  

you're funny about Price, he is the reason that team is anything and anywhere.  He stopped 50 shots in game one, a lot of them were quality chances too.  You are wrong about him being average.  he's that team's best player and probably one of the top 4 goalies in the league ... and i'm having a hard time thinking of two guys that i think are better.

you're funny about Price, he is the reason that team is anything and anywhere.  He stopped 50 shots in game one, a lot of them were quality chances too.  You are wrong about him being average.  he's that team's best player and probably one of the top 4 goalies in the league ... and i'm having a hard time thinking of two guys that i think are better.

I take it you think Price is better than Rask then.  Lundqvist?  Rinne?   Quick?   My main issue with Price is consistency.  The guy will have a great game here and there, but then collapse for three in a row.  I think he's a slightly above average goalie, but there are a lot of goalies I would rather have before him, Rask being one of them.  Did you see Rask in last year's ECF?  He was all but unbeatable.  This year he has a 1.52 GAA with an amazing .946 save% in the playoffs.    I understand the Bruins have a great defensive system going, but a .946% save percentage??  That's ridiculous good.  

I would take Quick, Lundqvist, Rask, Rinne, Hiller, Bobrovsky, Elliot, Varlomov, Bishop and even Fleury (at least int he regular season! lol)  ...  all before Price.  I gave him credit for game 1... he really deserves it.  But I still think he's one of the most overrated goaltenders in the game, and I will continue to think that until he does something to deserve otherwise.    

@Polaris922

I don't take Rinne, or Rask before Price. Varlomov ?... no way, cough cough cough.

the Pens shots in the ECF last year were not super-duper quality chances, there were stretches where he played very well but that series was not won or lost by the goaltending.  Your guys were skated out of all the buildings.    I also remember Rask, imploding late in game 6 when the Hawks were pouring it on. 

Price when he's playing well is demoralizingly good,  and he's capable of playing like that for weeks at a time.  Rask may have taken away your hope last year , but he was only called upon to do it for parts of 2 games maybe 20 minutes total.  I sound like I don't like him and that's not true , i just think I pick Carey Price instead of him every time i'm picking.

but hey taste is in your mouth, have fun watching your boys mutilate the Rangers.

Edited by mojo1917

@Hockey Junkie

You DO realize there are other players in this league called the NHL than the ones that play or have played for the Buffalo Sabres, right?

(and I wasn't around for the end of the 1st round...please explain why Ryan Millers stellar .897 playoff save percentage didn't catapult the Blues to the cup final)

@Hockey Junkie

You DO realize there are other players in this league called the NHL than the ones that play or have played for the Buffalo Sabres, right?

(and I wasn't around for the end of the 1st round...please explain why Ryan Millers stellar .897 playoff save percentage didn't catapult the Blues to the cup final)

Hey - Brian Gionta is from Rochester which is kinda near Buffalo and he once had wings in Buffalo so I bet he will be a difference maker, too. :unsure:

What does any of this have to do with my comment on Vanek.  You know I am right so you come out with this BS.  As usual.  Vanek is a Boston killer.  The Sabres made him.  And to the other guy, yes Gionta is from a town here called Greece.  A suburb of Rochester on Lake Ontario.  He likely skated at Lake Shore rinks as a kid.  I used to skate there.  I am no fan of him as he never played for the teams I like.  

Really? The Sabres made him?  I thought Jarmila and Zdeněk Vanek made him. :wacko:

(Totally unrelated but interesting point - he went to the same high school in South Dakota as Andreas Nodl.)

@B21

What does South Dakota or Andreas Nodl have to do with Buffalo? Come on...Buffalo!!!! It's all that matters!

Buffalo used to roam the plains of South Dakota, no? That has to count for something!

I say Montreal in 7..

My first post here.

Welcome.

Glad to have another Wild fan here posting on the forums.

Hopefully Minny ties this up at home tonight.

And they are making a comeback.   Like the Eagle they are an american tradition.  I say the Bruins tie this up tonight.  The writing is on the wall.  They are going to be storming tonight and I expect they tie it up.

Hey! Ya got one!  I still think you should pick the Rangers tonight though. Even a broken clock.... ;)