Dave Poulin Fired from the Leafs

hf101

Toronto Maple Leafs announced today the firing of Dave Poulin as vice president of hockey operations.  He was also the GM of the Marlies.  Wonder if he will be headed to the Flyers as Hextall has an opening for assistant GM?

I was wondering if and when this would happen after the year the Laffs and with Shanadouche coming on board.  I would love to have him back in the Flyers fold (for sentimental reasons of course) but I am not sure in what role.  His ND coaching career was  but nothing to boast about.  It is hard to gauge how he performed for the Laffs in his position but they didnt do anything gang busters with him in that slot so I dont know.  I would love it if he could be in a role where he could mentor G on wearing the C as leadership (especially by example) is what #20 did best when he was here.    

FWIW Meltzer was wondering aloud if Poulin will be considered for the Flyers assistant GM position by Hexy.  http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Meltzers-Musings-Poulin-Quick-Hits/45/61435

Edited by Poulin20
  • Like 1

Always liked Poulin. Quite possibly the most articulate, well-spoken hockey player ever (I know, I know not a lot of competition). And Ken Dryden doesn't count because he went and became a politician.

Smart guy Poulin. I believe he has an MBA or something high falutin like that.

I was wondering if and when this would happen after the year the Laffs and with Shanadouche coming on board.  I would love to have him back in the Flyers fold (for sentimental reasons of course) but I am not sure in what role.  His ND coaching career was  but nothing to boast about.  It is hard to gauge how he performed for the Laffs in his position but they didnt do anything gang busters with him in that slot so I dont know.  I would love it if he could be in a role where he could mentor G on wearing the C as leadership (especially by example) is what #20 did best when he was here.    

FWIW Meltzer was wondering aloud if Poulin will be considered for the Flyers assistant GM position by Hexy.  http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Meltzers-Musings-Poulin-Quick-Hits/45/61435

I'd love to see Hextall bring Poulin in as the assistant GM who would be in charge of the Phantoms. Poulin is a smart hockey guy, he did well running the Marlies and he understands what it's like to play in Philly. I think it would be a great fit and I hope it happens

@Lindbergh31  As far as Poulin's player management skills go, the results speak for themselves. The Marlies have won their division 3 years running now. They made the finals (2012) and lost a heartbreaking 7 game Conference Final to the eventual AHL champs Texas Stars last spring. That's a pretty impressive resume he has started to build.

@Poulin20

How ridiculously awesome would that be to have Hexy AND Poulin in charge of the shop!

It would be a dream come true Sars!  The icing on the cake would be if it happened and then we got to see Hexy and Poulin finally hoist the cup as Flyers in a few years!   

• 2 weeks later...